Finished Disgaea 2 and Xenosaga at last!! Final Fantasy XII

Topics on video games and platforms
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Oh... The story line is great!

and for most of the fights, I don't even have to do anything! The Customizable game AI is so powerful, that I can just sit and watch! It's really really Good!
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

klet wrote: If you tell kymaera that, he won't want to play it. :P
Especially if it has the same horrible VA as Shion and Yuna in it :D

RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I really didn't hear Shion at all!!

Most of the time, I keep hearing a guy who sounds alot like that guy from Home Improvement!

Is Vaan's voice, the brown haired son of home improvement>? Because it sounds just like him!
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

RoboFlonne wrote: Is Vaan's voice, the brown haired son of home improvement>? Because it sounds just like him!
According to game faqs, it's Bobby Edner.

So, no.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting explanation. Oh really what does him sound like?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

I still need to finish up Xenosaga I so I can return it to klet. I haven't been
in much of a gaming mood lately. I thought about picking up FFXII since
CC had it on sale, but then I thought "Would I play this before it gets down
to an even lower price?"
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

I guess I'm the only one who hasn't enjoyed anything put out by Square after Final Fantasy X and the first Kingdom Hearts. I had high hopes for FFXII but I was let down.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Let down!!!

It plays like an Online Multiplayer RPG. But you don't have to take 15 minutes just to form a party!

The world is huge and you are free to do anything!

I like the quickenings... and the boss fights are pretty challenging, but aren't unbeatable!

Which parts didn't you like!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Huh. I believe that stealing is wrong.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

RoboFlonne wrote:Let down!!!

It plays like an Online Multiplayer RPG. But you don't have to take 15 minutes just to form a party!

The world is huge and you are free to do anything!

I like the quickenings... and the boss fights are pretty challenging, but aren't unbeatable!

Which parts didn't you like!
I felt that the gameplay (battle system especially) was full of inconveniences and just not fun, who cares about realism? It's a videogame, save that for the real world, games are suppose to be fun.

The character designs were almost as bland as the original FF back on the NES.

I didn't care for the story, or the whole atmosphere of the game.

It's also made by the people who made Tactics and XI, my two least favorites in the series.

I DID like the graphics, I did like how big the game was, I did like the espers, and I did like how interactive the environments were (i.e. some monsters were natural enemies and fought and you had to do special events to draw out bosses, etc.).

Overall, the game was just "Eh." to me. Nothing personal, just my opinion.

RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

The battle system is only as good as you set them up.

With the Attack,Cures, Status effect Removal, Dispel, Charge MP, Syphon MP, and Nuke elemental weakness.

With those setup. You don't even have to touch your characters, except to use Quickening Special Attacks, Buffs, and Equipment changes.

Did you get all the gambits you could? Without those gambits I would understand how the battle system would be hard.

But with those gambits on, this is probably the easiest battle system ever.

As for the Characters, I guess it's like the First Final Fantasy, but if you get all the license points everyone is like a redmage!

Ashe = Red Mage
Penelope = White Mage/Blackmage
Vann = Warrior
Franne = Archer/crossbow
Balthier = Thief
Basche = I guess another Warrior/Monk... But monk weapons weren't in this game
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

I tried and tried to enjoy it, but just couldn't. You bring up a good point about the battle system, with the gambits, you don't even need to control the other characters, so why put them in the game? I see them as pointless. I WANT to control my characters, that's why I play a game instead of watching a movie, atleast with a movie, you don't have to keep pressing buttons to continue on with the story. And I wasn't talking about character abilites/classes, I was talking about their back stories and character designs, possibly the worst cast of characters in a FF game yet rivaled only by the NES FFs and Tactics, and any other FF game where you have to create your own character. As I've said before I gave it a fair chance, I hated it, and that's just my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, Square-Enix is no longer a quality developer.

RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

You bring up a good point about the battle system, with the gambits, you don't even need to control the other characters, so why put them in the game?-Kaije-

It makes the game feel like an Online Multiplayer RPG! Actually I can see them making this into an online version, where every one can control up to 6 characters!!

And I wasn't talking about character abilites/classes, I was talking about their back stories and character designs, possibly the worst cast of characters in a FF game yet rivaled only by the NES FFs and Tactics,-Kaije-

I think it pretty much is a FF Tactics Storyline... I haven't finished it yet. I'll let you know!