67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3

HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Mafia Game - Would anyone be interested

Post by HotIce »

Back in college I use to play a game called mafia... it's kinda role-play, mind game... kinda.

in its basicness.... there's towns folk, and mafia folk - and towns people want the mafia gone, and the mafia want the towns people gone... but it's a game of figuring out who is who... I always loved playing. :)

Here's a URL that can explain the game/rules better than I can...
http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Newbie_Guide

Would anyone be intrested in playing/taking part in the game?

I figured before I go and set it up, I'd see if there was any intrest in it....
Blackmegabyte
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blackmegabyte »

Yeah! Awesome idea, ive played basic versions of MAFIA before--- might be tricky but if we have enough ppl im up for sure.
Keep on keepin' on Dilandau.

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Next question?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

we can do some basic games with around 10 people or so... i'm hoping to get enough people to do a trial for this to see how it goes.

I really love this game, and I think it's a lot of fun and beta people would really enjoy it, just hoping to get 10-15 people who might like to try it.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Sounds great, but I sense (from reading the Rules/FAQs/Forum threads) that it can get quite involved and I wouldn't want to devote much time to it.

If a dozen Beta members were to join the forum there's no guarantee that we'd all be involved in the same game(s) anyway because of the queueing system. Or am I misundertanding the way it's set up?

Best of luck to anyone who gets involved, have fun!
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

we could host a game here on beta... there's no need for it to be played on their server... or i could host it on the the forum i set up ages ago *wonders if its still around*

and the game doesn't require too much activiity... i've seen people get buy with as little as "I vote: name here"

There's still lil things that would need to be figured out and everything before giving specifics on how to do it... I just want to know that there is intrest enough in it before i go spending lots of time to set up the game or whatever.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Is there ever a need for it?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)