Anime Beta Awards 07'

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

redwolf wrote:
RoboFlonne wrote: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/264/dead1ho9.jpg
"not sure what this is"
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2035 ... onyal2.jpg
I take back what I said earlier... looks like they do consider it a harmony. I guess the Yun cel layer is akin to the speed line or airbrush cel layers I've seen on top of harmonies before. I've just never before seen a harmony watercolor that had a character on an actual cel layer on top of the harmony.

====
Also, I posted a guide to creating animated GIFs in Photoshop/ImageReady
http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22640

Hope it helps someone who wants to enter.
OMG! It's a harmony cel! I had no idea! The auction said it was a background... lol... :vict A cel without paint... lol...

An actual cel for a CG anime... Lol... would never have thought that! That's sooooo... Cool! It's my first harmony cel!

I'll be entering it as a harmony cel!

I'm really jealous that you can read japanese that well! Thank You Conri! :vict
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

I now have an official e-mai address for the entry votes to be sent to. I've given it to Toni and she can utilize it how she sees fit.

Oooh boy I can't wait to start counting 8)

Added bonus this year, whomever votes for my cels gets an extra 5 votes for any cels that they have in another category :D

Jk
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Sounds good. I logged into Beta after quite an absense because I suspected a 'Beta Awards 2007' thread would be up ^__^

I can't help out this year due to other commitments but I wish the organisers all the best with this exciting project, it's going well!
If you want any input on the logistics of this event you're welcome to email me but I'm sure you have it sussed.
Looking forward to the 2007 Awards already.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Hey guys, I have been completely out of it. Can anyone tell me quickly when the 2007 Awards begin with submissions?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

They haven't announced submission dates yet.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

How does Nov 1st, 2nd and 3rd sound? That would be a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It's the weekend right after Halloween, so parties would be over with, and it's plenty of time before Thanksgiving vacations begin. That would be at least 3 weeks of preparation time and it's a weekday/weekend combo.

As soon as this is finalized, Goldknight generously offered to make a global announcement with the info, so there will be no need to sift through all of these posts.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:How does Nov 1st, 2nd and 3rd sound? That would be a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It's the weekend right after Halloween, so parties would be over with, and it's plenty of time before Thanksgiving vacations begin. That would be at least 3 weeks of preparation time and it's a weekday/weekend combo.

As soon as this is finalized, Goldknight generously offered to make a global announcement with the info, so there will be no need to sift through all of these posts.
Would you be able to extend it to Sunday as well? That would be awesome if you could.
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

That would be ok for me.
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

Works great for me as well. Thank you so much for doing all this :D
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Works for me.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

For you I will consider it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

It works for me! Now I have to finish my Genga Animation! omg... It's so hard to do.

I can't get the timing right... The Background is hard to match up... But I guess it's harder since I'm using my camera instead of a scanner...... /ok

Everyone good luck on your submissions!

Thanks Toni! I love the new animated section... I'm really looking forward to it! :vict
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What do you see?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Cloud wrote:What do you see?
I see a beautiful world! A world filled with peace and harmony.... for as far as your eyes can see... It seems as if I float on a cloud amiss a shallow see... Cloud do you see what I see?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I agree. You tone of voice is sarcastic.
-I, Robot (Asimov)