Baten Kaitos 2, Xenosaga III and other RPGs!

Topics on video games and platforms
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

Hello,
well I had the same problem when buying my Gamecube in Japan. I knew there was no cable and baught the S cable to get a better signal ($35). I had to find a second-hand Gamecube because the newer versions no longer have the digital exit. I came back home to find out I needed the regular cable as well, otherwise there is no sound!!
Anyway, I am playing Baten Kaitos 2 - 20 hours already but I am progressing very slowly due to my poor japanese. If you understand why the heroe shouts everytime you beat a boss or so and then gets transported somewhere else... I feel like watching Code Quantum!
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yeah, the duel lives thing is interesting. I don't exactly know what's going on with that (you're not supposed to know yet!!) but I love the dude with my Teppei's voice (Tista, the guy with the long blondish hair and red headband)!! lol I'm currious who this Mano guy is, though.

And...do you remember the girl's name from the first game that was the main evil person? Wasn't she called Miri...? Mirodia...Miriarude... Just very strange coincidences with the names. Maybe it's just me. I'm just waiting for Karuburen (Calbren) to show up......

I like Giro; there's just enough mystery surrounding that chara that has me hooked. And the duel voices are neat. The female part of his voice sounds similar to that of someone in Bleach. Oh, and did you about puke when Geldoblame made his first appearance? LOL You know he'll become the next emperer somehow... it'll be interesting to see HOW though. Ahh! And Jakomo... I was SO angry at that first battle with him. I wasn't used to the battle system (how to you like it, btw?) so I died at least 30 times before I beat him. SOOOO ANGRY. lol

And just a side note since I haven't seen it written anywhere so far, but BK2 takes place 20 years before BK1, and Kalas was 18 in BK1..... so this isn't long before the incidences that lead up to his "creation".... Do you remember the guy's name who created him?

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the game. I'm starting to like it the more I play... It just...seems like a cheep side story to the first game and I wasn't expecting that. But oh well. It's still a very pretty game (since half of the graphics were reused from BK1 anyway!! lol)
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

Yeah I first thought the "second life" was a flashback but it keeps coming back and the heroe himself says he doesn't understand what's going on... I think we won't know before a while.
The name of the evil girl from BK1 was Melodia! I don't think it's Miri (Melodia died as a little girl and was braught back to life when her grandfather called Malpercio or something like that so I don't think it could be Miri, but well... it could be after all!).
I like the new battle system, even though it's more simple than it used to be - don't have to think of not using cards with opposite effects. I like the fact that sometimes you'd rather not attack to have more characters ready to try and start a relay combo. So that's the recurring question: attack straight away or wait??
Yep Geldoblame definitely looks awful ;)
I died "only" 5 or 6 times when I first met Giacomo!! I met him a second time yesterday, and I died a few more times. Then I changed deck, just kept the attack cards (with 1, 2 and 3s) and added many potions and bandages (7 or 8 of them) + a few special attack cards and it went fine. The Giacomo battle music is my favourite.
I finally understood how to add more than 2 ingredients in the magnus blender yesterday, I should have read the user's manual sooner lol.
Also, I could reach level 2 of the battle arena. I had been looking for the level-up quest for a couple of hours, and it turns out I just had to be further in the story to have it unlocked...
Are you there yet? Who will finish the game first? ;) ;) I can help playing until midnight every evening haha...
Last edited by Olivier on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

how do I delete this?
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh, I'm sure you'll finish it before me. I don't have much time to play but I'm sitting right around 20 hour mark right now. I just finished the scenes with Bain in Aza- so I have to remember where I'm supposed to go now, talk to Nero I think again, right? Where is he...? lol That's the problem with playing in segments; I can't remember where or what I was doing last. lol
But now I sort of understand what those flashbacks are all about--they're like time warps or something, back when the world was still whole. But I'm starting to think that maybe Sagi or Giro were actually from that time, maybe Giro more than Sagi. If you think Giro is only supposed to be some hallow machine/puppet...and yet he can talk, think, feel, remember... I would have to think he's some sort of seirei inhabbiting the puppet. But have you gone up to the little Mimai whales and seen what Sagi says about them? He feels like he's seen them before.... just a little odd, don't ya think? haha It will be really odd if Sagi will sometime learn to use that sort of magic Tista and the others could use. hahaha
Anyway, more later! =)
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Heeeeelp!!

Post by Olivier »

Hi,

hopefully you are now further than me in the story and can help me as I have been totally blocked for about a week now.
There is this boss that I have to fight, although Sagi says he doesn't want to kill him. So basically I always lose the fight even though my characters don't die. There must be a trick to it but I can't find it. Can you just tell me if it's about giving him a special item, like a potion or something?
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

it's ok I found what to do!

Silly me, the characters tell you what to do before the fight begins, but there was a kanji I did not know and decided it wasn't worth checking what it meant at first... when it was the very key to my problem.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oooh, were you stuck in the game? Actually, I haven't played BK2 in a long while. I got bored! Immagine that! But now I'm playing Drag-on Dragoon 2 and LOVING it!! Damn, Square Enix has a way of designing the most gorgeous male characters. lol I'm not much of an action based player, but I'll learn to get into this game and story. It's really good so far.... But has anyone played the first one? I kinda skipped it... I heard the music from it and about vomitted. heh So I assume the first one has nothing to do with the 2nd one......? Anyone know?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

And. Why now? Do you play professionally or just for fun?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Professionally, yes.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

ahah, what a funny little bot we have on this forum!

Such a shame that you got bored with BK2. Although it's obviously not as good as I had hoped, the story keeps getting better and better. But why are there only 3 playable characters? I'll tell you how it ends if you're interested, that is if I finish it! I am stuck in the game again, but I'll find...
I decided to buy a PS2 and FFXII, but only after I finished BK2, so that's a good way of motivating myself. I've played 65 hours so far, and probably spent 20% of those running around hysterically for nothing.
I'd say Square Enix is good at designing gorgeous female characters, too ;)
Never heard of Drag-on Dragoon 2 sorry.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

still dunno how to erase a message after doing a double post... if someone can help...
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How did you decide?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

Cloud wrote:How did you decide?
A process in my head. Probably involving tons of complex molecules that were strongly agitated when I saw the opening movie of FFXII in the stores. Why are you asking?
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

I hate you... I really really hate you... playing FF XII while I suffer on Kingdom Hearts 2.

>_> I must get it... but need to save for... well... dunno... AC DVD.

*whispers* So how is it? Is the gameplay smooth and happiness on a DVD?
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.