2009 Anime-Beta Awards - AWARDS UP!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Just to clarify, we did ask Iceman to serve as a general backup back when we were first organizing the awards. We also told him the other day that we would like to use his awards in the event MK could not complete hers.

That being said, we were somewhat surprised when we woke up to find 6 megs worth of award graphics in our inbox this morning. :puzzled

At least they're there if we need them. Your initiative is appreciated, Iceman! :D
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

I have sent both parts of my awards. I thank those who stood by me, I apologize for all the delays. Life has gotten to be very rough and I've been trying to do my best on the awards so that people wouldn't have to retouch them. As it is though I felt very rushed when I heard Iceman57 had already made awards. I worked long and hard to create our awards and the imposed rush means that the final product will need retouching by those who won awards whether in Photoshop, MS Paint, or the Mac equivalent. There are some stray white specks that I was working to get rid of, instead you will have to kindly erase these yourselves. I do not mind that Iceman57 took initiative, what I do mind is that it would have been much more polite to contact me and offer help rather than completely take it upon yourself. Thanks beta, hope you like.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Ain't a rush, take your time for the last picture cleanup.
As they weren't replies, backup solution simply made its way (can be reuse anytime for any competition).
Angelic Lair can now simply supress it from HD.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

No offense, Midnite, but it isn't Iceman you should be mad at.
MidniteKitten wrote:I guarantee that by the 4th I wil have them zipped and ready for Angelic-Lair to issue out!
The 4th came... and went... and we didn't hear from you until we posted here today. You could have told us if you needed more time or were having RL issues, if that was the case. We would have understood. :)

That being said...

We will begin putting the awards up on the Website later today. It shouldn't take us too long, but we'll let everyone know if we hit any unexpected snags.

Thanks! :vict
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Thank you, Midnite Kitten!
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

I apologize if it came of very angry, I didn't mean to. I was simply offended, if things were happening in RL (and indeed there were a few) then I obviously would not have the time to say so, I was very preoccupied. I was simply saying that I think a more appropriate response from both Iceman57 and the organizers would have been to contact me about the awards rather than contacting me once new awards have already been made placing extra pressure on myself. I apologize about missing so many deadlines. I've been having quite a rough patch and would have greatly appreciated and let Iceman57 help had he asked. It was just the idea of a whole "underground" operation or the idea that a back-up graphics person was needed from the start, as far as I'm aware all past awards didn't have back-up awards artists and that alone makes me feel distrusted or considered a flake before even having started. I realize the inconvenience this placed on everyone else and again apologize. Thanks for those with patience, I appreciate it
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Good news! :jump

The award graphics have been uploaded, so now they can be downloaded! :D

You can get to the download page from every winner's page, or you can use this direct link:
http://www.awards2009.angelic-lair.com/ ... awards.htm

If you should experience any problems downloading your awards or with the website in general, please let us know. If you should experience any problems with your award graphics (format, spelling etc.), please contact MidniteKitten directly. :)

Regarding the "white dots" issue that MidniteKitten mentioned: they are very easy to remove as she explained. We can walk you through it if you're having problems... just let us know. :) We'd also like to apologize to Midnite. We did not intend to hurt your feelings. :ghug: Thank you for your hard work.

Again, congratulations to all of the 2009 Anime-Beta Award winners! :vict :vict
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

i think you did an awesome job on the awards, MK! :D
love it!
:hello
thanks for all your hard work guys!
we did great!
sensei

Post by sensei »

They look fine to me without any extra work, Midnite Kitten, and I appreciate the fact that they don't need to be resized to import into my galleries. Anyone who wants to see a bigger scan and some commentary on my "Cute" (3rd) and "Shocked" (1st) can now do so by going to my gallery page and clicking on the links in my latest news item.

It's nice to see cels from Ai to Yuuki no Pig Girl Tonde Buurin and Tenshi ni Narumon get the respect they deserve.
All hail these series' common character designer, the magnificent :hello :bow2: Hiromi Kato! :bow2: :hello

Signing off this thread for good...
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

sensei wrote: Signing off this thread for good...
whew, same here! /swt
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

The awards look AWESOME! /no1 What a fantastic job! Thanks MK! I can't wait to post them! :jump
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

bulleta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by bulleta »

Great! Thanks for finishing them!!! I appreciate it! :) I'll be sure to add them to my site later!
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Awesome! Thanks for finishing the graphics, MK :). *signing off this thread for good, too* /swt
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

Thanks for the neat awards MK. Also thanks for A-L for updating the site as well.

:D
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime