Top 25 PS2 games - yeah right!

Topics on video games and platforms
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Top 25 PS2 games - yeah right!

Post by duotrouble »

So I logged into MSN today to see they had another one of the infamous top 25 lists. And since it was for PS2 games, I had to look. 8O I couldn't disagree more with their list.

For ease, here's the list or link here to see all the pretty pictures and nasty comments. Yes, I commented too. :^^:

25. Contra: Shattered Soldier
24. Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
23. Resident Evil 4
22. Odin Sphere
21. Shadow of the Colossus
20. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
19. Amplitude
18. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
17. Katamari Damacy
16. Twisted Metal Black
15. Tekken 5
14. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
13. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
12. Okami
11. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
10. Final Fantasy XII
9. Gran Turismo 4
8. God of War II
7. Grand Theft Auto III
6. ICO
5. Burnout 3: Takedown
4. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
3. Guitar Hero II
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
1. God of War

Now, I'll agree with some of them but NOT all. I really have to agree with the comments people have been leaving. "Obviously no one actually played the games on this list." :crackup I totally have to agree with that.

My comment? "No Prince of Persia, Jak & Daxter or Kingdom Hearts? Yeah, it's one of the worst top 25 lists I've seen in a while."

I love Ratchet & Clank, ICO, Okami and Sly Cooper. I agree God of War, Odin Sphere and Shadow of the Colossus should be there as well as some Final Fantasy game. But the rest? Whatever! :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
logorzat
Kamisama - God

Post by logorzat »

No Final Fantasy X? That sucks! Many games I have never heard of. I think SSX should have been on that list too. Remember how awesome everyone though the graphics were when it first came out?
Last edited by logorzat on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

I think the GTA games did need to be represented though I agree 1, say San Andreas, would have been sufficient. Other then that I'm a PC gamer through and through so couldn't really say on the others! :^^: Off topic am looking forward to Fallout 3, whilst dreading it at the same time after the fiasco with Bethesda's last release Oblivion. :?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Which others? Fascinating. You are a PC gamer through and through so could not really say on the others? How do you like your work?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Just read that list. Had alot of random stuff on it.
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

The stuff they put on MSN is usually a load of rubbish anyway, it bugs me everytime I log out of hotmail and they have their 'articles' on there. I swear they just pick them at random as they don't know what they're talking about.
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Ronin wrote:The stuff they put on MSN is usually a load of rubbish anyway, it bugs me everytime I log out of hotmail and they have their 'articles' on there. I swear they just pick them at random as they don't know what they're talking about.
Yeah the lists always seem very thrown together.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I have to agree with you, Ronin. That's why I typically don't look at top 25 lists. Unless you're stating them on hard facts like tickets sold, units purchased in 2007 or something like that then it's all just opinion. And we all know how everyone's opinion is always the same. :P :^^:

But sadly, I was drawn in because it was for PS2 games. Yeah, my PS2 gamers union isn't too happy about it either. :wink:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yes, it's rather obvious when you think about it.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

See, even Cloud agrees. Thanks, Cloud! :kiss
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I see. Yes, even that.
-I, Robot (Asimov)