Baten Kaitos 2, Xenosaga III and other RPGs!

Topics on video games and platforms
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Baten Kaitos 2, Xenosaga III and other RPGs!

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh for gods sake, people!! You really can't get me looking for new games.... I just visited Monolith's site again...and found out that BK2 is coming out THIS FEBRUARY!!!! I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!! I'm just glad I'm going home for Christmas so I can get my GC.............. lol

EDIT: Just fixed the subject for my other ramblings...
Last edited by Rekka Alexiel on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Hee, hee . . . when I find some time I'm going to have to play the first one. It's been sitting in my "to play"pile for months. :emb
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh god yeah!!! I loved the first one to pieces, it's one of the 3 games that have managed to make me cry--and that in my book is a HUGE deal. lol Anything that gets me to care enough to cry...means a lot. So I'm really anxious for the 2nd one. BUT...I cannot recommend the English version of the game since I haven't played it. But I can assume from the bits of audio clips that I've heard of it.... is nowhere near as good as the original. But that's coming from an -original- buff. I dislike English voice acting greatly. lol
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I don't know nearly enough Japanese to appreciate an entire game. X| English voice-overs for me.
Sakura-chan
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Sakura-chan »

Baten Kaitos 2???? 8O I haven't even started the first, got it for cheap last week.. I can't wait to start it *_*, can't believe another one's coming out already!!!

Hmm, if you cried, then I'm sure to cry as well.. I cried while playing Tales of Symphonia... XD
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Sakura-chan's New Domain!!! CHECK IT OUT!
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

haha, when I was lurking around the Baten Kaitos message boards (english) many, many people there were also into Tales of Symphonia. I haven't played ToS....but... my instincts tell me that BK is by far superior. Sooo, please play BK!!! I'm sure you'll love it, as long as you get get over the unique battle system. I liked it. Keeps you on your toes and you can't just let AI take over for you while you go off to start making dinner in the kitchen!!!!! lol I thought it was a nice, realistic change to battles..... but -crosses fingers- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

I never knew the Gamecube had another good RPG. Damn... now I need to find this game, hopefully on cheap since it is old.

Yeah, ToS is good... so good it killed my first gen Gamecube's poor laser.
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Rekka Alexiel

BK--> WA:ACF

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

lol really? Guess you played too long!! haha I know what that's like... I've often wondered how my systems have survived as long as they have with me overworking them all the time... heh

And this ought to be in a separate thread...but I'm lazy and don't feel like it. haha

Recently I've been playing Wild Arms Alter Code:F, the remake of the first Wild Arms, which I loved. I'm a little disappointed that Rudy is...a silent character this time. I'd love to hear his voice through all the things going on. But he does speak in battles and such, which is a plus. Lets us hear him a little bit... But the graphics in the game... holy crap, they were better in the first WA! lol I almost cannot stand it. It's interesting because they made 3 more characters playable charas for parts of the game. I'm not sure if they'll be accessable later in the game or not, but it makes for a nice change. And the damn puzzles and mazes... I hate them. Very much. lol Took me three hours in one maze just because I didn't scare some kid with Hanpen right away. lol GRRRRRRRR
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What do you have against them?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I think Beta gobbled up the other post I tried to post here... but... has Namco dropped the BK series? They produced the first one, didn't they? Any news on why they may not be in on the 2nd one this time? You can't find BK2 anywhere on their pages...
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Rekka Alexiel wrote:has Namco dropped the BK series?
According to IGN "Namco's fully unveiled one of the big Tokyo Game Show titles in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine - Baten Kaitos 2, which will take place 20 years prior (yes, prior) to the beginning of the original title."

And Gamespot's trailer for BKII has Namco listed in the credits.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Where did gamespotdot comd4gscrpgbatenkaitosiibatenkaitos2_gp_gc_091605_wmzip]trailer[url] for BKII get Namco listed in the credits?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Quit reading my coding Cloud. :whip
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

OK I'll try not to do reading my coding you so much.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

transmet wrote:
Rekka Alexiel wrote:has Namco dropped the BK series?
According to IGN "Namco's fully unveiled one of the big Tokyo Game Show titles in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine - Baten Kaitos 2, which will take place 20 years prior (yes, prior) to the beginning of the original title."

And Gamespot's trailer for BKII has Namco listed in the credits.
Oh weird. Wonder why I couldn't find their name on anything... odd.