Wii has a truck demo ? Is it worth $300

Topics on video games and platforms
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Now The Eb games and Game Stop stores have the Wii Units. I've played the Truck racing demo and it's basically the NES Glove controller and you move it left and right.

Is it me or does this feel like 15 year old technology?

I remember the glove controller and f1 Pole Racing which isn't that much different from the controller of the Wii and the Truck racing game?

Is Nintendo getting Senile or is there another reason why TWILIGHT PRINCESS is not the demo unit in the stores?
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

The Wii version of Twilight Princess doesn't do too well as far as swordplay using the Wiimote. That's why alot of people want the GC version that comes out on Dec. 12. As far as the technology is concerned, the Wiimote feels much more refined then the Power Glove and seems completely different to me, plus there will be more games and it will be utilized better for current gen games, rather than hooking up an NES to play a limited number of mostly outdated titles. All in all I would say yes, it's worth the money, but get a retro controller and the GC version of Zelda if that's what you're after.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I don't agree about Zelda and the Wii-mote. Zelda was not designed with that control mechanic in mind, however, Nintendo took the time to make it work. Nintendo has sold 600,000 consoles and 454,000 copies of Zelda. That game sold the system, for sure. The idea of mashing the A button to swing a sword is just not realistic. They designed the Wii-mote movements to be subtle, you won't tire yourself out like most of us originally feared before launch time. It also lends a great deal of versatility to the game play.

Nintendo was smart to push back the Gamecube version because, when given the choice, people will not true new things. People complained about the DS when they first saw it too. Dual screens didn't look fun. But it is! Same thing with the Wii. People were originally ticked off by the stupid looking remote and name change (remember the Revolution?) But, like sushi, you'll enjoy it once you try it.

Nintendo is having a hard time with demos and displays. The controller is wireless, which lends itself to theft. I know some of the EB and Gamestops will allow you to play a demo if you give them your photo ID. But when the stores are swamped, they opt not to do this. The Wii just does not lend itself to seamless demo play in stores. That's an unfortunate side effect to the technology. I think eventually you'll see different kinds of demos, but only at larger retailers, perhaps Best Buy? But for now, you're forced to watch that woman talk about the Wii (you know the one I'm talking about...)
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm just saying it doesn't feel as great as it could've been, it's not so much "Pick up and play" like previous Zelda games. And I heard Nintendo re-worked a few things in the GC version, so maybe there will be a signifcant difference? I dunno, I've yet to play that one.

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Thanks for telling me that gossip. I will remember it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

You had better remember it, Cloud.

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What happened to better remember it you.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Kaije wrote:I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm just saying it doesn't feel as great as it could've been, it's not so much "Pick up and play" like previous Zelda games. And I heard Nintendo re-worked a few things in the GC version, so maybe there will be a signifcant difference? I dunno, I've yet to play that one.
Blah blah, whatever. :P
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:
Kaije wrote:I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm just saying it doesn't feel as great as it could've been, it's not so much "Pick up and play" like previous Zelda games. And I heard Nintendo re-worked a few things in the GC version, so maybe there will be a signifcant difference? I dunno, I've yet to play that one.
What a Zelda fangirl! : P

wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Kaije wrote:
wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:
What a Zelda fangirl! : P
Don't make me hurt you. :evil:
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

Bah, this topic is about Wii, as in together-ness, don't ruin it.

wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Kaije wrote:Bah, this topic is about Wii, as in together-ness, don't ruin it.
Har har. :P