Should i get it?

Topics on video games and platforms
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Should i get it?

Post by hyelakingsfan »

I just recently bought the Street Fighter Anniversary edition on xbox (still havent gotten it yet) and am thinking about getting the Street Fighter Alpha 3 on GBA. Does anyone have it? Is it worth getting it?
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I'm not fond of fighters on portable systems. They can be cute, but it's just not as fun as playing on the console. More buttons and better control equal a better experience. Personally, I'd pass.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

While I agree with WC in general about portable fighters, I have to say the GBA has handled many games particularly well (atleast better than what most might expect) such as Mario Party and Zelda The Minish Cap. I would say try it if it's cheap, if you don't like it, you can always sell it.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Mario Party and Minish Cap are not fighters, dork! And he didn't even ask about thooooose titles, pay attention! :P

GBA and DS are wonderful portable systems with a gigantic library of awesome games. But fighters, in general, do not translate well into the portable realm. The graphics are cute but goofy looking. The main thing about fighters are the special moves and combo systems. These are hinged on the fact that you are in command of the controller. A portable system doubles as a screen and a controller, which leads to problems during game play. Simply put, it's just not as good.

Yes yes, I approach this subject too seriously. But honestly, nothing compares to a 2-D console fighter with a nice six button controller. <- Those were some of my Christmas gifts last year. :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That's what I meant to say.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:Mario Party and Minish Cap are not fighters, dork! And he didn't even ask about thooooose titles, pay attention! :P

GBA and DS are wonderful portable systems with a gigantic library of awesome games. But fighters, in general, do not translate well into the portable realm. The graphics are cute but goofy looking. The main thing about fighters are the special moves and combo systems. These are hinged on the fact that you are in command of the controller. A portable system doubles as a screen and a controller, which leads to problems during game play. Simply put, it's just not as good.

Yes yes, I approach this subject too seriously. But honestly, nothing compares to a 2-D console fighter with a nice six button controller. <- Those were some of my Christmas gifts last year. :D
BAH, I mentioned those two (Mario Party in particular) to show that some ports that seem impossible to make good can turn out much better than expected. And I wouldn't say nothing compares to a 2D fighter, I dare mention Soul Calibur I&2 and Def Jam, but that's off topic. If you can get a game for cheap you should always try it.

wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Shut up! What do you know anyway?! Mario Party Advance was nothing like a real Mario Party game. It was completely different and not as good. Shows what you know! Loser.

Soul Calibur II was great, especially with the addition of Link. But WTF was Namco thinking by not releasing part 3 on the Cube!? Link was the best part of the whole game! Insanity. :x

I have never played this thing you call "Def Jam" but it sounds like crap. :P
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:Shut up! What do you know anyway?! Mario Party Advance was nothing like a real Mario Party game. It was completely different and not as good. Shows what you know! Loser.

Soul Calibur II was great, especially with the addition of Link. But WTF was Namco thinking by not releasing part 3 on the Cube!? Link was the best part of the whole game! Insanity. :x

I have never played this thing you call "Def Jam" but it sounds like crap. :P
BAH. Of course MPA isn't as good as the original Mario Parties(at least not the 3 on N64, 4-7 are a different story). I agree that SC3 was wasted as a PS2 exclusive, the PS2 controls don't fit the game. As for Def Jam, it's sort of a Fighter/Brawler/Beat Em Up hybrid, and it's more fun than Twilight Princess, so NYAH. : P

wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Def Jam sounds kinda cool. I like walk n' thumps.

I'm currently collecting bugs in Twilight Princess. There's side quests galore in this game. Considering how long it took to launch, it should be over stuffed and heavily padded.

Don't PSP games suffer from insane load times? That's what they get for relying so much on 3-D graphics. :roll:
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

RoboFlonne wrote:Get Tekken for PsP!
I dont have PSP lol.

What started out as a question became a thread about what games i should get :crackup

btw, toni....you should know what i want. Check deeper inside my brain :wink:
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

We like to hijack threads, it's fun! :P

Don't get a PSP, they stink. Load times ruin all of the RPGs that might've been fun.

*checks deeeep inside Harry's brain* It's very filthy in here... X|
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

Yes, changing the subject brings immense joy.

wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

It's true. It really does.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Don't get a PSP, they stink. Load times ruin all of the RPGs that might've been fun. -WC-

TALES OF ETERNIA and VALKRIE PROFILE are Awesome!

Just like when I played them on the PS!

On those two games the load times are near non-existant!