Poll "Should all who enter be required to vote"

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.

Should all who enter be required to vote in all catagories except the optional ones?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 34

JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Poll "Should all who enter be required to vote"

Post by JWR »

There has been some discussion over the rule that has been in place that all who enter artwork in the awards be required to vote in all except the optional catagories of Hentai, Animated & Settei.

Simple question.

Should all who enter be requred to vote in all catagories except optional catagories?
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Everyone who entered should be required to vote. Everyone who entered artwork into optional categories should vote for those categories.

The rule was originally created so that those that don't like hentai artwork be allowed to not look at it. But, I guess is also extends to the animated section where, those voting on a dial-up connection be allowed to bypass it. Although, I don't know if the dial-up issue is a problem anymore.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

cutiebunny wrote: Although, I don't know if the dial-up issue is a problem anymore.
There are still some members with dial-up, so it will be an optional category again this year. :)
benten
Kamisama - God

Post by benten »

I would think that not voting is its own punishment in that one does not get to join in the fun of voting.

If the punishment is to eliminate the submissions of the person not voting from receiving awards, it must necessarily happen after the voting is closed. It seems that this also potentially has the effect of punishing those who voted for those submissions by eliminating their votes.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I think everyone who enters should be required to vote, as it doesn't seem right to permit someone to enter and then not participate in the rest of the contest, but still take home an award. It seems only fitting to disqualify entries belonging to someone who can't be bothered to vote in a contest they entered. :?
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

I agree with what everyone has already said. It wouldn't be fair to all the people that vote for someone to win awards just by submitting, and not doing anything else.