Fave videogame character - round #5 - closed

Topics on video games and platforms
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

SELLING

[REMEMBER THE HOURS AND HOURS OF ENJOYMENT HE GAVE YOU....VOTE FOR SQUALL FROM FFVIII

Squall Leonhart is a loner by nature, and believes that people should rely only on themselves. Orphaned at an early age, Squall transferred to the Military Academy of Balamb Garden as a youngster and excelled in combat. Despite being calm and level-headed, Squall can not tolerate fellow student and rival Seifer Almasy, and tends to lose his composure around the arrogant young man. While having all the capabilities needed to lead, Squall tends to reject the role of a leader wherever he can. While many in Garden look upon Squall with admiration and respect, he disregards them, choosing to live his life wholly independently. A slave to his duty, rather than to his heart, Squall never veers from the guidelines, but after a series of events, discoveries and new friendships, Squall may be ready to open up.

HE IS VERSATILE....
Squall appeared in the game series Kingdom Hearts, now a broken and bitter man, he assumed the name of Leon. He is one of the main supporting characters in Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 and a has a large part in the storyline. He says he will continue to go by the name Leon until he is sure the heartless have been defeated and he can start to live is old life again.

He appears in the Kingdom Hearts games older than he was in Final Fantasy VIII (age 26 in KHII) He wears a leather jacket with red wings on the back, similar to Rinoa's. He also still wears his Griever necklace and still has the scar given to him by his rival Seifer.

crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

That's a great idea DT :D
There's actually several characters I know very little about and sad to say Zelda fans but he's one of them (I feel a little like a minority, but then I had a couple of other blond swordmans to moon over already so..) X|

And of course that makes me realize that very few may know Guy's character (either that or he's just not very popular, but I prefer to think the first rather than the latter :wink: )

Selling

Character: Guy Cecil
Series: Tales of the Abyss
Platform: Playstation 2

Player status: Guy's not the main character, but the beautiful thing about Tales of the Abyss (and most other tales games) is you can play as any of the characters in your group, so Guy got a little more usage in my game that he might have otherwise ;)

History: The first time you meet Guy he's introduced as both servant and friend of the games main chacter Luke fon Fabre.
He's portayed as easygoing and gentlemanly, and then in come the maids and you learn something rather comical about this gentleman, he's terrified of women :^^:
Which is only made more hilarious when Luke accuses Guy of being a "Woman Hater", in which Guy states that he loves women. And later in the game when he proclaims that he loves to "look" at women. A complicated phobia indeed /swt
(I won't spoil things by telling you how that phobia developed :P )

He's also the game other swordsman. Luke has power and defense on his side, but guy has speed. And his character is portrayed as extremely loyal to his friends even in the worst of circumstances, which makes for many warm and fuzzy moments :hitting:

and just for fun, Guy's various titles in the game:
Guardian
Friend for Life
Malkuth Nobleman
Best Friend
Sigmund Tactician
Hard Worker
Cool Chef
Blade Master
Aquatic Ape
Naughty Devil
Good Spirits
Hopeless Dreamer
Golden Knight
Abyss Orange
Fontech Scholar
Dashing Gent
I'd love to go further into his character, but then I'll be coming dangerously close to spoilers about the game :P
Zetsuai
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Zetsuai »

duotrouble wrote:ANNOUNCEMENTS!
1. Zetsuai - Welcome to the game! 8) Are you voting or selling Link? I'm assuming you're voting but I'm not sure. Could you please let me know so he gets counted correctly? Thanks! I tend to skip over images when I'm counting votes because I automatically think someone's selling. BUT with big bold letters saying VOTING before the images, I stop and see that and count the votes. I'm weird. I know. :^^:
uh sorry sorry ... yes, it was a big vote for Link ... :vict
because it is voting game I thought it was enough to write just the name ... /swt :D
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Post by Eternal Squall »

Voting:

1. Alucard - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

2. Vivi Ornitier - Final Fantasy IX

3. Samus Aran - Metroid
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Well I would cry myself to sleep tonight that Zack didn't make it, but he's my favorite character, and that's all I really care about. :P

Vincent Valentine - Final Fantasy VII
Squall (Leonhart) - Final Fantasy VIII
Link - Legend of Zelda
Chun-Li - Street Fighter II
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Zetsuai wrote:uh sorry sorry ... yes, it was a big vote for Link ... :vict
because it is voting game I thought it was enough to write just the name ... /swt :D
Thanks! :) Yeah, it was just because there was an image there. Back in the manga thread, oh so long ago, I skipped right past votes that were just images. I'm doing better now but I just wanted to be sure.

Baylor-chan, you know that I believe it only matters what you like for yourself. Poor Zack. RIP. :roll: But if it makes you feel any better, no, my vote would not have helped. Of course, your vote wouldn't have helped Haseo either. :^^: It was just their time.

AND OMG, crackpot27! 8O That was beautiful! Great job selling! You have me intrigued. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Penguinton
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Penguinton »

1. Squall (Leonhart) - Final Fantasy VIII
2. Yuna - Final Fantasy X
3. Crono - Chrono Trigger
4. Guy Cecil - Tales of the Abyss

Thanks! :D
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

1. Dante - Devil May Cry

2. Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy VII

3. Vincent Valentine - Final Fantasy VII

4. Lulu - Final Fantasy X
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Crackpot27: I am really happy that you sold Guy Cecil. I was wondering "who is that guy in her avi and sig?" He's a looker.

DuoTrouble: You know me, I was just trying to help. I posted a quote because it was a little hard to find in the original thread. I knew it was there somewhere, but it took me a while to find it.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

UPDATE TIME!

Link - Legend of Zelda = 8

Squall (Leonhart) - Final Fantasy VIII = 6
Mega Man - Mega Man = 6

Guy Cecil - Tales of the Abyss = 5

Dante - Devil May Cry = 4
Vincent Valentine - Final Fantasy VII = 4
Yuna - Final Fantasy X = 4
Kratos - God of War = 4
Chun-Li - Street Fighter II = 4
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider = 4

Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy VII = 3
Amaterasu - Okami = 3
Jill Valentine - Resident Evil = 3
Mario - Super Mario Brothers = 3

Crono - Chrono Trigger = 2
Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII = 2
Snake - Metal Gear Solid = 2
Samus Aran - Metroid = 2
Pac Man - Pac Man = 2

Alucard - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night = 1
Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII = 1
Vivi Ornitier - Final Fantasy IX = 1
Lulu - Final Fantasy X = 1
Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic the Hedgehog = 1
Ryu - Street Fighter II = 1

At this point, ALL characters with 2 or fewer votes will be out. Just a couple more days to get your votes in and sell sell sell. :)
crackpot27

Post by crackpot27 »

Guy's actually towards the top! :woot: Poor Cloud, I didn't think he'd be hurtin' for votes /hmm

Thanks Ladies :D Sometimes my brain works in such a way that I think just because I love them everyone should know them, even though I should know better :hitting:

Thanks Penguinton! I think you're the only other person who put in a willing vote for Guy /ho
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

Second vote for Crackpot's fave -

Guy Cecil - Tales of the Abyss
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

I vote for...

Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic the Hedgehog
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

My turn to try selling.

Vote for Amaterasu from Okami!

She's a sweet dog god that has lost her powers. Your quest is to help her regain her various abilties so she can defeat the evil that threatening her land.

The gameplay is very unique as you draw images to fight.

It was a little rough for me in the beginning but I got used to it quickly on the PS2. It recently came out for the Wii, which I think would be much easier drawing with.

She patiently awaits your votes. :)
crackpot27

Post by crackpot27 »

Thanks Kaona :yourock: