2010 Cel Awards: Winners are up!!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Viewing is now open! :)
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Trophies Photoshop PSD source file sent to admin.
Fully customisable and waiting for winners names and categories :D
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Frosty
Anime Geek

Post by Frosty »

Angelic-Lair wrote:Unfortunately, vehicle, insanity and harmony were cut because they only had one entry each ...
*LOL* I prepared entries for each of these three categories first, but then I decided to go for other categories ^^ But even two entries would not have been enough ... and I saved the replacements at least ^^
It's Better to Burn Out than to Fade Away!
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

Angelic-Lair wrote:Viewing is now open! :)
so many gorgeous cels! :love2

early viewing is such a tease... :bounce
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

I just wish all cels were new. I mean seriously, some people play with the rules. Example with this cel:
http://awards2010.angelic-lair.com/disp ... m=NC5qcGc=

It was already listed in 2008:
http://betaawards08.zero-space.net/disp ... m=MS5qcGc=

and in 2009:
http://www.awards2009.angelic-lair.com/ ... ance01.htm

Sorry Akadro, nothing personal but I don't think submitting your cel over and over again helps much. Besides I don't think "romance" is an appropriate category for a hug between a father and his son - just my opinion.
The rules should set a maximum number of times that a cel can be submitted - ideally just one so we get to see as many new cels as possible every year.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Olivier - people can submit their cels/sketches as many years in a row as they wish. We only regulate the winning pieces.

After all, tastes change over time. Just because it doesn't win a prize in 2008 doesn't mean it won't in 2010.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Olivier wrote:I don't think "romance" is an appropriate category for a hug between a father and his son - just my opinion.
Perhaps: but this year it's entered in "Group," defined as "two or more characters." I see nothing wrong with the entry or feel that it's "playing with the rules." As for entering it again after it did not win the first two times: basic rule in all contests: if you don't enter, you won't win.

BTW, I don't think knowledge of the series plot should be a factor in judging the cel. So it should be a good image, regardless of whether a DBZ fan knows it's a father and a son, or whether a newbie thinks it's an ugly blonde hooker servicing a hunky random john. Just my opinion.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Olivier wrote: Besides I don't think "romance" is an appropriate category for a hug between a father and his son - just my opinion.
Didn't you know that babies come from 'special hugs'? :P

Or so the commercial for Kaiser Permanente health care plans tells me...

Some collectors can only add one or two cels to their collection per year, either because there are not a lot of items on the market or because they can not afford those items that are available. In either case, these collectors will likely reuse the same items year after year.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I do not feel there is anything wrong with the submissions either. It is in the group section this year. The rules are the rules which were decided prior to entry. If you would like to make a suggestion for next year, that is perfectly fine. If you disagree with multiple times a cel has been entered in years past, then don't vote for them this time and feel free to join the panel next year to propose a change.
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

sensei wrote: should be a good image, regardless of whether a DBZ fan knows it's a father and a son, or whether a newbie thinks it's an ugly blonde hooker servicing a hunky random john.
lol well said!
Nat.R
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nat.R »

sorry but I think like Olivier...

This year there is so wonderful entries!! O_O I feel so sad to have forget to send mine! argh!!!! -_-
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Post by Eternal Squall »

Olivier wrote:Sorry Akadro, nothing personal but I don't think submitting your cel over and over again helps much. Besides I don't think "romance" is an appropriate category for a hug between a father and his son - just my opinion.
BRO-MANCE! :friends:
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

Nat.R wrote:sorry but I think like Olivier...

This year there is so wonderful entries!! O_O I feel so sad to have forget to send mine! argh!!!! -_-
I think one of your fanart has been submitted, so that's a start ;)
I did not send mine either. It's entirely my fault, I didn't spend much time on this board lately and I totally missed the awards. Well, more ammo for next year ;)

Anyway, thanks guys for your opinions. The main point is this multiple submission definitely fits within the rules, so that's ok. I will suggest to change the rules next year, we'll see what people think about it.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Just a quick reminder that voting will begin tomorrow at 8 p.m. Eastern Time. :jump

And remember, if you've entered artwork into this year's awards you must vote in all categories except optional ones that you didn't submit artwork in.

Best of luck, everyone! :)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Some of these categories are going to be incredibly difficult to vote in! So many excellent choices...