PSP-->PSVita

Topics on video games and platforms
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

PSP-->PSVita

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hi there. My the screen on my old PSP is slowly dying, I'd like to switch over to my PSVita. Does PSN give you free downloads of PSP games you've already purchased? I feel stupid to buy the same game twice.

And do you know of any way to transfer your PSP gamesaves over to PSVita...??

I don't know for sure but I don't think either of these two things are possible. Right? :(
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: PSP-->PSVita

Post by zerospace »

My hubby has both a PSP and a PS Vita, and he says you can do both (download your PSP games to the Vita & transfer data). He did add that you might need a PS3 in order to install some of the PSP games to the Vita, though. If you can't figure it out, I can ask him to actually log in here and maybe he can explain....
Rekka Alexiel

Re: PSP-->PSVita

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hey there, thanks for the help! I did manage to do it okay tonight. I was able to transfer one game in its entirety from PSP to my PSVita by hooking it up to my PS3 and using the Passport application. Ended up paying 1,000yen extra to download the content to my PS3 again, though. But I guess that's better than paying 5,600 twice for the same game.

...but I think I missed backing up one of my favorite games (Sol Trigger) before I restored the factory defaults on my PSVita (apparently, I was dumb and used a different PSN account to register it...and needed to wipe it to be able to use my original account with it... which also dashed any hope of being able to DL this game again for free). Woops. Oh well, at least I managed to save all my game saves, so I'm not devastated. I just can't get the game again for a while... heh