Let's Discuss Rules

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Iceman, if you're so worried about Beta Awards staff conspiring to vote on their own cels, perhaps this yearly event isn't for you. There are probably people who vote for their friends' cels who are not staff members. I hardly think it's a huge problem in any case. There's no use trying to tell someone how to vote anyway, it's just not going to work. Free will and all.

Also, bringing up the BWA... if someone spent thousands on a piece of artwork solely for use within a small competition such as the Beta Awards, I'd be kinda worried where their priorities lie.

Seems like you're now arguing over what "competition" means which is rather pointless. A competition can be fun or serious. The Beta Awards is supposed to be a fun competition that brings the community together and allows everyone to see artwork they may not have done before. An award may give someone a nice warm fuzzy feeling that their cel was judged best in category by the community. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it doesn't make them ruler of the universe.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

I'm not accusing anyone of conspiracy or anything else. Just noted two points that can be easily ameliorated : staff don't play & submitters can't vote for their own. This is just a matter of vote filtering, nothing else.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

iceman57 wrote: So why not argue with a real argumentary aspect instead of simply writing this is annoying, this in definitively not constructive and not friendly community way.
I did not say this discussion was annoying, the comment was directed at you.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

iceman57 wrote:I'm not accusing anyone of conspiracy or anything else. Just noted two points that can be easily ameliorated : staff don't play & submitters can't vote for their own. This is just a matter of vote filtering, nothing else.
Iceman57 you are taking this in the wrong direction. If the staff don't "play" or participate and the submitters can't vote for their own I see this contest having very few participates. I don't think any members would want to go to the work of putting this contest together if they couldn't have the option to participate. Right now, I'm sure there are several members that see these threads and stay clear completely b/c of previous discussions such as this.

I have participated in most of these awards and I have to say that I have not voted for my own cel/sketches all the time, but I have done it. If I felt mine portrayed the category the best, then I voted for my entry. If someone else's fit better, I voted for theirs. Besides, how are you going to know who I voted for? Are you going to have the vote counter check everyone's entries and see if that member voted for themselves? And then we get more rules about what happens if someone votes for themselves? It's just vote filtering? No, I think this would be a "deal breaker". I know I would not participate anymore if either of these policies were put into place.

My guess is most members are not going to agree with your suggestions. I think you should stop bringing up these new issues and deal with the ones JWR listed. Those are enough.

Iceman57, you are taking these contests too seriously....chill out!! It's suppose to be FUN!! *I think this has been say numerous times*
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

animeobsessed wrote:If the staff don't "play" or participate and the submitters can't vote for their own I see this contest having very few participates.
I see, yes that could be a serious problem :?
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I guess I'll start the next round of polls. I was only going to start one poll based on the general questions raised, but now I'm going to start 2 extra polls just because I think they'll make a point and it can finally be dropped. :roll I'm done with the pointless pissing matches. I know how 2 of the polls will end up, but since beta is about making people happy and ironing out all issues.....there ya go :P
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Thanks GK....I hope these polls work to make their point.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

animeobsessed wrote:Thanks GK....I hope these polls work to make their point.
Agreed. :roll

Hopefully the polls will put these issues to rest and we can all move on to the issues that are more important. ;)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Thanks GK!! :friends:
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

And if the polls don't work, Iceman will personally try to ameliorate each and every one of you himself. :wink:
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Ok the polls have been fixed.

New poll on where to put colored paper settei is now up for the next 5 days.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Kaona wrote:And if the polls don't work, Iceman will personally try to ameliorate each and every one of you himself. :wink:
Nope, as Setzer the gambler, a coin toss will certainly be the best answer...
JWR

Post by JWR »

Ok so far questions that have been decided.

Oganizers of the awards can submit artwork in the contest

It's ok to vote for your own artwork

Reproduction cels will have their own catagory

Rilezu cels can be entered in all catagories

Only colored plastic can be in the Settei section of the Cel Awards.

Colored and Black & White paper will be allowed in the Settei section of the Sketch Awards.

I will be starting another poll on whether a person who enters must vote.

I will be putting up 2 other items for discussion to decide on what options people want before a poll is produced.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
JWR

Post by JWR »

Ok via the last poll and the discussions a couple of more questions have been answered.

1. If you enter cels or sketches in the contest you will be required to vote in all except the optional catagories.

2. A catagory must have at least 3 cels to have 1 awards , 4 cels for 2 awards and 5 or more entered to have 3 awards.

3. It will be up to the organizers to determine how to handle any rules that get broken when such an occurance occurs.

The remaining question of past winners and sequnce mates still needs to be fleshed out. I'll put together a series of polls to see if we can come to a answer.