Nov. 19 the newest Nintendo is released!

Topics on video games and platforms
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

HotIce wrote: Dragon Quest Swords
Did I hear DQ :D :D Is it the DQ??? /eyes: /ok
Cats rule!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Here's an amusing video about the Wii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RrZePmc68

Have you seen the new ad campaign? It actually aired during Heroes lastnight, which is a big deal. Nintendo rarely spends any money on television ads (a mistake, I believe) so to see an ad during that time slot proves something.

http://us.wii.com/viewer_tvcm_usa.jsp?vid=5

That's -exactly- what it's like to play a Wii.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

vI0RrZePmc68[url]

Have you seen the new ad campaign actually aired during Heroes lastnight which is a big deal?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Yes, Cloud, I have. :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

:-)
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

8O
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

Wii! Soooooo much fun. must... play.... zelda.

hey toni do you have yours wireless yet? ^_^
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I lost my train of thought.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

I think you left it over there Cloud. *points to another thread* :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Me? Thanks for the information: HotIce said I left it over there me.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

HotIce wrote:Wii! Soooooo much fun. must... play.... zelda.

hey toni do you have yours wireless yet? ^_^
Definitely! We need to exchange codes so we can trade Miis. We made a bunch of celebrity Miis that I think you'll get a huge kick out of (Curt Cobin, Jesus and Michael Jackson, just to name a few...). I'll try to remember to PM you tonight with the info. :D

Zelda is awwwesome! The graphics don't push the Wii hardware to the max but it's a gorgeous game. The puffy smoke is reminiscent of the smoke from Wind Waker -- different art style, mind you, but the smoke is extremely similar.

I thought the control would be an afterthought, since it was originally a Gamecube game. But it's not! I was shocked. Very natural and FUN! You get to literally hack and slash your way through the game. Subtle movement works fine, so there's no need to tire yourself out by violently swinging your arms about.

It was a smart move on the part of Nintendo to push back the Gamecube release, instead of the simultaneous launch. I think most people would've opted for the "classic" control-style and bought the Gamecube version. With the Wii version released first, Zelda sold many systems on its own. Probably more than any of the other launch titles could have.

I read and watched some reviews of Red Steel and heard it was bad. It seems Americans hate it but Japanese love it. So, I'm torn. The most compelling review scared me from it completely. They complained about the aiming, zooming feature. And that your arm will grow tired from constantly pointing it at the screen. Is all this true?! I was looking forward to the game originally, but now I'm scared. :l :O

What virtual console games have you downloaded so far? I haven't done much with that yet, other than establishing my account and purchasing some Wii points. I downloaded Bonk's Adventure but plan to eventually waste many more dollars on the VC feature. :D
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

lol... one of the tennis people reminded me of Jesus, my brother as well. So we've been joking to eathother "Jesus Serves" :P

Bro and I have only made a couple of Miis so far. I made Xiahou Dun from Dynasty Warriors (they need an eye patch) and Abbey from NCIS show (they need a spikey dog collar) :P. Bro made Goku, sort of. And we made a couple of characters to mimic my mom and dad, since they loved playing Bowling so much. :P

Zelda is just awesome, theres no getting around it. The swinging, and the shooting and stuff is really -really- fun... plus its the general fun that Zelda games bring to the table.

Red Steel is... um... alright. I've only tried it a couple of times. The controls for how you move around are similiar to the PS Resident Evil/Vampire Hunter D games... Choose the direction, then push foward. However... the Aiming/turning is *SO* sensitive, that you baiscally need to keep your arm straight at the TV, and you arm does get really tired after a while.

I haven't DL'ed anything yet, as I haven't made my internet/computer/whatever wireless yet. I've gotten really lazy, what can I say. :P
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Yeah, we made our family into Miis too. They're just so cute! I agree tho, they need a few more accessories. More hats would be a good start. Can you imagine scars? :D That would be awesome. But, as it is, it's an interesting dimension to the system. Can't wait to exchange numbers with you! :)

That stinks about Red Steel :( I thought they'd worked out the control kinks in time for launch, but I guess not. How terrible! :O I still can't figure out why Japanese gamers like it..? Maybe because their apartments are so small, they're used to be right in front of the TV screen. Remember those infamous Pokemon seizures? :rollin :wow: :wow: :wow:

I hear great things about Rayman. It's not a traditional platformer, but mini-games! A-la Mario Party, you play tons of games that brilliantly take advantage of the Wii-mote.
Michel Ancel is a freakin' genius. :bow

Oh! Btw, if you want a cover for Wii Sports, we made one. It's very cute. You can buy a case directly from Nintendo for, like, $3 ($1 for the case + $2 shipping). I don't like storing games in paper sleeves, if possible. Plus, the game is SO fun it deserves its own case!

:vict
Last edited by wELCOME cONSUMER on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am not sure if I can quantify the answer.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Cloud wrote:I am not sure if I can quantify the answer.
:topic

Man Toni, Cloud really loves you...he's been stalking you for quite a while on this board! :run
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P