Halo 3, Yes or No?

Topics on video games and platforms
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

So who has the game? :D I was in line at midnight yesterday and bought the legendary version!!! The helmet is sick as hell. I played for like an hour yesterday and missed college in the morning and played some in the morning. :) lol I cant wait to come back from work and play some more :P

I also got the elite. Man that thing was heavy. It looks really nice though. Alrighty then guys im off to work :^^:
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

*sniff*

My 360 crapped out a week ago...no infamous Red Ring of Death...But the video port on the back shot craps ;_;!

Now...I'm sitting here waiting for the prepaid box from Microsoft to ship it in for a free repair...You don't know how tempted I am to go out and buy another 360 ;_;!

*dies a little inside every time she reads about someone playing Halo 3*
Image Image
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yes I know how tempted he or she is to go out and buy another 360 ;_;.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

I'll defo be getting it, but it is released tomorrow here in England!

This is awesome to watch too and has certainly wet my appetite for it tomorrow!!

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/last-one-st ... weeps.html
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

i've heard nothing but good things about it. minus the fact that playing for 12 hours straight will almost certainly cause motion sickness. lol. :P
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

Nope, Not yet. I Don't have the 360 console....YET.....

We do have the Wii and the plays station 3, but they are not played that much, so I don't think that we can get another console that will just collect dust after Halo 3 is passed :O
My brother is going nuts and wants it though, so we are going to find a friend that has it :wink:
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

Yep... I'm playing my second copy while I wait for my pre-ordered Legendary version to come in the mail. Waiting? What's waiting? :P

- Karen
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Yeah, its insane. It gets better as the game progresses. The legendary version is crazy though. The helmet is a MUST for halo fans. If it wasnt for this game, i wouldnt have even gotten an xbox 360, let alone an elite. lol OK gotta go play some more :^^:
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Just got off from playing it...and it's awesome as ever!! Well excited to be finally playing it!!
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

I finished it yesterday evening.

WARNING DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED
WHY DID THE MASTER CHIEF HAVE TO DIEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! :l :l :l :l I was in depression mode after i finished the game. Hopefully there was a miracle and he survived...but i doubt it
Ms. Poe

Post by Ms. Poe »

hyelakingsfan wrote:I finished it yesterday evening.

WHY DID THE MASTER CHIEF HAVE TO DIEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! :l :l :l :l I was in depression mode after i finished the game. Hopefully there was a miracle and he survived...but i doubt it
Nope...you're wrong on that one....

DON'T READ THIS IS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENS...
Master Chief doesn't die. There's another cutscene after the credits on LEGENDARY Mode that shows Master Chief still alive. He talks to Cortana, and then crawls into a hyperspace chamber and puts himself to sleep...Telling her to wake him up if there's ever another pressing need...He goes to sleep and they go floating off into space on the remnants of the ship...
Image Image
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Ms. P beat me to it... I was just going to say that you didn't watch long enough. :)

I don't own an XBox 360 and I knew it would be forever before I could see someone play all the way to the end... but I was DYING to see what happened to Master Chief and the rest, so I cheated and watched the end on YouTube. :emb

In case anyone is in the same boat as I am (loved Halo 2 but can't afford a 360 yet), here is a very nice quality clip of the end. Since it is actual video of the end, it is obviously SPOILERTASTIC, so only click the link if you really want to see the end.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JKE77-DGfMs

I'm still really looking forward to seeing the game played from beginning to end. Such a great story.
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Ms. Poe wrote:
hyelakingsfan wrote:I finished it yesterday evening.

Nope...you're wrong on that one....

DON'T READ THIS IS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENS...
Master Chief doesn't die. There's another cutscene after the credits on LEGENDARY Mode that shows Master Chief still alive. He talks to Cortana, and then crawls into a hyperspace chamber and puts himself to sleep...Telling her to wake him up if there's ever another pressing need...He goes to sleep and they go floating off into space on the remnants of the ship...
Really...hes...not....dead...? Man i was thinking about that too, about beating it on legendary and having a different cutscene, since the first halo had a different cutscene in the end. WAHOOOOOO!!!! ok now i can go and beat it on Heroic and after that legendary!!! DId u beat it on legendary or u heard of it?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

No, I am right.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

I haven't really played the other halo games, I have dabbled in online gaming. But I am not a freak about it. I just enjoy the experience. But I did have a go at the new Halo the night we bought it. So very cool it is. I look forward to playing it when I get holidays :)
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"