2011 Annual Cel contest (settings thread)

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: 2011 Annual Cel contest

Post by D123 »

iceman57 wrote:(even maybe to publish them, in order to avoid any existing claim).
This would be a very bad idea (I wouldn’t do it or mention it) and

I do agree with rei,
ReiTheJelly wrote:
iceman57 wrote:23 Nov. - 27 Nov. Vote submission

Since you're from France, allow me to explain that this is terrible timing for Americans. This year, Thanksgiving falls on November 24th; it is one of our largest holidays and celebrations usually take up the entire weekend. Many people will be visiting family and may not have internet access, or have time for this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgivi ... _States%29
I realize "not everyone" on A-B is American, but the majority are. This seems like a good way to have a bad turn-out.
Thanksgiving is the second most popular holiday along the lines of Christmas so it’s pretty big here and I also think it’s a very bad idea anyway to start right away after you just set the date. I would give everybody a few days so they know what’s going on not everybody checks the board everyday even I’m wondering what’s going on. It’s feeling very rushed and like rei I feel this is going to be a bad turn-out.

Also icemam57 I got your PM could you message me again telling me what to do and when to start :D
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

As wrote up, no problem to expand the schedule according to this calendar event, till we stay in the mid-December deadline, that fits.
The vote publishing was just an idea in case of claims or renew of previous issue about voting & counting, in order to allow claimer to check validity of the votes.

Apparently there are mistaken text on the Rubberslug gallery, would be great to have your feedback on to correct them, then I'll upload the modification.
Would be great if you may assist on this part.

About rules, same standards as each event do apply, just requires a copy/paste.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

iceman57 wrote:Apparently there are mistaken text on the Rubberslug gallery, would be great to have your feedback on to correct them, then I'll upload the modification.

About rules, same standards as each event do apply, just requires a copy/paste.
I didn't see any mistaken text on the gallery when I checked.. :?

Also if and when you want to add the rules to the contest in the gallery you can create the "about" page under "site text" rubberslug has and copy and paste them there :)
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

D123 wrote:
iceman57 wrote:Apparently there are mistaken text on the Rubberslug gallery, would be great to have your feedback on to correct them, then I'll upload the modification.
Don't know, Zerospace told about mistakes, as I'm not mother tongue english, would be hard to control.
Glad to see there's nothing to notice.
D123 wrote:Also if and when you want to add the rules to the contest in the gallery you can create the "about" page under "site text" rubberslug has and copy and paste them there :)
Good idea.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

iceman57 wrote:
D123 wrote:
Don't know, Zerospace told about mistakes, as I'm not mother tongue english, would be hard to control.
Glad to see there's nothing to notice.
Ahh ok, if I notice anything un-understandable I will let you know, so far the text makes sense to me :)
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

iceman57 wrote:
darksuzaku wrote:I'm not sure if i'll be able to submit anything, but don't seem to find the rules anywhere. Are we using the same as last year? It would be nice to find the rules on the first post, specially the number of entries, file size, maximum witdh/heigth etc...
Same rules, same fun.
I think this has already been said, but I guess it needs repeating. Someone from the committee needs to post the final rules - even if they are the same as last year - in their entirely on the first post of this thread. This includes the final decision on the timeline, rules for submissions, categories, etc. I have no problem with the one volunteering to take charge making the final decisions, but they have to be stated clearly so everyone understands them.

What is showing right now on the first post is hardly visible. I read it twice and skip right by it. I actually saw it the THIRD time I looked at the first post.

Also, when you stated "same rules", does that mean same as the 2010 cel awards or are you incorporating some of the changes addressed from the 2011 cel genga awards such as the category change to Death/Dying versus Death only since sometimes the character didn't actually die. Accessory was clarified to be with or without the character. I don't remember if there were others. You can just incorporate which way you want to go with these categories in the category description. But until these official rules are posted, it will be hard for anyone to know if they are following the rules and how they need to proceed. And if I understand the posts correctly, the submission clock has already started. SO PLEASE CLARIFY THE RULES FOR 2011 CEL CONTEST! Otherwise, there will probably be a low turnout which takes away from the fun of this event.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

animeobsessed wrote:
iceman57 wrote:
darksuzaku wrote:I'm not sure if i'll be able to submit anything, but don't seem to find the rules anywhere. Are we using the same as last year? It would be nice to find the rules on the first post, specially the number of entries, file size, maximum witdh/heigth etc...
Same rules, same fun.
I think this has already been said, but I guess it needs repeating. Someone from the committee needs to post the final rules - even if they are the same as last year - in their entirely on the first post of this thread. This includes the final decision on the timeline, rules for submissions, categories, etc. I have no problem with the one volunteering to take charge making the final decisions, but they have to be stated clearly so everyone understands them.

What is showing right now on the first post is hardly visible. I read it twice and skip right by it. I actually saw it the THIRD time I looked at the first post.

Also, when you stated "same rules", does that mean same as the 2010 cel awards or are you incorporating some of the changes addressed from the 2011 cel genga awards such as the category change to Death/Dying versus Death only since sometimes the character didn't actually die. Accessory was clarified to be with or without the character. I don't remember if there were others. You can just incorporate which way you want to go with these categories in the category description. But until these official rules are posted, it will be hard for anyone to know if they are following the rules and how they need to proceed. And if I understand the posts correctly, the submission clock has already started. SO PLEASE CLARIFY THE RULES FOR 2011 CEL CONTEST! Otherwise, there will probably be a low turnout which takes away from the fun of this event.
Yes, I’m very unclear on the rules we’re following as well as the time and dates for the contest. Please add this information to the first post of the thread, once it’s up I can also add it to the gallery for you if you would like me to :wink: )
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: 2011 Annual Cel contest (settings thread)

Post by Quacker »

At the moment, I tend to agree with D123 - this feels very rushed. It has only been a little over a week since services were first offered to co-ordinate and we are already up to the sub-mission stage?
As wrote up, no problem to expand the schedule according to this calendar event, till we stay in the mid-December deadline, that fits
Iceman's goal is to have the event finalized by the 15th December - I can respect that since he offered his services. That provides 4weeks to fit an A-B award schedule into while acknowledging the holiday of Thanksgiving (so exclude the time between the 22nd - 26th from any deadlines - I have mates over in the US who have repeatedly advised that Thanksgiving is two days travelling, two days partying/feasting & two days recovering......?!.

How would the following schedule suit everyone:

17th November - Submission period opens.
28th November - Submission period closes.
This provides members with at least a fortnight to decide upon & submit their entries.
29th Nov. to 1st Dec. - Entries checked for eligibility & uploaded to RS Gallery site.
2nd December - Viewing (non-voting) opens.
5th December - Voting period officially opens.
10th December - Voting period closes.
10th, 11th, 12th December - Votes are counted & tabulated by committee members.
13th December - Trophy Design
13th/14th - Official results released publicly to forum.
15th-16th December - back-up days incase they are required.

Have official rules been posted up for this year's event; I cannot seem to locate them. I realise that it is 'the same as last year', but we have had quite a few new members join Beta over the past 12months who may not be overly familiar with the AB award rules.
The later submission start date hopefully provides Benoit with enough time to literally blitz & spread the word about the upcoming A-B awards, try to attract as many members as possible to enter while putting to rest & clearing any confusion that may still be around.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

That looks a lot like my suggestion, only it would end a few days earlier. The submission period doesn't need to be closed until next week, people can already send in their entries if they want in case they are unable to closer to the deadline.

I agree that we need clear rules and a schedule.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Yupa wrote:The submission period doesn't need to be closed until next week, people can already send in their entries if they want in case they are unable to closer to the deadline.
See, this isn’t a good idea I have no clue what’s going. :?

Like a lot of others I’m sure, I haven’t sent anything in and I doubt I will unless this confusion is settled :(
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Yes I know, we'll have to wait for Iceman to update the first post and clear all confusion so that we can start.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Kid's asleep now, so I'm availablea again, give me an hour to set up all of this according to US citizens bank holidays requirements.
Both schedules are correct to keep a mid-December deadline, working on a mix of both suggestion.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Will you please add the categories and their descriptions along with which type of cel can be entered in each category(similar to previous years) to your "Rules" thread? It would also be helpful to have the links to previous contests as a reminder what has won in the past.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Updated with categories.