Baten Kaitos 2, Xenosaga III and other RPGs!

Topics on video games and platforms
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

BK2 and other RPGs

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oooh, and apparently BK2 was originally slated for a December release...but was delayed about two months. That's gotta hurt sales a bit... but I'm still excited, even though the main character looks like a complete DORK compared to Kalas in the last one. And I read that there's going to be a BK for the DS sometime. I think that's still in development, though, since not much info can be found about it yet. Still, I'm excited!!!! BK is by far one of the most -beautiful- games I've ever played. I hope BK2 will live up to BK's standards...

Anyone hear of any other new RPGs in the making? Looking forward to Xenosaga III... anyone know of a release date for that, or maybe it's too early for a date yet. I sorta hope for a new SH game...but the way SH: from the new world turned out....I dread another one. I hated the last one with a passion...and I still haven't finished it. -sigh- I'm really dreading it. Even the huge plot twist didn't phase me, I didn't care. lol And that's sad when you can't care about the characters. They killed off the only chara I ever cared about........ -sigh-

Oh, but the new Devil Summoner game looks pretty good. Is it an action/RPG, anyone know? I've just seen a couple movies from it and that's what it appeared to be, not sure though. I'm still trying to get through Digital Devil Saga 2. It's really good, but man, the Japanese version is really kinda tough with the language. I'm still getting the gist of it though. The english version of DDS isn't too bad, I had to buy it too, but the way they translated some of the chara's dialogue, I feel, really betrays the character's personality. And it's not just because of translation. Grrr, I'd like to know if there will ever be a time I can really appreciate an English translation and not feel so...negative towards them. I haven't played one game or seen one anime in English that I could accept as being exceptional or on par with the original. Am I just too critical or what...??? :roll:

Oh, and I heard DQVIII is good. Should I pick it up? I think kittens would say YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! lol
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

I'm waiting for the Y's on the PSP. As for the PS2... been playing Shining Force Neo. Not like a normal RPG, more like Diablo 2 for the PS2. Pretty good so far, although the voices get annoying after the 1,000,000th time. >.<

Personally I'm waiting for Disgaea 2. *drool*
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Like what then?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

There's going to be a Ys for the PSP? Which one is this? Is it a remake or a new one? I know the new one (Ys The Oath in Felghana) is really a remake of Ys III. Kinda sad, but it still looks good. If only I had a decent enough computer to play it. I haven't heard whether or not it'll come to the PS2, but if it does, I'll get it in a heartbeat. I loved Ys VI, and I'm not much of an action/RPG player. ^^;;

And Shining Force Neo... it's more like Diablo you say? Strange that they'd deviate from their strategy setup after so long. I used to be a SF fan, too... but Neo just looked....ewwww. Heh, I'm so shallow that way. If it looks like crap, the game would have to be DAMN good for me to like it. Like the new Wild Arms games... they're uglier than all get-out, and I'm really only playing Alter Code: F because I absolutely adored the first WA... But if it weren't for the nostalgic value, I wouldn't even consider it. ^^;;; Oh well. We've got the purdy BK2 coming soon.... hehheh Ooooh, I hope Sakuraba Motoi will score the music again. -loves him-
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Once more? My favorite kind of Music is techno, but I also like Opera.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Wow! The AI sings Opera now!?
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Bleh, just checked... the Y's that's coming out for the PSP is the same one that was out on the PC. >.< Y's The Ark of Napishtim. At least that's what they are saying... so it is a bit different than the PS2 version, but I have no idea since I haven't personally played it yet.

Yeah it is a weird thing that Sega went completely away from what made the SF series... but like I said, it is entertaining at least. Sega did kill its fanbase by changing the gameplay, and hopefully this is just a minor change in the series... I'm actually tempted to buy the Wild Arms 4 that's coming out soon... just because I'm desperate for another RPG. I'm avoiding DQ right now because I know once I start, I'll never play WoW or any other game again. >.<

I also have Shining Force, Magna Carta and Stella Deus looking at me waiting to be played... Then there's the .hack series that I haven't gotten accomplished. @_@ Then the last two Nippon Ichi games which I sorta put on hold since they really aren't like Disgaea.

Guess I'm also waiting for Kingdom Hearts 2 to come out... darn thing has me in a choke hold and almost tempted to buy the Japanese one because I'm being impatient. >.<

Still need to find a copy of BK 1. >.>
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I can't guess. Tell me.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Oh, think I just wet myself... they're bringing the Valkyrie game to the PSP... This little $250 toy I got is bringing me happiness, since I missed out on the PS version long ago. Something about a prequel or sequel as well... need to dig more info up on them.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Valkyrie Profile!? It was a great game and excellent music (Sakuraba Motoi no less), although a bit hard for me, for whatever reason. When I start dying like mad, it makes me angry and I have to stop playing for a while... heh I'm that way with Digital Devil Saga 2 right now. Finally got past that damn bat in the final maze....hated that guy in the first game... but now I just need to do some serious leveling and gaining more money to buy new techniques. -sigh- It's just a pain to have to spend all that time while going NO WHERE in terms of story. I mostly play games because of the story and characters... so that's really hard for me. heh
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

OMG, has anyone checked the new updates on Xenosaga III? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! IT'S ABEL!!!!!!!!!!!! -dies-
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I bought a new Japanese GC two days ago. Baten Kaitos 2 came out yesterday, which I bought along with a new memory card. I went home, plugged everything in and went to play the game and realized that there were no cords connecting the GC to the TV.... Apparently the Japanese think it's sneaky to make you buy the freaking cords seperately from the actual GC box set. But how ROTTEN is that!? At least back home when you buy a new system, everything you need for it is included in the pack. Sure there may only be one controller in the box...but at least they give you all the cords for the damn thing!! So I couldn't play last night! I was so angry. I would have gone back to the store to buy the cords but the store was closed by then. -sigh- I even tried to use the cord from my PS2 and see if it'd work...and it did to some extent; there was just no sound and the video was all black and white. lol But from what I saw of the opening and the first battle.... hmmmmmmmmmmm I'm starting to get a little skeptical about this game. I have a really bad feeling that this one is going to be a horrible attempt at a sequal, compared to the first game.... but we'll see.
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Ouch... that sucks, regarding both the GC and game. New GC w/o cables??? Insane! I guess in the land of the rising console, everybody has 2 of each so don't need cables. =P Did you check to see if the box shows that it was supposed to come with the video cables? Maybe Nintendo messed up and forgot to put some in.

I'll go check for Xenosaga III... I still haven't beaten I yet, let alone played much PS2 lately. Have many happy RPGs waiting for me, and I haven't played much of them yet. Star Wars: Empire at War is my new bane... I'm such a sucker for RTS and Star Wars. =)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

No, the stupid box didn't list the RCA cables as part of the set...which I didn't notice until it was too late. lol
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Damn, that sucks. Wonder what the Japanese do then... Guess they have some sort of adapter epidemic over there. I should buy a ton over here and sell them on YJ for cheap. =P

As for new games. Found MS Saga: A New Dawn this weekend... and it has my soul attached to it. Been playing it non-stop since I popped it in (well almost non-stop, put it on hold for a MC run on Sunday lol). It has mechs, mechs, weapons, and oh yeah MECHS!!! Although they are the SD variety, it is so much fun modifying them. Mixing Dom legs with a Zaku II is always a riot.

Also picked up Tales of Legendia, which I played a few minutes of. Just can't seem to get myself into another Tales RPG right now, so put it on hold.