Beta Awards 07: Winners Announced

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Congrats to all the winners, and thank you so much to those dedicated people who's time and effort made this all possible :) :cheers

Thank you to everyone who voted for my cels! I was stunned to see I had two placers this year-including miss seras victoria winning in the rage category. Thank you everyone! :kiss
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Good stuff all round.
I was wondering who owns that horizontal pan setup of the fallen samurai in the Sorrow category? I just wanted to say to that person that I think it's a really stunning piece.

I was also surprised to see so many of the items I voted for NOT make the final three. Not to take away from the brillaint pieces that did win, of course! It's a reminder of how we all differ when it comes to interpretation of images and what attracts us to certain pictures.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

congrats to all of the winners and thanks to everyone who helped put this together. ^_^ I loved the layout this year!! Hopefully we can have something similar next year.
Cenbe
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Cenbe »

Krafty wrote:I was also surprised to see so many of the items I voted for NOT make the final three. Not to take away from the brillaint pieces that did win, of course! It's a reminder of how we all differ when it comes to interpretation of images and what attracts us to certain pictures.
Yeah, me too! Oh well ... "De gustibus non est disputandum" (I think that's the only thing I remember from high school Latin!)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I just now finished emailing trophies and emblems to all of the winners. If there are any errors (like I emailed you the wrong award by mistake), please contact me so I can remedy the problem.

Awards were sent to the email addresses from which the entries were received. If you need your awards emailed to a different address, please let me know.

Winners received one email for each category they won in. So if you won in multiple categories, then you should have received multiple emails. This method was just easier for us.

Large images will come down in a couple days, as will anything else that was requested by entrants.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Congrats to all of the winners!! There was some really
great stuff to choose from this year. :o
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Was there ever a section for best death (scene)?

I was looking through and while death's will fit into other categories, I think that it would be interesting to make "best death" a category of it's own next year.

Just a thought.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I can't say "yes" or "no".
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

Thanks again for all your hard work, WC, Zetsuai, NSP, and Syan! I enjoyed looking through all the winners (not to mention winning first place for the first time).

The emails surprised me, and will make it even easier to add the trophies to my artwork entries. :cool:
miz ducky wrote:I was looking through and while death's will fit into other categories, I think that it would be interesting to make "best death" a category of it's own next year.
That's an interesting thought, however, the first thing that popped into my head was
spoiler mine field!
Not that there haven't been any spoiler entries in the past, but a category like "Best Death" makes it obvious.
Last edited by redwolf on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That's great. Tell me what you liked about it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Richly deserved thanks and kudos to the excellent organizers of this year’s awards. The voting process was made much easier with the little images! :D

Of course, my favorite thing is looking at those entire pages full of like images: rage, insanity, etc. They were arranged very nicely on the pages, too. I especially enjoyed the topless teacher section with Gowcaizer’s Ozaki and GTO’s Onizuka on the second row in “Male”. I obviously went to the wrong High School! :wink:

Thanks, also, to everyone who entered and everyone who voted. It was fun to be part of this community of participants!
redwolf wrote: Not that there haven't been any spoiler entries in the past,
I know, I know! Sorry, Sorry! :bow
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Any plans to make any of the group images that were done the last few years such as the ones from Male & Female which were quite popular?

I know it's a bit of work but I know many here appreciated it. Besides I would expect the Sheets Doutrouble made from the bishie section last year must be worn out by now :dgrin
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Just wanted to thank everyone again for such an excellent job on the Beta Awards this year. Thanks to everyone who voted and to those that voted for my cels, I appreciate that you enjoyed my submissions enough to vote for them.

I also wanted to thank the person who submitted the Sailor Mercury animated gif. As finding the douga for bank sequences from that anime is rare, it was a nice treat to see that someone actually has enough to make a full animation of the attack. I'd love to know who owns this(and if you have a private gallery, I'd like access to oogle!), but, I understand if you want to keep your ownership a secret.
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

redwolf wrote:Thanks again for all your hard work, WC, Zetsuai, NSP, and Syan! I enjoyed looking through all the winners (not to mention winning first place for the first time).

The emails surprised me, and will make it even easier to add the trophies to my artwork entries. :cool:
miz ducky wrote:I was looking through and while death's will fit into other categories, I think that it would be interesting to make "best death" a category of it's own next year.
That's an interesting thought, however, the first thing that popped into my head was
spoiler mine field!
Not that there haven't been any spoiler entries in the past, but a category like "Best Death" makes it obvious.
Yes it would be a spoiler, but it could be made like sequence and hentai were made with "voting optional" (at own risk to enter)
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

Congrats to all the winners, and many thanks to WC, Zetsuai, NSP, and Syan for all their hard work and time they put into the BAs this year!

Thanks also to everyone who voted for any of my entries. I really appreciate it! :D