XENOSAGA III out in Japan!!!

Topics on video games and platforms
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I so hope they make more of them and actually finish the story!

T-elos

Outward appearance of age: roughly 18 years old // Female-form android // VA: ???

Development code: TP-XX, nickname: "T-elos".

Boasts of reaction speed, Hilbert effect range, and output power 3 times that of the KOS-MOS battle unit. She is introduced as the pivotal element of Project Zohar, a program which has replaced KOS-MOS.

Although both her hair and skin color appear different, she is a spitting image of KOS-MOS. However, the details of her original design and designer are completely unknown. The person tentatively responsible for her current development is a character by the name of "Rot(e) Mantel", but it is quite suspicious that any information regarding him or his personal history is completely undisclosed.

Though the reason is currently unknown, T-elos frequently wages attacks on KOS-MOS as if holding hostility.

(Update from GameWatch & ITmedia)
The combat-use android that was promoted by Project Zohar as an anti-gnosis-use weapon.

The outward appearance of her chasis is awfully similar Kos-mos, but her personality program is entirely different: brutal and destructive.

Also, unlike expressionless Kos-mos, she seems to bear a constantly ferocious facial expression. T-elos' blue eyes-- the eyes that Kos-mos occasionally changes to-- they seem to be the same, but......

It's an Evil Kos-Mos! That is 3 times more powerful!

Why are all the evil ones 3 times more powerful?
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Isn't this the last game for the series(besides the DS version)? I loved Xenosaga 1(it made me a Kos-Mos fan)but episode 2 kinda confused me. I hope Chaos gets a bigger role in the story this time. I was so mad at what happened to Aldedo but the dog was so cute :) . I wonder what T-elos's role in the story is.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

It probably just didn't get the sales they were hoping for.

T-elos . . . that makes me laugh. She's an evil version of Kos-Mos, so naturally, they have to show more skin. :P

That pic looks more like the Episode 1 style--are they planning on making a return to the more anime-like style?
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

It's still looks pretty much like XenoSaga II to me!

But if you like Anime style, there is the XenoSaga (TV) anime that came out last year.

The character designer also did Escaflowne.

So the Characters in the Anime were drawn like Van and Hitomi!
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

RoboFlonne wrote:But if you like Anime style, there is the XenoSaga (TV) anime that came out last year.

The character designer also did Escaflowne.

So the Characters in the Anime were drawn like Van and Hitomi!
I saw it. It was okay. :? What really dissapointed me was the animation in KOS-MOS's first battle scene--that was one of the coolest scenes in the game, but they just didn't translate it over to the anime very well.

The characters in the series do kind of look like Van and Hitomi--from the movie, that is. I do like his style. Let's just pray that there is never a return of the pointy noses. :P *chuckle* Can you imagine Jr. with a pointy Esca tv series-style nose? :wow: :crackup

I just remember how some of the Xeno fans were complaining about the style switch-over in episode II, and thought it'd be ironic if it switched back and there were more complaints. :D
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Honestly, I don't really see what the point of the Xenosaga anime was. The
first Xenosaga is almost an anime as-is. A lot more time is spent watching
cut scene than doing anything interactive. I actually timed it and there are
scenes that are over a half hour long in places.

RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

It looks like they only gave that little realian a bigger role in the ending, but it lets you catch up on XenoSaga I and the story line with out playing it, and probably only provides background for people playing XenoSaga II.

Personally I liked the Anime better than that dvd that was a hash of XenoSaga I videos.

I agree that I like the animation in XenoSaga I a lot better than XenoSaga II!

I'm not really sure how III looks like though.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

kymaera wrote:I actually timed it and there are
scenes that are over a half hour long in places.
Oh, that's right! You have my game. :D I knew you wouldn't enjoy that aspect of it. So, have you given up on it, or can you stand the extremely long cut scenes? At least you can skip them--particularly useful if a boss fight comes right after an enormous cut scene.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

klet wrote: Oh, that's right! You have my game. :D I knew you wouldn't enjoy that aspect of it. So, have you given up on it, or can you stand the extremely long cut scenes? At least you can skip them--particularly useful if a boss fight comes right after an enormous cut scene.
I like cut scenes because I enjoy games more if they have a good story
behind them. I just wish that the length of the cut scenes were shorter and
more balanced with the actual game play.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I'm on disk 2 right now and I'm really loving all the tie-ins to Xenogears. If you've played the original game, you'll be going nuts in this one. There are many subtilties to it, too...

And it's about damn freaking time we get to see more of Abel!!! WOW! Being a HUGE fan of the original game, I'm very impressed with the background story they're making for him. It makes things so much clearer... And...I'm not sure yet but...
I think the Eldridge just make an appearace. I'm just waiting to see where Deus comes from... He's obviously a Genosis, though...
And as far as T-alos goes, she isn't nearly as big a character as I thought she would be. Of course, I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know if she'll make a come-back or not, but she's mostly apart of the story in the first half of the game.

And I'm excited that Kanan is in the game more. He joins your team at the very beginning of the game along with Miyuki... but he has yet to rejoin, if he does at all. But it was good while it lasted. There's a lot more story to tell about him, too...and I don't know what it is yet.

Could anyone refresh my memory about U-du? I'm beginning to see the tie-ins to Xenogears with that too... the so-called "Wave Existance"
AND DAMN! I recoginized Midorikawa Hikaru's voice INSTANTLY!!! FEI'S SEIYUU!! YAY!!!! I guess Abel is already part of the Wave Existance, eh?
And technically, there are VI episodes to the XENOGEARS saga... (Use this pages as a general reference, I'm sure you could find others, too: http://chaos2.org/ff/xeno/episodes.shtml) But the episode numbers in Xenosaga don't really apply to the timeline in Xenogears, precicely; mostly because Episode I of Xenogears entails the entire Xenosaga story, episodes 1-3. So that means there are still many other episodes yet to be told. What I'm curious about is whether or not down the road they'll choose to CONTINUE the story with Xenogears Episode VI, which comes AFTER the story of Xenogears. ^_~ Follow all that?
Last edited by Rekka Alexiel on Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Only just? Do you think it will take a long time?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yes, it will take a LONG time... It's a long story, nontheless.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Wow, I wish I could understand japanese as well as you can. I'm SO JEalous@!

I haven't played XenoGears, either!!!

I can't wait!

So is the animation more like XENO 1 or 2?
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

The Xenosaga anime is just a brief summary of the game, Episode 1. I don't think it even finished where the game ended. It's been a while since I've seen the anime.

As for Xenogears, there have been people completely for and completely against it, but for me, it remains one of my ultimate favorite games of all time. It was rushed a bit too--it's a huge, long, complicated story--and they had to condense a bunch of the story to meet deadlines. Unfortunate for us, but that's why we've got the Perfect Works art/encyclopedia to fill in the gaps. If you haven't played the game, I'd certainly recommend it; just remember WHEN it was made... 1997. So graphics are hardly on par with today's technology. Still, awesome graphics don't make a great game. It's a mix of everything, visuals, sound & story. That's why we play RPGs. ^_~ Or at least that's the reason I play, anyway.

I've been playing Episode III since it came out...and I forgot about Persona III being released. heh I'll have to go grab that and play a little. I'm giving Xenosaga a short break after this one boss totally whipped me out (taking off more than 50,000 HP... x_x).

And for those of you who HAVE played Xenogears--- HELP ME REMEMBER THIS NAME!!!! Joshua. It SOOO sounds familiar to me... and it's driving me nuts. I think... wasn't that Sigard's nickname? Sigard = Joshua & Citan = Hyuuga...? I SOOOO forget... maybe I need to play the game again!! heehee

But anyway, a couple questions that I want answered soon in Xenosaga III:
I want to know more about Chaos. He obviously knows a TON more than he's letting on. He reminds me a lot of Citan from Xenogears in that fact that he knows more about what's going on than anyone else, and yet he keeps it to himself and merely observes...

I want to know KOS-MOS's true purpose. I get the feeling that there's more to her story, too...and that she may turn out to be more human than any of the other characters. Plus, there have been some interesting moments where Shion sees a girl with long black/brown hair and this image merges back and forth into KOS-MOS's form.

I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ABEL!! Abel is of course the first (that we know about!) life of Fei... There's like a never-ending cycle of reincarnation with several characters, and Fei & Elly are the main stars of that story. Which makes me wonder how Nephilem fits into the whole thing. Of course, Nephilem looks exactly like Elly, with the pendant and all. I'm starting to think that perhaps both of them ARE some sort of god...

AND, another spoiler for Episode III... When you fight Yurief and his powered up Omega (with poor Abel piloting it)... it transforms a second time (because the first battle apparently wasn't hard enough) and this one has two tentacle like whips... with smaller gears at the ends... and if you've played Xenogears, you will EASILY recognize these as Weltall and Vierge, Fei & Elly's original gears!! Insert fan-scream here!!