Silent Hill and Fatal Frame series

Topics on video games and platforms
thrance
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Silent Hill and Fatal Frame series

Post by thrance »

Has anyone else played any games from either of these series?

I have played SH2 and 3, waiting for 4 to come out, and only played fatal frame 2.

As far as horror games, with tons of stuff in them, and the spooky factor, these games are great!

Silent Hill, is a cursed town. Though in pt3 you dont go there till the end. I really cannot explain the story arcs. But in SH2, you get a letter from your dead wife saying to go to your fav spot...silent hill. in pt3, your dad goes missing and your lead to silent hill. im not the best at explaining these games, nor wanna give alot away.

i heard fatal frame one was based somewhat one a true story. the mechanics for both games is, you find an ancient camera. your in a town, for pt 2 and a mansion for pt1 that is haunted. the camera allows you to exorcise the ghosts. in the second one, you and your twin stumble into a town in japan and get stuck. your forced to relive some ancient tradition. i wont go any further into detail.

needless to say, of the three games from both series i have played, i am very happy with them! they are worth a check if you dont mind somewhat slow game play
thrance
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by thrance »

well i got SH4 today. though it has alot of SH stuff in it, it isnt exactly a SH game it seems, but that takes nothing away from it.

if your a fan of horror games, this one is a great one. give it a rent to check it out!
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

One of the like.....3 PS2 games I have is Fatal Frame 2. I think its totally awesome because not only is it very scary, but you can play it in japanese with english subs if you want. The graphics are awesome, and the concept is pretty original. Definetly a must buy if you're looking for a truly scary game. :)

Nikki