XENOSAGA III out in Japan!!!

Topics on video games and platforms
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Maybe. I need to beat that stupid boss that had me stopped to find out. I got Persona 3, too, so that was taking me away from Xeno a bit... Just needed a break a little bit. heehee

a bit OT, P3 is SOOOOOO very different from the previous two Persona games, so much... it feels like something entirely different. I don't think they should have made it a Persona game, really. But then again, I haven't played much of it yet, so maybe it'll get better. I just feel really constricted compared to the other games. A bit of a disappointment.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I'm going to my neighborhood EB to see if they have Persona and XenoGears!

Should I look for Persona and Persona 2? OR just get Persona 2 and hope it makes sense without the first game??
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

You shouldn't have any problem finding Xenogears but Persona 1 is a RARE find any more. P1 & 2 are stand alone games but America got ripped off when it comes to P2. There are two HALVES of the game, P2: Innocent Sin and P2: Eternal Punishment. America only got the 2ND HALF of the story. Innocent Sin was never released, which makes NO FREAKING SENSE TO ME, since I've played them both. There are similarites between the two but they are still very necessary to the story. So if you find Eternal Punishment, I'd recommend reading up on the story that happened in Innocent Sin. Just keep in mind, the Persona games are made by the Megami Tensei group...aka Megaten. And they -love- alternative, dark themes. So if you don't like that sort of thing, these games may not be for you. I like them simply for that fact...and because their ideas are fresh and different, unlike the hundred million FF's out there. ^^; ((smell a bit of a bias there? DAMN RIGHT YOU DO!! lol))

Enjoy and good luck with the find!!
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I just Got Persona 2! Gotta go home and play it! It is in great condition! with the bonus disc and no creases on any of the books or anything!

Oh! And I got Kirshwasser Framed!

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Are there any other ones someplace else?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Knowledge is of two kinds: that which comes from the senses and that which is true a priori. Thanks and you are a delightful person too. YES Very smart.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Nice Momo & Kos-mos sketches ^^

I just finished the game... And I've got SPOILERS!! HAHA
and ELLY makes an appearance at the end! *squee* But we don't see exactly what happens to Abel at the end... you just see Chaos's ANIMA and Maria aka Kos-mos' ANIMUS spirits flow into Abel before there's a huge burst of light... and the destruction of space is stopped. Jin's death was hard to watch... and so was Kos-mos' but she didn't exactly die... she went floating off through space, toward a planet with rings around it--- AHHHH! AND YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT'S THE PLANET XENOGEARS IS SET. But.... I can't connect a Kos-mos like character in the Xenogears storyline. The only android in the whole game is Emeralda...and she was constructed by Kim & Elly, not Kevin & Shion. ^^;; Plus, she has green hair...and the last I knew, she doesn't have Maria's memories like Kos-mos does.
Hrm...would sure like to see a NEW Xeno game, not just a prequel. =)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

No but you see!!! Xenogears was first. You should play that first, then you'd see all the connections between the two sagas. It makes everything so much more clearer. But I do suggest the game, nonetheless, whenever you choose to play!!!!

I WANT MORE FEI!!!!
Fei is of course one of the many incarnations of ABEL!!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Are you serious? Interesting. I see very well.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I'm talking to my friends at Eb Games and someone from a neighboring store is going to bring XenoGears over...

I found this picture of swimsuit bonus after you beat the game!

Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I have little interest in the swimsuit "bonuses". Now if it would have something to do with seeing more of Abel & Elly, perhaps.... After all, they are the only reason I've played ANY of these games, in the hopes of seeing them somewhere along the way.
And I'm starting to question their existance... To me now, they appear to each be half of the god spoken of in Xenogears; one male and the other female, each with a single wing, needing the other to fly. It's a great metaphor even if it's been done before. And I think Able is special, not just special in that he's the only one who could have piloted Omega, but because of the sheer fact that he lives for EONS... It's like 10,000 years until the beginning of the Xenogears saga and it begins with Abel's life and death... Then again, Abel could have been reincarnated a milion times up until that time, just like Elly...
But anyway, if you do play Xenogears, be prepared. It will take a little bit of your brain power to keep things straight. I just bought it again and will play it through again sometime in its original form: JAPANESE, BABY!!! lol Yay!!!!