2009 Anime-Beta Awards - AWARDS UP!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

zerospace wrote:*signs back on* :P
same here. lol :P

GK, i was thinking, instead of a stickey, why dont we just make an entirely new forum (here on AB... you know how we have the Anime and Production Art section, the Auctions/Buy/Sell/Trade section, etc).
Why not have a section for the AB awards (so if we need to have polls, specific discussions, etc, they could all be in one place and not shuffled amongst the regular cel disscussions)?

just a thought. :D

and i think rules set in stone are a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I agree that a solid set of rules should be created for future years.

I also think the certain aspects may have to change over time, though. For example, the people who were interested in the contest this year felt that repros should be allowed and that rilezu should be confined to one category. Whereas in past years, the consensus was that repros shouldn't be allowed at all and that relizu can be in any category. Opinions change over time. I think it would be best to solidify the RULES, but keep the CATEGORIES open for discussion each year. This discussion allows for important change; without it, we wouldn't have had the vehicle or tranquility sections this year.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I love Belldandy's idea :). That sounds excellent.

I also tend to agree with Rei about the categories, etc. Perhaps a good compromise would be to create a base category list that should survive from year to year, with the option each year to add new categories. Each set of organizers is then free run polls and host discussion on what additional categories to include that year (and these would not necessarily be added to the base list -- that would be up to each set of organizers if they want to re-use categories from prior years). If the general consensus is to keep a category, then perhaps it should be included in the base list at that point.

As for the rilezu and repros -- this seems to be something that does change from year to year, and I do think that for the time being, the board should be polled on inclusion (and how to include) these types of artwork. Feelings and opinions do change over time, and with the board membership constantly changing, it might be a good idea to check how the participants feel about these things on a yearly basis. ;) If a trend develops for repros & rilezu, then maybe inclusion into the "set in stone" rule set would be in order.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

In yellow color categories that crossed ages (evolving or not)...

Maybe focus on them as "classic" or "permanent" categories, and add 2-3 categories as "special" or "yearly" ones.
Last edited by iceman57 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I agree and like Belldandy's idea. I'm discussing with my fellow admin/mods to make sure they're 100% ok on me adding a new section to the forum. I imagine they'll be fine with it. If so I'll get that added ASAP and we can begin working on future awards. I just want to make them more enjoyable and a little less stressful in the future. Hopefully this will help. If/When I add the new section I'll let everyone know in this thread and just remind y'all to refresh your browsers. :)
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

To make a slight change to Iceman's list

Non Anime became Comic/Manga after it was decided to allow non Anime into other catagories IE: Disney cels Ect.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Updated.
I think that this Excel table offers in one eyelash to better see the MVC (most valuable categories) AB Awards through ages, rest to define the additionnal categories.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Click the refresh button on your browser to view the new area of the forum at the very bottom. For now I'm simply added 2 sections for the beta awards. I'll probably divide them up better in the future.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug