Stress relief "wrong" games

Topics on video games and platforms
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Stress relief "wrong" games

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Stress relief seems to be one of the hot issues on beta at this moment and with this in mind I'm asking help from the gaming Beta-members :

What would you consider to be the most politically incorrect game on PC or PS(2) ?

Yes. Of course I'm asking this so I can go and check them out. :dgrin

On the list so far are :

Carmageddon : PC
Grand Theft Auto series : PS2

Anyone know any more ?

Thx.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Re: Stress relief "wrong" games

Post by kittens »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote: Carmageddon : PC
What are you talking about! It is a fuuuun game :dsmoke

I am not sure but for me (this is only me) the deer hunting games are pretty horrible.... Poor deers :l :l :l Just me though.....
Cats rule!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh. Please make some suggestions for improvement.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

I'm with ya on the Grand Theft, gabe. My 10-year-old son has been begging me for Vice City for years now. Apparently, most of his 10-year-old friends have it. O_O I just give him an odd look and walk-away. Sometimes he gets the short, "If you want to slap around hookers and participate in drive-bys, you'll have to do it at your friend's house. Ain't happenin' in mine."

He'll keep on asking and I'll keep-on laughing my arse off.
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Worst game...

I would vote for JFK Reloaded.

Real "FUN" playing Lee Harvey Oswald /omg
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

State of Emergency

Here is an official review:

February 13, 2002 - Heh heh heh...Rockstar amuses me. Each time I look their way, I see the New York, NY-based company's growing tendency to create games that reflect an urban, chaotic, perhaps even violent, nature. Every time I turn back, a newer, grittier, more violent game comes screaming out of their development houses. When I think about the many ways in which I can incite violence in the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 3, it makes me chuckle, but this, this might be a little bit out of control.

-Douglass C. Perry
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Stress relief "wrong" games

Post by Keropi »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:What would you consider to be the most politically incorrect game on PC or PS(2) ?
In English? Definitely Virgin Roster. The guy you play is a complete scumbag with no redeeming qualities.

But I've seen screencaps of Japanese adult PC games that freak me out. I knew they had stalker games in Japan, but some of them are so extreme... 8O

If someone tried to bring over one of THOSE games over here to adapt it into English I'm sure someone would try to burn down their building.
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Who told you?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

There's also that game by Rockstar games called "Bully" or something on PS2. You play the bully and move further up in the game by picking on other kids.. very strange. I was watching a game preview program on TV when I saw it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I think every once in a while it's just fun being evil while your playing a game. One of my favorite Civilization 3 games was when I had twenty four thermonuclear warheads go off at the same time against my rival's cities. That was fun. :evilblk

The games just go completely against how you're supposed to act in real life.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Supposedly Manhunt is another grisley one from Rockstar for both PS2 & PC that's a "third-person perspective stealth action game that puts you in the role of a death row inmate forced to run a deadly gauntlet at the whim of a sadistic cinematographer". :shrug

Kinda sounds like a watered-down version of the original Hitman: Codename 47. I would recommend Hitman 2 instead. Good, clean fun. Image
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Manhunt has indeed made my list.

I've been shopping around for Red Card, a football-game (soccer for the Ussies) in which you are allowed to make serious fouls, but since it's older and more unkown, I keep coming up empty.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

- the suffering (x-box and PS2) (theres a sequel coming out real soon)
- god of war (PS2) (love this game!)

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Been playing a lot of Gun lately. Man, this game is vi-o-lent. Image