PS3 & Nintendo WII Shipment Friday (Dec. 1st) Get'em!

Topics on video games and platforms
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

PS3 & Nintendo WII Shipment Friday (Dec. 1st) Get'em!

Post by Sugarflower »

I just thought I would paste my Rubberslug blog entry here for everyone to read:

Anyone still looking to get these two systems here in the states need to get to your local Gamestop or EB Games first thing tomorrow morning when these stores open (Friday, Dec. 1st).

This is supposed to be hush-hush since managers don't want 50+ people dropping by their stores in the morning who are looking for these systems but I thought I'd help my fellow collectors out a bit.

I know the district my store is in will be receiving their shipments tomorrow so I'm assuming all stores thru the USA will be receiving them as well. It wouldn't hurt to try right?

I was told each store should be getting at least 2 units of the PS3 and 3 units of the Nintendo WII (this is the number of units in each shipping box). It's possible some stores may actually receive more than this though.

So good luck to those of you who are hunting these down. I'm very tempted to snatch up a WII tomorrow but I think I'll hold off until maybe next year for one. ^_~
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Don't really see any games worth the $300 or $600 at the moment though /hmm /hmm /hmm

Eb games and Gamestop don't even have a twilight princess standee or anything.
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

there was a shimpment last week aswell.
sony (and nintendo, i think) is sending weekly shipments to stores across
north america. but as far as i know the store chains are random.
sony is hoping to have a milion units out before year end. :)

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting. That might not be very far off.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

The Wii is $250... and Wii Sports, Zelda, and the Trauma Centre game make it all worth it. Who knows what games really fun games will come out later for the Wii. Wii is definately a different way to play, but it's also a TON of fun.

If I had $600 I might think about a PS3, but since brother got one.. I'm going to wait till the PS3 comes down in price... of course its going to have to come down a -lot- in price... or come out with a really awesome game I cant live without... like the new Dynasty Warriors. Addictions are bad. :P
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Rayman Raving Rabbids is freakin' AWESOME!!!! I love it!

I just traded in some old stuff to get Wario Ware Smooth Moves (preorder) and Rayman. Next up, Metal Slug!

Coupled with the games Hotice mentioned, there's many reasons to get a Wii. :wink: I can't stop playing mine! :D
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I'll have to go see if I can try out Twilight princess at a friend's...

There's this cool new commercial about a special controller for the wii!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA29I0HfyRA

If you haven't seen it... check it out!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

^ :rollin

I remember that ad. How horrible. Do you remember the movie The Wizard? Ugh GOD that was such crap! Basically a movie length commercial for Nintendo. Those beautiful bastards... :crackup The late 80s was a... weird time for us all. :hurt:
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I stopped by my store today to scope anything I want to get because the employee appreciation weekend starts tomorrow and we get 25% off on new items and 35% off on used. Well.... I had a chance to get a Wii for myself tomorrow but my husband is to damn stingy to use the credit card right now. So I'll just have to settle with buying a few games for our older systems that I've been eying.
.....Little does he know that I've already spent oodles this month using the credit card for cel purchases! :evil: Mwahahahaaa! DENY ME A Wii WILL YOU!!!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Sugarflower wrote:
.....Little does he know that I've already spent oodles this month using the credit card for cel purchases! :evil: Mwahahahaaa! DENY ME A Wii WILL YOU!!!
:hitting: You show him, girl! :hello :yourock:
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

RoboFlonne wrote:You can get 25% off a new system!!!

I promise no one has told me that. Ever... I'll have to ask some of my friends there tommorrow!
ACk sorry, new systems excluded. X| The company says they don't make a profit from new systems therefore can not discount them to employees. :l However used systems are eligible for the 35% off discount.
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Galaxy seem like candidates for Wii killer apps. I won't get excited about Brawl until I know Bowser is a confirmed returning character though.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh. What will you do instead?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)