Beta Awards 07: Winners Announced

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Cloud wrote:Alright, wELCOME cONSUMER. What is your real name?
According to my students, Ms. Toni. :wink:
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Choosing what to submit was difficult because I don't feel a lot of the art I collect falls into these categories, or is at least worthy of representing that category to the fullest. That's merely a complaint against my own artwork, not the setup of the Awards.
Still, the email's sent and it'll be cool seeing all the entries together- it'll be good fun all round!
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

Just sent my submission in :) Yay!
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Not many people express themselves the way you do.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

I'd like to remind everyone to please read the rules about submission! I'm sorry, but more than one email for your submissions is not allowed. You have to send all 5 entries at once, not a few in one email and then a couple more in another email. It needs to be one email and within the submission period, unless you contacted me prior with a special circumstance.

The subject of the email also has to be in a particular way. Please, please re-read the rules before submitting. It makes it very hard on us if the emails are wrong. :( And I don't want to have to disqualify anyone.

Also, I'm sorry but requesting an extension now is out of the question. We set up this submission period over 3 weeks ago to give everyone enough time to prepare and contact me if necessary. Informing us now unfortunately does not count, it should have been before.

I'll post the category totals tonight and update them each day until we're done accepting entries. That will give everyone an idea of what categories are popular and which ones are being neglected. :l :D
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Putting the finishing touches to my animated Sequence! Yay!!!
Choosing what to submit was difficult because I don't feel a lot of the art I collect falls into these categories, or is at least worthy of representing that category to the fullest.-Krafty-
I'm pretty sure you have atleast the hentai section covered... :vict
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Edit: I've moved the current submission totals to the first post, so it's easier to find. :)

I'm going to put my foot down right now about the rules. No, links are not allowed. You must attach your images and label them correctly. If you think the email server will not carry them, please take the time to make them fit (make 'em smaller if you need to). Only 1 email for all of your submissions. Subject line should be as described in the rules, nothing else.

I'm sorry but this is kind of driving me nuts because people are telling me they didn't bother to read the rules and/or obviously didn't read the rules because their file names are wrong, email subject lines are wrong, etc.

Any email received after this post that violates any of the rules will be immediately disqualified and the entrant will be told as such. It's the responsibility of the contestants to follow the rules. If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask me, post here, PM me, whatever. It's impossible to put this event together if everyone is doing something different. The rules are posted for a reason, so please read them. :l
Last edited by wELCOME cONSUMER on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Nothing is impossible.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

So I presume if we haven't received any message back that our entries were received properly formatted? I pretty much scrutinized the rules and think I got it all correct :O
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

Ditto on rereading the rules. I hope my i's were dotted appropriately. :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Why do you hope for his or her he or she's were dotted appropriately
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Just sent in my submissions as well-good luck to everyone! :)
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

zerospace wrote:So I presume if we haven't received any message back that our entries were received properly formatted? I pretty much scrutinized the rules and think I got it all correct :O
Good question. Since there are so many emails and entries, I'm not going to have time to reply to everyone. So if you submitted entries and did not receive a reply, assume all is well. I replied to a couple of people and asked them to correct some problems that resulted from not reading the rules.

All I can ask is, please read the rules. :hurt:
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

Cloud wrote:Why do you hope for his or her he or she's were dotted appropriately
I am afraid that otherwise, someone like might go postal and take people out* Cloud. Not that I'd blame her or anyone else really. :)

*= Via paint ball gun. Those things hurt like heck when you key them up....