Wii Accessory suggestions

Topics on video games and platforms
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Wii Accessory suggestions

Post by miz ducky »

For those of you who read the last post I made in my advice thread, my Wii came in.
In other words, Dave and Busters got some more Wii's in and my name came up on the waiting list. I'm going to go "buy" it (with game tickets) tomorrow after work. I'm also on the waiting list for Guitar Hero for the Wii if they ever get any more of those, but who knows if or when that might happen.

So I really haven't done any homework on the console. I barely have time to sleep. That brings me to my question.

What things do I need to go buy for the Wii?
What things do you think are the best optional things to get for the Wii?
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

More controllers X| It's not a party system without at least one more controller,and a charge station for the Wii and remotes (this saves you from dying batteries). These were the two big items when I purchased mine, I haven't really run into anything else that was a must have.

Optional: The gun was my favorite, but I'd only suggest that one if you're planning to purchase any of the shooter games (for me it was Resident evil and Zelda, but I'm sure there are more :) ) It just makes the game more fun, than working with the basic remote.

Good luck in finding what you need, and enjoy your Wii when you get it :D
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

Aside from More controllers (remotes and nunchuks), a classic controller or 2 and the gun that comes with Link's Crossbow Training, you really don't need anything else.

Don't get sucked into buying those gimicky attachments like a tennis raquet or hockey stick.
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

I will agree with the others on getting at least one more remote. I'd avoid the Wii Play, the "games" that come with it should have come with the Wii itself (they just teach you how to use the remotes) and we didn't think they were worth the extra $10.

I have the Nyko charger (batteries and charger) and while it is nice, you have to take the jackets off of the remotes which gets a bit annoying. But so far it isn't that bad. My friend bought some 3000mA rechargeable AA's and likes that option better.

The classic controller is nice if you end up buying the old games off of the Virtual Console.

Edit: Forgot to say congrats on getting a Wii. ^___^ Hope you have fun with it.
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

Wii Santa visited us this Christmas and bought us a bunch of games and accessories. :)

My favorite by far is Wii Fit. We use it all the time. Just got the basic (no carrying case) set up.

The Nerf version of the steering wheel is much better than the standard Wii issue, and needed for race games like Mario Kart (great) and Speed Racer (graphics are nice, but not as fun as Kart).

Dance Dance Revolution and floor pad was folded up and put away almost as fast as it was opened. Not sure why (maybe X-mas Wii accessory overload combined with a lack of interest). :?

Wii Bleach Shattered Blade is good, and one day I will beat my 8 year old (just as soon as I memorize the instruction book). :D

We also have the Nyko charger and I agree it is a pain to take on and put off that protective cover. An additional remote and nunchuck are highly recommended. Enjoy!
Joost

Post by Joost »

I have the 2 guitars, a drum and a mic ;) you can guess the game :p
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Kaona wrote:that protective cover.
Forgot to mention...

We began to call them the
"Wii Condoms".
:P
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

LMAO, Yoshito! That is the perfect description!

From this day forward a grin will cross my face every time I attempt to put one on, or peel one off of the Wii (remote). :)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

So I was talking with a coworker today and he mentioned what a pain in the @$$ it is to manage the itty bitty 512M that comes on the console. He also mentioned that the added storage that you can get out of a SD card is practically useless for gaming.

So if you store a game on the card and delete it off your console you loose all your progress. That is just asinine. I read an article stating that, they would be changing that soon (expected this coming spring).

http://blog.mlive.com/manzero/2008/10/w ... _so_1.html
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/8946-wii- ... l-storage/

What can you tell me about this?
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Thought I read somewhere (in a manual or on an update) that you could already move games over to the SD card and play them. But when I went to Nintendo's useless, I mean helpful, site I couldn't find anything on this (Nintendo Wii update versions site).

Considering the game forums, websites would be all over that update I am going to guess Nintendo has not done it yet.

Guess there is another down side for it only costing $250. X|
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Figured if anybody on here who has a Wii and hasn't figured it out by now. Nintendo has updated the Wii to allow it to play games on the SD card now. Forgot to add this a while ago when they did the update.
Maiko
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Maiko »

Since someone brought up Wii's...

My brother moved to South Korea to teach English, so he left me his Wii. I love Wii Fit and other games. Well, now you can stream movies from your Netflix account to your Wii, so I got the disc from Netflix that is needed to do so. However, I can't complete setup because I can't get the Wii to connect to my wireless network. It keeps saying I need a card for the Wii ( I know there is a SD slot, but I don't know what that has to do with it being able to connect wirelessly ).

Any Wii gurus know anything about this or exactly what it is I need to get to enable a wireless internet connection for the Wii?
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

I've tried to figure out what your Wii is asking for by surfing the internet but haven't come across anything yet.

Nintendo has a great "How to connect your Wii to the Internet" guide that you can follow to connect it to the Internet.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system ... online.jsp

After that, from what I can figure out since the Wii/Netflix system is new, all you have to do is insert your disc and enjoy.

The only other issue that prevents you from watching streaming video on your Wii would be that your wireless connection is too slow, so maybe your Wii is complaining saying you need a wired connection (which requires a Nintendo adapter).

Hope that helps a bit. If not, can post your error here and I'll see what I can do research wise. It has been a while since I connected our Wii to the Internet so have forgotten how hard/easy it was. Gomen.
Koneko Koji
Kamisama - God

Post by Koneko Koji »

Have you configured your Wii to detect your network? (Going into the system bit etc and entering the router & account information in)