Who plays world of warcraft?

Topics on video games and platforms
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Who plays world of warcraft?

Post by hyelakingsfan »

I played it on my cousins computer and it looked pretty cool. I was wondering if anyone plays it here and how it is?
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Played the demo, interesting enough its the only blizzard game I never really got into. I played starcraft for like 6-7 years straight and then warcraft a good 5-6.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I have no idea, but it looks very interesting. I have not played an online game since Everquest. I played that one for about 2-3 years. I would love to hear feedback from other people too.
Mat4226
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Mat4226 »

I played WoW on a free-server (same game, no hax, less people, no charge) for ~3weeks and enjoyed it for the most part.

If you like a game that really makes you grind and grind and grind to get somewhere, then WoW is for you. Personally, I prefer games that get the player physically involved (DDR, Guitar Freaks, Pop'n'Music, etc.).

On the bad side of WoW experiences, I've lost two good friends to their severe WoW addiction. Instead of going out, getting some excercise, or seeing new places, they'd rather go on raids and kill boars in the forest for hours on end. It's very saddening to lose someone to something that isn't even real :(

No matter what you do with WoW remember this...When Blizzard Entertainment decides to pull the plug on their servers due to profit loss, it doesn't matter what level your character was, IT'S GONE! Besides, who likes paying monthly installments on intellectual property that isn't even theirs?

</rant>
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

All RPGs I've played have some kind of grind or another. For MMO's, I've only played a few, but so far as I've seen, WoW does a better job of minimizing the grind compared to my first MMO (Dark Ages of Camelot).

I get the urge to renew one or the other fairly often, but $15 a month plus all the expansions I've missed adds up. Not to mention all the time it would eat up... some people can limit their play time, but I find them to be very hard games to limit myself to a set time.

I think it was carry-over burnout from DAoC, but I made tons of WoW characters but never got any over 40 before quitting (never got to use the Mug O' Hurt I got my warrior!), so it would be nice to hear what "endgame" is like, if anyone here has made it that far.
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

I've been playing for almost two years. My main is a level 70 Alliance paladin on Runetotem (US). I don't have much time to play, so it took me months to level from 60 to 70 - I only hit 70 a few weeks ago. Likewise, I haven't done much end-game stuff since the expansion. My current goal is to improve my gear enough to be able to tank level 70 instances and do heroics - right now I'm not even close to that level. By the time I'm geared up, the next expansion will probably be released and everyone will be working toward 80. :D

I also like to play on my low-level alts. I have several other characters, Horde and Alliance, but none of them are higher than level 30-something. I've made some pretty good friends through the game - I still hang out in-game with people I met at level 13 in Westfall, and I'm in a relatively low-drama casual adult guild.

I know some people get totally lost in the game, but I try to keep balance. I did sign up to go to Old Hillsbrad instance tonight, but that will be the first time since Sunday that I've logged in to the game.

The game is a lot of fun - if it wasn't I wouldn't play. It's a great feeling when you beat a tough encounter for the first time, and even though a lot of the quests can get repetitive, there is enough variety and story to hold your attention and keep you moving forward. I remember wandering around a tiny patch of desert in FFVI (III in US) for hours untold trying to find cactaurs to fight so I could level every character's skills to the max available before heading to fight Kefka. Compared to that, killing 8 demons or gathering a half-dozen feathers from low drop rate bird mobs barely touches on my boredom meter.
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

So far I know of 3 marriages that broke up becuase one partner would do nothing but play WoW (one was a girl).

I've lost one really good friend to the WoW addiction and have heard of countless others.

I play FPS (CS:S pwnage) online games myself and consider it the weed of the online addiction world. WoW would be the meth.

Obviously it's a great game, but it can suck you in.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

That's why I don't really play online games. I'm bad enough with single player games, I could play the Total War games forever, if I got into online gaming... man I'd end up as some kind of deformed hermit hunched over a keyboard!
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

If you want, you should marry someone else who plays "WarCrack"...

Because if you want to raid and be the best guild and best on the server, you'll need to play like 12 hours a day.

If both spouses play then you can be like the king and queen of WarCraft!!! :vict :vict

I play Final Fantasy XI, Everquest, Trickster Online, Guild Wars, etc.

I have retired characters on them.

/ok
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

RoboFlonne wrote:If you want, you should marry someone else who plays "WarCrack"...

Because if you want to raid and be the best guild and best on the server, you'll need to play like 12 hours a day.

If both spouses play then you can be like the king and queen of WarCraft!!! :vict :vict

I play Final Fantasy XI, Everquest, Trickster Online, Guild Wars, etc.

I have retired characters on them.

/ok
My bf and I both play.. instead of sitting around watching TV at his house we now log onto WoW. LOL If you are on the kadghar server and are Horde of course, PM me! :D
lcatino

Post by lcatino »

I've never played WoW, but I am a Final Fantasy addict. :)
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Used to be in a great end game build, prior to BC. Then once we almost had Naxx on farm, we saw that BC greens were better than all our gear and we all mini breakdowns that our lives amounted to nothing (well, WoW lives anyway). Never went back after that.
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer