Topics on video games and platforms
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Online anime games, these look cute!

Post by Sugarflower »

A few friends of mine showed me these sites:
http://www.mapleglobal.com/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/index.php
Has anyone seen these before? I might sign up soon just so I can check them out.

I remember a few years ago there was a game called 'Quiz Quiz'. You had to download the .exe to play. It was an online community game based with educational games with a chatroom system too. Still it was so fun and cute! You could create your own character and collect points/money for upgrading its physical appearance. Unfortunately the company who released it did away with the english version but it's still living elsewhere:
http://qplay.nexon.com/KR/Page/NX.aspx?URL=Home/Index

Please let me know if anyone does play the 2 games at the top and what they think of them, or if anyone had ever played Quiz Quiz in the past. Thanks!
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

I played gaia a little while back, but soon quit because the boards were practically getting a new topic per second, and the moderators couldn't do that much about it because of how quickly new topics were produced. And most of the topics I found to be pretty useless.
I remember a few topics with subjects like 'I'm ugly' or even sometimes with random gibberish, numbers and just names.
And then some people started PMing me useless information and strange questions o_O and spamming my inbox, and it got more and more annoying, so I quit. >_<;; But I did like the different places you could go to and the different clothes and things you could buy. Lol I was trying to fashion my character to look like a Naruto character at one point but gave up shortly after because I found it hard to get more and more money lol XD I kept spending it rather quickly on the new gimmicks they introduced, like fishing and gambling etc. I haven't gone back in a long while, but if I did, I'd probably get pulled in by another new thing or two. XD However I doubt I'd go back :?
Well that's my 2 cents worth XD
Last edited by Hakiri on Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting deduction. What kind of people?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

To bad that was happening. It's a shame that pplz have to be so immature and make the game less fun for others.

I saw some gameplay for Maple Town and it looks like a sidescroller RPG. Looks interesting so I may try it soon.
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Mapleglobal looks really cute and rather interesting. I might try it out soon. ^_^ Thanks for the link! /ok

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)