Rurouni Kenshin Enjou Kyoto Rinne (PS2)

Topics on video games and platforms
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Rurouni Kenshin Enjou Kyoto Rinne (PS2)

Post by kizu »

Yay! I just bought this game from YJ! I've been waiting for it to come out for such a long time ever since j-rurouni mentioned it a long time ago. *I can't remember it anymore either, it's been -that- long*

Here's a pic of the game and the special article, which I think is a keychain or something! I can't wait to play it. I'll play Saitou, then Kenshin, then Sano! *wonders if Aoshi and Shishio is unlockable*

On another note for those who didn't know the website here it is
http://www.banpresto-game.com/rurouni/

If the website is running slow, I did post the video on youtube but I don't know the policy of linking to my youtube account. ^__^***
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I have only US version of SP2..... So I do not think I can play /sob

It looks great :D :D
Cats rule!
kizu

Post by kizu »

kittens wrote:I have only US version of SP2..... So I do not think I can play /sob

Hmmm yeah you can't unfortunately. *kicks sony* I don't understand why there's region coding even for games you know...

The cover art of the game kind of messes me somewhat, they don't look right but the movies found in the official website shows pretty decent art. Oh what am I saying? I'm just glad it's out. :D
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

kizu wrote: The cover art of the game kind of messes me somewhat, they don't look right but the movies found in the official website shows pretty decent art. Oh what am I saying? I'm just glad it's out. :D
That is cool :) You should post some screen shots for us :D
Cats rule!
kizu

Post by kizu »

Will do! Might be a while since it's coming from Japan. 8)

I did post the long movie for it on youtube. Although most probably you have seen it. Here it is anyway for those who haven't.
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

kizu wrote:Will do! Might be a while since it's coming from Japan. 8)

I did post the long movie for it on youtube. Although most probably you have seen it. Here it is anyway for those who haven't.
It looks pretty good :D :D I wanna play :(
Cats rule!
kizu

Post by kizu »

Hmmm well come to Chicago. LOL! :D

Also another game that came out last year, I do not know if people know already but on the gameboy there is Shounen Jump Superstars which had over 500 character (if i remember right). I do believe Kenshin was one of the playable characters too. And gameboy I don't think has region protection. /gg
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

kizu wrote: Also another game that came out last year, I do not know if people know already but on the gameboy there is Shounen Jump Superstars which had over 500 character (if i remember right). I do believe Kenshin was one of the playable characters too. And gameboy I don't think has region protection. /gg
This is pretty cool :D :D I wanna play Kenshin :wave:
Cats rule!
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

kittens wrote:I have only US version of SP2..... So I do not think I can play /sob

Kittens, if you really want to play, you can modify your PS2 to play imports: http://www.ultimateconsoleguides.com/FlipTop.htm

That game looks incredible 8O I wanna play as Sano :love:
kizu

Post by kizu »

For Aoshi fans...

There has been rumors around that aside from Kenshin, Sano and Saitou as playable characters... That Aoshi might be as well. If this menu is true then it's probably my first confirmation about it. The image is taken from someone selling cheat codes for the game. Of course I still don't have the game in my hands so until I see it with my neekid eyes

kizu

Post by kizu »

I finally got it! I actually got it last week but I've been distracted. I am sorry to my friends here in the forums that may or may not miss me ;) I did miss you guys and gals. Anyway I posted the ps2 manual in the archive section. Linky...I've only played a little bit but I can confirm that Aoshi at the start is not available from play but the manual shows he is so he either come in later or is an unlockable character. The game allows you to choose kenshin, saito or sano's storyline. I do not know whether it merges later on. I've only had like 15 minutes of game play in.

Controls? It's better than the ps1 fighting game although there is still a bit of button mashing. Kenshin and Sano are relatively easy to control, the hardest I've played is Saitou so far. His gatotsu is -hard- to execute accurately. He seems more "rounded" though such that he uses virtually all movements (kendo and juijitsu) and they seem fluid. I definitely think that Kenshin was given the best sword technique (not surprising) and Sano well strength but he seems slower.

So far I liked it. It's like reliving the Kyoto arc all over again except this time more interactive. The voice acting is pretty good although a bit "low". I particularly found Sano's and Saitou's voice acting better than Kenshin only because Kenshin's lips keep on moving out of sync with his voice actor. boo. But other than that it looks awesome. I wish I had time to play it more.

So far I've played
Kenshin vs Jin'e
Saitou vs Kenshin
Sano vs Kenshin
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
kizu

Post by kizu »

Here's some videos... Enjoy
linky
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com