Beta Awards 07: Winners Announced

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I could care less if it is extended or not. I still have not submitted my entries yet... LOL too undecided. i know ill at least send ya one. ^_^
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

By extending the entry period, you still don't allow for anyone who has already entered to help "fill" the categories with less artwork. I think if you're going to extend it at all, you may also wish to allow everyone who has already submitted entries to submit perhaps.... 2 additional entries. Most folks who planned to participate have already submitted their artwork, I'm sure, so an extension will not likely get others off the fence (especially those who did not plan to enter) any faster.

Just a thought ;)
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:Since we have more categories this year, no single category has received even 20 entries yet. What do you guys think about expanding the submission period?

I don't really see the point. Anyone intending to enter was already aware of the deadline, and made plans to meet it. I agree with zerospace that the only way to get extra entries would be to let people enter more than five categories. :|
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Not really? Look harder.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

I don't understand how extending the dealine one day would affect anything, as long as the other dates do not change, which is my assumption.
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I agree. Everyone has had ample time to decide what they are going to enter. Anyone who is busy or not able to enter should have emailed you ahead of time to make arrangements. One more day will not fill up the categories. However, I do not agree with extending the number of categories people are allowed to enter. It would make things too confusing at this point.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Silvrdrago
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Silvrdrago »

I kinda feel like alowing more entires from the same folks feels like padding........but on the other hand i would hate to see viable catagorys like Robot, Henti and such have such few entrys. I feel like the art in those catagorys won't get a fair chance to shine against the compition if their arn't enough entrys. While i supose it increases your chance of winning.....i don't think there is any fun with out compititon.

Extending the entry period would only help if we drum up more poeple to enter.......

So i sujest we get some large butterfly nets and hang out were cel collectors congrigate.......or demand apon entry into RS chat members supply proof of AB awards entry..........logins to the verious YJ debutys forward members to the AB awards entry proceedures...........

those all seem to suttle......

So the direct approch.....i sujest bear traps around collectors cel books with some sort of electronic confirmation sytem connected to Kill lazers.......mmmh Kiillll lazers........and maybe some man eating sharks with more kill lazers......and maybe we can use the kill lazers too........oh wait what was i talking about.......mmmh...world domination..... 8)
Last edited by Silvrdrago on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Moop wrote:
wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:Since we have more categories this year, no single category has received even 20 entries yet. What do you guys think about expanding the submission period?

I don't really see the point. Anyone intending to enter was already aware of the deadline, and made plans to meet it. I agree with zerospace that the only way to get extra entries would be to let people enter more than five categories. :|
I have to agree with Moop and zerospace. So far, there are 230 entries but they have to spread over a larger number of categories compared to about 360 entries last year. I don't think giving more time will get that many more entries, but letting ppl entry more than 5 may. But like Blueheaven said, it might just confuse things at this point.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

I only submited 4 entries and one was in the animated section... So "technically" I still have 2 entries I could make. Ill sell it to the highest bidder :wink:

I also have to say adding an extra day wont do anything. I dont think effect a time-table that was put together almost a month or so ago should be effected for a few stragglers aka (last minute entries). Each year we have individuals who join collecting, leave collecting, so you can't expect to have the same entries each year.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
Zetsuai
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Zetsuai »

EternityOfPain wrote:I only submited 4 entries and one was in the animated section... So "technically" I still have 2 entries I could make. Ill sell it to the highest bidder :wink:
*lol* ... I'll take them, I'll take them ... (^_~) ... :rollin
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

My entries are in, four to categories with six or less. It seems like too much work and confusion for you guys, but if you did add one or two more per person, I could submit something to embarrassed (currently 6) or robot (currently 4). No hentai or harmony, alas.

I wonder how many people are waiting till the last hours to submit? :D
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Silvrdrago wrote:I kinda feel like alowing more entires from the same folks feels like padding........but on the other hand i would hate to see viable catagorys like Robot, Henti and such have such few entrys. I feel like the art in those catagorys won't get a fair chance to shine against the compition if their arn't enough entrys. While i supose it increases your chance of winning.....i don't think there is any fun with out compititon.

Extending the entry period would only help if we drum up more poeple to enter.......

So i sujest we get some large butterfly nets and hang out were cel collectors congrigate.......or demand apon entry into RS chat members supply proof of AB awards entry..........logins to the verious YJ debutys forward members to the AB awards entry proceedures...........

those all seem to suttle......

So the direct approch.....i sujest bear traps around collectors cel books with some sort of electronic confirmation sytem connected to Kill lazers.......mmmh Kiillll lazers........and maybe some man eating sharks with more kill lazers......and maybe we can use the kill lazers too........oh wait what was i talking about.......mmmh...world domination..... 8)
Yay for World Domination! :vict
My entries are in, four to categories with six or less. It seems like too much work and confusion for you guys, but if you did add one or two more per person, I could submit something to embarrassed (currently 6) or robot (currently 4). No hentai or harmony, alas.

I wonder how many people are waiting till the last hours to submit? Very Happy-RedWolf-
I'm waiting to see if we get more entries or an extra day! :vict
otakusin
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by otakusin »

redwolf wrote:I wonder how many people are waiting till the last hours to submit? :D
Wondering that myself /hmm

I do agree with others that there was plenty of time given to have the entries ready for the 72 hour deadline. On the other hand, I can see a reason for extending the deadline if the number of entries were upped.

That being said I have a couple I would be more than willing to submit to categories that have no competition at the moment. But again wondering if those will fill out last minute, lol.
We're gonna turn this team around 360 degrees!! -- Jason Kidd
Ms. Poe

Post by Ms. Poe »

Question on Comic/Manga art...

Does it have to be the original, or can it be a copy used in the production process?
Image Image
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

animeobsessed wrote:So far, there are 230 entries but they have to spread over a larger number of categories compared to about 360 entries last year.
8O Yeesh. I don't have anything to help pad the really low categories... but maybe I'll throw together an entry just to pad it, period.