Beta Awards 07: Winners Announced

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

All of the large scans have been removed from the site. Still working on the other things requested by entrants.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. :elephant
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Congrats to all winners! I'm happy to win something but most imptly, the whole process was fun. Kudos to the team for all your hard work! :o
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

There were a couple of errors while sending the award images, most likely due to rapid fire email action. :D The main problem has been a couple people receiving an award they cannot open. Resending the file seems to fix this issue, so please PM me if you are one of the people experiencing problems opening your awards. There weren't very many problems in toto, which is quite a relief. :^^:
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
LinaLoN
Senpai - Elder

Post by LinaLoN »

Congrats to all the winners and everyone who sent enteries or helped with the contest! It was a huge success and each year seems to get better and better in terms of the setup! Everyone deserve rewards in my book!
My cat Temperance I call her Tempe for short.

My cat Seeley is a Sailor Moon fan, too!

I didn't anticipate on having a black female cat and a white male cat or I would have named them Luna and Artemis... oh well.
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

I agree with Linalon, it was handled very well this year. Hopefully it will just keep getting better and better each year. A great big thank you to all those that made the awards possible, and this isn't just for this year's helpers; all past helpers deserve to be recognized for their outstanding work. I'm still in shock in some of the entries I voted for didn't make it, but that just goes to show how different all our tastes are. Congrats to the winners once again! 8)
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
akadro
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by akadro »

sorry to pop up this topic higer... :D

Was wondering if there will be any AB awards this year ?

+

dro
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

i was wondering exactly the same thing :)
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

oh i hope so! :D
that sounds like fun!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yeah that's right. Me too.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

I want to know too :D
"Cause I forgot to enter last year :l
Leedz
Anime Geek

Post by Leedz »

I've been lurking around trying to find info on a Beta Awards for this year as well, since last year I came to find out literally a day too late. x_x
Nat.R
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nat.R »

Hi!

Maybe I didn't read all but is there a 2008 contest?
(sorry for my bad english I'm french...)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I'm happy that this topic was revived for 2008, but, as the year is closing(and I'm sure that having the event happen around Christmas would not be good), we need to start to organize ourselves.

Unless WC wants to organize it like last year(or if anyone else really has their hearts set on it), I volunteer to try to put it together. I have mediocre HTML skills, so, it likely won't be as spectacular as any of the previous years. I also won't be designing any awards(unless you want a piece of blank paper saying you won...), so maybe someone else can help out in that catagory.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I'd possibly be willing to help out behind the scenes with the web page stuff ;).

I'm pretty evolved as far as web pages go, since I use scripting languages more than plain HTML (so, CB, if you end up organizing it, perhaps my web skills are just what you need). I also have my own web hosting :).

Feel free to PM me if whoever is organizing things needs a web geek. /swt
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I always feel completely free.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)