Doom 3

Topics on video games and platforms
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Doom 3

Post by Keropi »

Has anyone played Doom 3 yet?

My friend said it's extremely spooky. What he says about it makes me feel like speeding up my purchase of a new computer. I wore out my computer keyboard playing Doom so much in 1993. :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am written in Java so I work on any computer.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
thrance
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by thrance »

it does look damn cool. i need to update my damn comp if i ever want to play it, or get an xbox. i hope it isnt toooo different from the older doom games though
EOC
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by EOC »

I haven't played Doom sense the shareware version came out back in the day, and even then it was no challenge on nightmare mode. I hope this one is far better.
Your information gathering machine.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Doom rocks, but it does have some hefty system requirements. Unless you're packing 1028Megs of DDR Ram and a high end vid card, don't expect making it past the intro :(
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I wish it was available on the Mac platform. Back before kids, I used to play 14-16 hours a day on weekends. Now have not not touched a computer game in 7 years.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

rallihir wrote: Back before kids, I used to play 14-16 hours a day on weekends. Now have not not touched a computer game in 7 years.
Heehee. I'm in the opposite boat, rallihir... since I've HAD kids, I'm playing computer games tons of hours a day -- if I let them have that much "screen time" that is! :) (We're trying to cut back on screens and read more. Trying, trying!) I hadn't played a computer game since Galaxia on my Atari (UGH I'm old!! :o ) until I bought the playstation. Today it's raining, so we're into a big "War of the Monsters" battle! My 6 year old always kicks my butt on that game, which of course makes his day!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

thrance wrote:it does look damn cool. i need to update my damn comp if i ever want to play it, or get an xbox. i hope it isnt toooo different from the older doom games though
Have you seen the Doom 3 trailor:

http://www.doom3.com/

Very cool.

I'm itching to play Doom 3 and Half-Life 2. :drool
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

thrance wrote:it does look damn cool. i need to update my damn comp if i ever want to play it, or get an xbox. i hope it isnt toooo different from the older doom games though
Yeah the first two Doom games were more about overwhelming you so that you wore down your health. Doom 3 is supposed to get to you in other ways. 8O
Startyde wrote:Doom rocks, but it does have some hefty system requirements. Unless you're packing 1028Megs of DDR Ram and a high end vid card, don't expect making it past the intro :(
You are able to play it? My computer is four and half years old so I can't even play Max Payne 2. :bawl
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

^
Oh yeah, I can play it...at like...12fps...

Kinda like a badass slideshow...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
thrance

Post by thrance »

Keropi wrote:
Have you seen the Doom 3 trailor:

http://www.doom3.com/

Very cool.

I'm itching to play Doom 3 and Half-Life 2. :drool
gah dont even mention half life 2! i love the first one, but...my brother...is a fanatic for that game, and he wants that one ubber bad. i may get beaten by all of you for this, but there are 2-4 other games i want a tad more then doom 3 or half life 2 <hides> so im going to have to let you all tell me about it
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

agh i thought i might have a good enough of a computer to play it but I don't X| X| X|
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

I just picked it up last night--it is pretty scary. I was playing in my room with the lights off and the sound turned up, and my roommate couldn't even stay in to watch! I haven't encountered anything but zombies and imps so far, but the atmosphere is always tense. I'm sure it's a totally different experience from Half-Life 2. I have to mentally prepare myself everytime I step through a door! It's incredibly dark, so you have to use the flashlight most of the time, but you can't shoot while you have it out (only club enemies with it :D ). So you'll see a zombie coming at you from a dark corner, but once you pull your gun out, you're back in the dark! And don't get me started on the eerie sounds...
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I may not be able to play Doom 3 on my computer, but I can still play this game. In some ways this one is superior:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/pqtrailer.html
naria
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by naria »

I'll have to check to see if anyone has this game...I still remember trying the first Doom and even that one freaked me out. I guess I'd have to sit on the sidelines with this one :emb