The Suffering

Topics on video games and platforms
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

The Suffering

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

this is truly the scariest thing i have ever seen, be it movie or game. this game will mess with your head.....and im loving every minute of it. i would recommend this game to anyone who likes scary movies but be warned, the first 5 mins of the game will take you 20 mins to play....its that scary.
this game is rated 18A, and for a good reason. there is lots of swearing and gallons of blood. but it doesnt take away from the game, in fact i think it adds to the game. i mean if you're in a run down prison and monsters start killing everyone around you, i doubt youd be saying ' shot, there goes my best friend.'

i give this game an A+. i havent had this much fun playing a game in a long time... ive also never been that frightened

im playing it on the PS2, but im not sure if it is out on other systems.

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
thrance
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by thrance »

id have to agree, that is one scary game. i only got half way through it though blah <rented it> will have to buy it when its cheaper. if you like scary games, silent hill series and fatal frame series are damn good too
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How much would you pay for it?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

I have played the Suffering -- just recently actually. It is hella scary. I would say it's the second scariest game EVER.

It combines scares of both varieties -- the kind you DO see, and the kind you DON'T see. Hearing those damn things with the blades on their legs coming at you without being able to see them is enough to make the hair on your neck stand on end.

And not only is this game scary, it's also pretty disturbing too. Seeing severed torsos hanging from the ceiling by nooses is always quite disturbing, not to mention when you get to the asylum portion of the game. O_O

PD rates it 86%.
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
thrance

Post by thrance »

yes those torso monsters are whacky, but for me, the ones with the glowing needles are a little more freeky. but i do like, that the enemies will fight each other taking some of the hassle of you. and gotta love the script for some of the guys in the game!
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

thrance wrote:yes those torso monsters are whacky, but for me, the ones with the glowing needles are a little more freeky.
Oh yeah, I especially like when they try to shove a syringe down your throat. Wacked!

The first time I encountered one of those underground monsters, it had me jumping out of my chair too. But then, they kind of got monotonous and lost their edge.
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What was the second?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
thrance

Post by thrance »

you know one thing i noticed. ALOT of people on various forums and such i go to, say they really liked this game ect, but there just isnt alot of credit being given to it IMO. well i can kinda see why, it does have some good rivals for the horror game field when it comes to fright. but this one has the major edge in fast paced action, were as SH and fatal fram series are much more slower and atmospheric creepy.

like i said, i only got half way through the damn game, but the most annoying/cool fight was with the damn projector dr. having to shoot out all the projectors was pissin me off lol