Console Comparison Advice Please

Topics on video games and platforms
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

RoboFlonne wrote:
Startyde wrote:FFXIII Versus is a reason to get the PS3 over anything.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43746.html

It mirrors MGS4 as PS3's killer app.
You're right!!! PS3 gets TWO FFXIII's !!!

That's Not Fair! Image
Now the question is, will either of them be any good...... :?
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

Xelloss wrote:
HotIce wrote: Now price wise, what I would recommend The Wii is the cheapest, then the 360, then the PS3. But each is only cheaper than the other by about $50 retail, so its not "HUGE" difference.

If you want to buy a 360 I would have to say go with the Pro and not the Arcade. The HD is very much needed, and Xbox has made it so the new Arcades are NOT backwards compatible with original xbox games.
Not exactly true. The Arcade Xbox is $50 less than the Wii. Also, throw a hard drive on an Arcade Xbox, and it'll play original xbox games just fine.

- Karen
I said for what I would recommend, which I recommended the PRO not the arcade. Since the Wii is cheaper than the Pro, that's why I ordered things that way. Also I -just- got an Arcade to replace my Pro that died, and even with the HD, it does NOT play original Xbox games, granted I only had 2 original games, but it didn't play either where my Pro version did. Which I didn't expect it to since the box said it wouldn't, but I had to try it anyways. Here's the link to the comparison on Xbox's website:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Baylor wrote:
duotrouble wrote:I was counting you in the online crowd since I only see you now and again.
Well that hurts. On the inside.
Here's some salt for that wound. :nya: :friends:

Have a blast playing your new Wii when you get it, ducky! :jump Again, I find it so awesome how you're getting it. 8) :friends:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

haha now I have to tell everyone!!

I have enough tickets at Dave & Busters for a Wii and Guitar Hero (should they ever get them in stock).

But since I liked so many of the features of the 360 when I got to see it in action, I thought that maybe a Wii wouldn't really do what I want.
I'll probably still get it because I really like some of the things it has (and I have already paid for it after all). But after reading all your thoughts on them, I will probably also get one of the other 2 in the future. I'm just not sure which still. I suppose we'll see what is out for each by the time I'm ready to buy one.

Thank you all again, it's been a very interesting and enlightening read!
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

HotIce wrote:
Xelloss wrote:
HotIce wrote: Now price wise, what I would recommend The Wii is the cheapest, then the 360, then the PS3. But each is only cheaper than the other by about $50 retail, so its not "HUGE" difference.

If you want to buy a 360 I would have to say go with the Pro and not the Arcade. The HD is very much needed, and Xbox has made it so the new Arcades are NOT backwards compatible with original xbox games.
Not exactly true. The Arcade Xbox is $50 less than the Wii. Also, throw a hard drive on an Arcade Xbox, and it'll play original xbox games just fine.

- Karen
I said for what I would recommend, which I recommended the PRO not the arcade. Since the Wii is cheaper than the Pro, that's why I ordered things that way. Also I -just- got an Arcade to replace my Pro that died, and even with the HD, it does NOT play original Xbox games, granted I only had 2 original games, but it didn't play either where my Pro version did. Which I didn't expect it to since the box said it wouldn't, but I had to try it anyways. Here's the link to the comparison on Xbox's website:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm
My parents got a new arcade version in florida, slapped a hard drive on it, and halo 2 played fine. It's the latest xbox verison because it's got a built in memory card. What games gave you problems?
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

Xelloss wrote: My parents got a new arcade version in florida, slapped a hard drive on it, and halo 2 played fine. It's the latest xbox verison because it's got a built in memory card. What games gave you problems?
Halo 1 and Sid Meier's Pirates! - Live the Life. They played on my Pro but not the Arcade I just bought in Sept. I'd be very sad if I got ride of Pirates! and didn't need to... =\
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

HotIce wrote:
Xelloss wrote: My parents got a new arcade version in florida, slapped a hard drive on it, and halo 2 played fine. It's the latest xbox verison because it's got a built in memory card. What games gave you problems?
Halo 1 and Sid Meier's Pirates! - Live the Life. They played on my Pro but not the Arcade I just bought in Sept. I'd be very sad if I got ride of Pirates! and didn't need to... =\
Seriously, it isn't supposed to be that way ^^; If anyone see this, I'd recommend calling 1-800-4my-xbox and talk to support.

- Karen