Baten Kaitos 2, Xenosaga III and other RPGs!

Topics on video games and platforms
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I've been contemplating getting FFXII. It would be the first FF game that I've played since FFVIII.

Drag-on Dragoon is really good...and I've already answered my question about the first game. They are related. The first game takes place 18 years before the 2nd one...and from what I'm learning in the 2nd game, the events of game 1 are somewhat vital to know. So, play them in order if you can... I may have to find the first one somewhere to play after I finish 2. I've never enjoyed a action/shooter/RPG as much as this one before. Of course, it does help to have a dang gorgeous main character to drool over... plus, the story's great, too. hahaha

And I don't think you can delete posts, can you? Only edit.

EDIT: Oh and... why oh why... The American release of Drag-on Dragoon is called "Drakengard". X| HUGE PET PEEVE of mine, changing the names of things...... So that's pry why you didn't know about it. And here's a link for you: http://drakengard2game.us.ubi.com
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

OOOOH, so that's the game. >_> Was wracking my brain because the game sounded so familiar. I had to beta test the first one, and it was so buggy that I just threw the disc away somewhere, wrote up my report and sent it in. Think my report consisted of, "You know, to beta test something it has to get out of alpha testing." somewhere in it.
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Ouch!! What was wrong with it? Maybe you could fill me in on the story of the first game? heehee because you know I'm only concerned with the story of games, not necessarily the game play. lol It's funny to read reviews for this game and see how many people who just call it a button mashing game. heehee Am I the only one who's somewhat THANKFUL FOR THAT!? lol Action based games are not my forte. heh
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Well the beta test I was given had me test the air to ground battles... while the air one was ok (you have the invisible box) the ground one crashed the PS2 when you would try to do a certain combo. Can't remember for the life of me which it was right now, but think to recall if I hit one enemy twice then hit a second once, then came back it locked it up.

Like I said it was a beta copy that I was supposed to test and debug, but for the love of testing... that should have been picked up earlier (I'm used to testing more long term gaming issues rather than simple early issues) in my mind.

Not too sure about the gameplay or story since I never bothered buying the game after I sent in my report, probably because I bashed their testing. lol

*learned to not bash the programmers since they have fragile minds (should know, he is one)*

The gameplay was interesting concept though. Sorry I couldn't offer anything storywise since it wasn't in the test.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

Just learnt that a new Valkyrie Profile will be released on PS2 very soon:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/vp/vp2/

It looks fantastic...

So many RPGs to play to...
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

I finished BK2 yesterday.
No big surprise in the story. This game was a disappointment until the last minute 8O
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

That's sad to hear, although I knew it was a given.... Damn sequels!!!
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

But as depressing as BK2 turned out to be (I still haven:t played it in forever), I'm really, really enjoying DD2, like a lot. Love the characters in it, love the music, love the story, and I actually like the gameplay. I'm not very gifted at action based games...so it's kinda tricky for me, but maybe I'm getting the hang of it. Then again, I am playing on Easy mode...heh But seriously, if anyone is in the mood to play a new game, get this one... or I should say, you should get the first game since the 2nd is heavily based on events that happened in game 1... And what's great about this series is... it's not all happy and cheerful. It's dark and sad and somewhat bloody. I love it. heh So...I'm slowly becoming another fan of a few Square Enix games... heh Been a long time!!
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Nooooo~ *Vader*

I must not get tempted into buying another game... 2 games at that... must resist. Have piles of RPGs waiting for me to play or finish... and that blasted AQ20 boss. *shakes his fist in the air*
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

haha!! My track record with games has been really bad lately... I played all through the first Digital Devil Saga... and I'm at the very end of the 2nd one but had been spending a lot of time of getting more abilities to protect against certain attacks from mini-but-really-pissy-bosses...so I haven't finished it yet. BK2 you know about... totally lost interest in that one. And a side note on BK2...maybe you should know better when the first game had such a gorgeous opening sequence and the 2nd one looked like it could have been designed for the SNES. ^^;;; Oh, and I also have the Bleach RPG which I've played maybe 10-20 minutes of. heh What else? Oooh, Chaos Legion! Finally have the original version with Oshio Manabu's voice!!! -dies- I haven't played any of it yet (I bought it in the states and got to the last boss).

Anyone looking forward to the final installment of Xenosaga? FINALLY FEI IS BACK!!!! *loves him to pieces* I'm just curious how things go from the way they are now to the way things were in the Xenogears world...
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yeah so, I kinda got bored with playing Persona 3. I don't really feel like going to school and making friends on my days off from work.... lol So I went on a shopping spree the other day and bought Tales of Destiny 2 (not the incorrect US title for Tales of Eternia). And I've got a spoiler...
THEY KILLED STAHN OFF!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't believe it. I'm really disappointed and am THIS close to pitching the game because of it. lol You can't just KILL off one of the best charas in the series that way... The main chara in part 2, Kyle (Stahn & Rutee's son), has a dream of when his father was killed. Apparently, some ANCIENT bad guy (Barbatos) was resurrected and came after the happy family. Barbatos had Kyle & Roni...so neither Stahn or Rutee couldn't do much without risking the kids' lives. Stahn asks what Barbatos wants and he says "All I want... is your life!" and the guy dashes at Stahn with an axe and that's the end of Kyle's dreamstate. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!! But maybe if this dude can be resurrected, Stahn can too, right!?!?!?!
Upset.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yeah that's right. I'm glad you liked it RoboFlonne.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I'm still upset....
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Cheer Up! Love being in Japan! Albedo would want you to be happy!

I wish I was in Japan.... Actually I would be scared to death for not being able to understand anyone.