Where to put Settei?

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.

Where to put Settei in the beta CEL awards?

The settei category should only include CEL based settei/model sheets
52%
The settei category should include original sketch models with color
4%
The settei category should be renamed to include mutliple pre-produdctions models (Cel & Sketch Alike)
44%

Total votes: 27

Goldknight
RULER

Where to put Settei?

Post by Goldknight »

This is a tough poll and hopefully I've worded it correctly.....
Last edited by Goldknight on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Apologies, but we aren't completely clear on the poll... X|

Are we talking about how settei will be handled in the cel awards only, or how settei will be handled overall?

Just curious as it could change how we (and possibly others) vote.

Thanks! :)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Yes, I agree that this poll is unclear. In the SKETCH awards, traditional paper settei will be acceptable. In the CEL awards, possibly only test cels or acetate-based settei.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

and are sketches allowed in the cel awards now (since you worded that last one with "cel and sketch alike")? sorry i didnt understand that one either. :?
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I'm purely referring to cel awards. I'll make it clear in the original post. I imagine sketch awards are easier to work out or can be done later.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

A lot of the questions on this came from the color vs black and white disscussions.

Settei by definition are paper model sheets used for the formation of sketches , genga and from them cels are the created.

I had proposed the name change from Settei to Pre Prodution Art so it could include such items as model and test cels.

I guess the main question is for the cel awards should this catagory be limited to colored plastic items or will colored paper items be included thus having 1 contest that for colored items in the cel awards and the same catagory in the sketch awards thus limited to black & white drawings.

Now the Industry Art section of the cel awards does allow colored paper items so there is a history of keeping a separation between colored and black & white in the awards reguardless of medium be it on plactic or paper.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison