Zelda: Twilight Princess pushed back again!

Topics on video games and platforms
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Zelda: Twilight Princess pushed back again!

Post by Baylor »

NOVEMBER???

:bawl :bawl :bawl

I know that this is for Christmas sales, but I've been waiting for the game for over a year! And Nintendo Power has had a new article about its fabulousness each month for more than half a year. I want the teasing to stop! It's time for me to save Zelda and collect the Triforce again.
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

8O WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Goood freaking grief!!! What happened to March, then June of this year?! UGH... I've been following this game and waiting for it's release for like 2 years or something now. Man Nintendo is going to, if they haven't, lost a lot of people who use to be intrested in this game. Heck, i'm already loosing intrest.

Personally what I think Nintendo should have done is released for May/June so they could get some end of the year sales - then release some specil edition for the christmas season. *sighs* I want my LINK!

*stumbles off to play Ocarina of Time*
kawaii-clamp-fan
Kamisama - God

Post by kawaii-clamp-fan »

It's not definate - Nintendo haven't announced anything :)

It's just one online retailer who has pushed the release date to then - there is still hope!
'I beg of you, Please Save Sakura!' - Tsubasa ^_^

http://fuu.rubberslug.com
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Actually my source came from an interview with an editor of Nintendo Power. It sounds like they were toying around with the idea of a Christmas-time release to boost sales.

But then there's also the rumor that they will come out with a Twilight Princess version for the Revolution when it comes out in November/December. Soooo if that's true, then maybe they will release TP in June and the Revolution version with the Revolution release.

Here's to hoping.
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Goh! I've been waiting for this game forever! I've beaten 4-Swords Adventure three times now b/c I'm waiting for a new Zelda game LOL. It better be as good as Nintendo Power says it is, b/c they've been boasting about it forever and I'm just tired of waiting. XO

Nice to know there are other Zelda fans out there! :D
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

This blows-o-meter:
low|------------*-|high

I have no room to talk about late deadlines but wow, this game was originally announced to come out around Christmas 2004 or so. You would think they would have at least released a sequel to the Wind Waker (amazing cel game).

Ah well, I guess its better than releasing a crappy game. :wink:

GOOO ZELDA!
Marauder
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Marauder »

I can wait if it makes it a better game... but if they're just pushing it back to Christmas to boost sales, I would be annoyed. Hmm, seems like with the Revolution slated to come out in November (at least in Japan), they would be releasing TP earlier than that. :?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

A lot of good RPGs have been pushed back this year and last . . . making it so that nothing really good has come out in a long time. I just think more people will lose interest this way . . . :?
Last edited by klet on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How many good RPGs have been pushed back this year?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Off the top of my head, Cloud? Besides Zelda, three that I was looking forward were pushed back anywhere from a few months to an entire year. :roll:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

On and off.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

My theory is Nintendo is planning to release the new Zelda when Sony releases it PS3. Now the PS3 being obviously postponed to the autumn, I'm not surprised the same thing happens to Zelda.
I read an interview of the director of the next Zelda (NOT shigeru Miyamoto but can't remember his name). This interview was made a year ago and he already said the game development was almost finished. The game is ready but Nintendo needs something big for when the PS3 comes, so that people won't forget about them.