Finished Disgaea 2 and Xenosaga at last!! Final Fantasy XII

Topics on video games and platforms
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Finished Disgaea 2 and Xenosaga at last!! Final Fantasy XII

Post by RoboFlonne »

FINISHED DISGAEA 2 and XENOSAGA at last!! FINAL FANTASY XII is coming out on Halloween!

I'll still be playing Disgaea 2 for a long time. I have to beat Prinny Baal, but getting back into Final Fantasy which is based on the World of FF TACTICS is going to be fun!

I've played the demo's and it's really alot like the Tales games in that your party is controlled by the AI and you control one at a time!

I think it's great! You get all the spells from Time, white, black spells... I have to see what the limit break skills are in this game.

It's nice to see all the Weapon Skills I'm used to in FFXI ONLINE game back in a Final Fantasy single player game!

Needless to say i'll be waiting in Gamestop for the UPS man to show up!

I am SO Happy! Disgaea 2 and XenoSaga 3 in less than 2 weeks!

I just can't wait! They are released together! So that means I can play both at the same time!!!
Last edited by RoboFlonne on Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Haven't played Disgaea but Saga 3 won't disappoint. I don't know how horrible the English acting will be this time around....but story wise, it's great. I joined a Xeno dissusion group on mixi (it's a kind of myspace sort of thing, only in Japanese) and there's a topic talking about wanting a remake of the original Xenogears... And although it's an awesome idea, it's something to probably will never happen because SQUARE made it before. Even though most of the people who worked on the game moved over to Monolith Soft, Square still holds the rights. Now, if Saga succeeds up to a certain point, MAYBE Monolith might be interested in buying the rights to Xenogears from Square, if they'd sell. I think that's the only way we'll ever see a new Xeno game. Frankly, I'm surprised how they tied Saga 3 into Xenogears as much as they did. I wouldn't think they could legally do that.

But anyway, enjoy the game! It's great and certainly the best Saga game out of the 3 for many, many reasons!!
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

If you're in the US...

Gamestop is giving out Artbooks for pre-orders!!

Now I found the following statement from NAMCO!
Namco Bandai: We do have an art book planned which includes new art from Xenosaga EPISODE III, as well as a life-size poster of T-elos. You check out U.S. retailers for preorder incentives.
I WANT the Life-Size Poster of TELOS!

Where can I find that POSTER!!! Don't tell me those Gamestop idiots aren't distributing them and they're just stuck in a warehouse somewhere!!!
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

lol T-alos isn't all that, really. You'll know what I mean once you play the game. They make it seem like she's some super-special, important character. Just don't get your hopes up too high. She has her 15 seconds in the spotlight then fades into the BG for most of the game. ^^;; But her character design is pretty cool. Perfect voice for her in the Japanese game, too, as with all the characters, really. ^^;;

AND AHHH! Midorikawa Hikaru! Haven't heard his voice in FOREVER! And if you hear his voice in a Xeno game... you know WHO he is.... Midorikawa played Fei in the original Xenogears game. ^_~ So there is a much desired Saga-Gears connection. I WANT MORE FEI!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Square to the fiery depths of HELL!!!!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

He is ^^;; Helped a little bit but then he or she, I think.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Looks like the Life Size Poster of T-elos comes with Game Crazy!!

Now I have to order 2 copies!!

Looks like my original post disappeared, so I'll post the info again, along with more details about which retailers they are for:

Artbook - gift with purchase - GameStop.

T-elos poster (life size) - gift with purchase - GameCrazy.

Lenticular - limited edition packaging - Best Buy.

Now the hardest part will be choosing...
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

haha There's always ebay. ^_~

And what's this GameCrazy? Is it a new chain or something? No more GameStop?
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I think GameStop bought Ebgames, but didn't change the names. So now you'll go to Ebgames and they'll have the same lame flat signage that Gamestop has.

They used to get all the cool Standees and free gifts that I always look for!!

Ahh!

GameCrazy is that Gameplace that is usually attached to a HollywoodVideo.

But GameStop isn't that bad... They always give me a free Newtype magazine when I go there.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Ah hah.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Cloud's on crack again!!!!

Hrmm, our Hollywood Video isn't nearly as good as it used to be. And we HATED Blockbuster, so we'd always go to Hollywood instead. But they both pretty much suck now... lol

But anyway, EB has really gone downhill, too. I used to love Electronics Boutique. Used to go there all the time, the dudes knew both my brother and I pretty well. It's kinda sad when all the good places fade away and turn into piece of crap joints that aren't worth 1/10 of what they used to be. Bahh, that's the times. Economy bites.

Oh and for your Xeno buzz, a couple characters to watch out for: Kanan. Okay, fine, so he's ONE character, but still... He's awesome. Love him to pieces. Enjoy the scenes that he's in. ^_~ I believe he was put into the game for his pure bishieness. lol And...his odd behaviour in Episode 2 had me thinking.... resembled Fei a little bit, "lost time" etc... But baahhh.

Good luck with the wait!!! Waiting for a much anticipated game is always a small piece of hell.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Did you get Colored Contacts!!! They're beautiful!

I'm going to be waiting in Ebgames on the 29th waiting for the UPS man to show up!!!

Actually Ebgames is now a Gamestop Clone.

All the signage are the same.

The only difference is the name. It's really sad.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

That's what I thought the last time I was in EB, really quite sad.

And sorry but no... My hair currently isn't red and I don't have GREEEN eyes like that either. Just took a hint from Lynxa and her photomanipulations. ^^; It's really making me wish I had red hair again. I've had it that red before but my mom hated it and she went out of her way to make sure I knew that. But hell, I'm in freaking Japan, what's she going to care what I look like, eh? lol
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Just 20 hours 2 minutes 48 seconds... 47 46 45 44 43....

I don't know which to play first!!!

I know! I'll play both at the same time!!!

Disgaea and XenoSaga!!!

I have to go celebrate!!!

:jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How do you know it?
-I, Robot (Asimov)