FF XIII Lightning returns

Topics on video games and platforms
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

FF XIII Lightning returns

Post by kathpatty »

Got my copy today and a week off work next week........
And while I agree the series ain't what it used to be............
anyone else taking the plunge?

:bounce :bounce :bounce

Could be nostalgia....played them all......
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: FF XIII Lightning returns

Post by Quacker »

Picking up my copy this Friday afternoon.....

Currently playing through "Bravely Default" on the 3DS and really enjoying as it is exactly like an Old-School Final Fantasy game in their hey-day (even some of the spells, items, jobs & weapons are all classic F-F)! It was released back in early December here, but only came out this week in the States?
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Thanks will check for it
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Wow, that was a quick release. Obviously FF gets 1st class treatment opposed to other nitch series... Be sure to also check out Drakengard 3 when it's released May 20th. <3
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Will get this game if my friend has decent things to say about it. Although that might mean picking up FF XIII 2 as well since they are related. Big fan for FF main series, never was a fan for spin-off though.

Ordered Bravely Default just now, so far the reviews I see have mixed things to say about it so I was hesitating, but figured might as well check it out myself.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Hubby Yoshito will probably end up playing this eventually, but he still has yet to actually play FFXIII-2 (he did finish FF XIII, though). Only real shame is that it's PS3 and not PS4 *snif*.
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

I want to pick it up myself (I enjoyed XIII, although the story was flat I had a huge girl crush on Lightning - and I'm still not sure what I thought of XIII-2), but I managed to pick up Skyrim and Alice: Madness Returns recently so unfortunately I have no funds left. Or time. Darn kids. I would love to hear what you think of it, though!

~ DW
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Not a problem KP. Final-Fantasy VI has also just been released on both iOS & Android.
Have you a chance to play F-F XIII-3yet, how are you finding it?
theultimatebrucelee wrote:Ordered Bravely Default just now, so far the reviews I see have mixed things to say about it so I was hesitating, but figured might as well check it out myself.
You seriously will not be disappointed dude; B-D:FF is old-school F-F in all but name only, given a fresh coat of 3D paint!

The Director's previous game credits include the classic titles "Vagrant Story" and "F-F XII". A sequel, "Bravely Second" has already been announced & confirmed in production, which breaking from F-F tradition follows on directly from this game.

The main story, without giving away any spoilers, truly is epic - involving both time-travel & alternate worlds/realities, leading you through one unexpected twist after another, only then to completely blindside the player with a massive revelation leading into the final chapters. The only negative for me is that although the story itself is Grand & Universe-spanning, the actual dialogue can get very cliched & 'cheesy'.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Quacker wrote:Director's previous game credits include the classic titles "Vagrant Story" and "F-F XII". A sequel, "Bravely Second" has already been announced & confirmed in production, which breaking from F-F tradition follows on directly from this game.

The main story, without giving away any spoilers, truly is epic - involving both time-travel & alternate worlds/realities, leading you through one unexpected twist after another, only then to completely blindside the player with a massive revelation leading into the final chapters. The only negative for me is that although the story itself is Grand & Universe-spanning, the actual dialogue can get very cliched & 'cheesy'.
Couldn't get into Vagrant Story due to poor graphic but FF XII was my favor title from the series, and the story description got me pumped too, so I'm really looking forward to playing it this weekend.
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Post by Eternal Squall »

kathpatty wrote:Got my copy today and a week off work next week........
And while I agree the series ain't what it used to be............
anyone else taking the plunge?

:bounce :bounce :bounce

Could be nostalgia....played them all......
I absolutely love, adore and cherish the Squaresoft line of Final Fantasy games. I still pull out the games and play them when I can. So many fond memories of playing and being enthralled with the characters and stories. To me, every game was so strong and timeless, thought they would go on forever.......then came the merger with Enix...... I know others enjoy XII and the XIII compilations, but to me, they just don't have the same magic or wonder of those which came before. Haven't finished XII and barely got into XIII (why so much reading in the beginning?)......that being said one day I will complete and catch up...... I hope! :l
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Uh, oh...so worried about the time .....I got the guide today... :roll: