Favorite Retro Video Game?

Topics on video games and platforms
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

It would have to be, all time favorite Earthworm Jim 1 + 2 for the Mega drive as well the animated series

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sylia
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Sylia »

Sega Megadrive: Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles

Super Nintendo: Street Fighter II, Super Bomberman, Donkey Kong Country, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Killer Instinct

NES: Kid Icarus, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2 (*I agree with whoever said that it was neat you could play Princess Toadstool XD. And she floats, hehe!), Super Mario Bros. 3

puzzle games: Puyo Puyo/(or) Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Sega), Tetris, Lemmings (PC, NES), Devil Dice (PS1)

RPGs: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, FFV, all FF games later if you count VII and onwards as retro...

*Although SOR 2 was always more popular and critically acclaimed, I always liked the first Streets of Rage best ^^. Loved the music and the moody locations... Blaze kicks ass; she and Adam were my fave duo (although come to think, as a kid I think I always played Alex). Original Blaze and Adam were extremely good looking lol and Adam wore the best colour combination- yellow top, black jeans :) . I was miffed when they replaced him x.x

reminiscing...
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

Strictly-Dragonball wrote:I have that Michael Jackson Sega game too, oddly enough it was actually a really fun game. Even though the concept was... MJ moonwalking through levels saving children while grabbing his crotch :?

Keep in mind though that game came out when Michael Jackson had the world at his feet, although looking back now it's strange lol.
It really does seem strange! I remember if you made it to the Thriller level you would get to battle zombies, and if you caught the falling star you turned into the giant robot and could blast them all away!
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

Atari: River Raid, Dolphin, Sky Diver, Stampede

NES: Contra, Bubble Bobble, The Legend of Zelda

SNES: Chrono Trigger, Act Raiser, Mario Kart

SegaGenesis: Mutant League Football (I would so love PS3, Wii or XBox to make this a DL'able game)
LLslickD
Eiketsu - Mastermind
Location: From days ago, from uncharted regions of the universe

Post by LLslickD »

NES: Duck Hunt

SNES: Double Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in time, Final Fight

Genesis: Streets of Rage, King of the Monsters, Shinobi III

N64: 007: GOLDENEYE, Super Smash Bros.

Playstation: Final Fantasy VII, Crash Bandicoot, Road Rage, Metal Gear Solid
"Zaraki Squad, 3rd Seat, Madarame Ikkaku! You don't need to tell me your name, just remember mine. It's the name of the man who's about to kill you!"
-Bleach Ep. 117
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

The Moonwalker game was based on his 1988 film of the same name, there was a girl called Katie in it and that's the girl (s) in the game.

And he could transform into a robot (the same one) in the film so that makes it all a bit less random :)
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

I have only played NES games, so my faves are:

Xenophobe
Bionic Commando
Contra
Rad Racer