2013 Cel Contest: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: 2013 Cel Contest: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by 90sKid »

I also want to thank all those who worked on this event/participated in it. This is a really awesome contest and it's so fun to see all the amazing works of art. I want to give an extra thank you to those who put it together since without you guys there would be no contest! :) Thanks again for holding such a fun event!
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

Thank you to the organizers for all your hard work and taking the time to have the Anime Beta Awards. It was a lot of fun and also nice seeing all that artwork this year. Congrats to all that won something, but I also want to say that all of the artwork was amazing (including for the worst category). Hopefully there will be a sketch award this year, too.
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

Congratulations to the winners! I had fun voting this year!!!

Thanks to Sensei and team for putting on a great show !
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
Nehelenia
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Nehelenia »

Thanks everyone for voting my cels, you made me really happy. Most of the cels in the contest made me jealous ^^;
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

Thank you Sensei, zerospace, rosesleep, bulleta, BuraddoRun, graymouser, kathpatty, Rekka Alexiel, star-phoenix, and all others who helped put on this great event. /no1

Also, thank you to everyone who voted for my entries.

And congratulations to all the other winners. :yay

For anyone interested in series IDs, the following is a list of my entries with their show titles and vintage:

Death 1st Place: Spriggan, 2000
Hanken 2nd Place: Yotoden, 1988
Harmony Entry #3: Lupin III, 1971-
Heroic 1st Place: Casshan: Robot Hunter, 1993
Insanity 1st Place:Koutetsu Sangokushi, 2007
Love Entry #5: MegaZone 23 part II, 1985
Animated Entry #1: MagneRobo: Ga-Keen, 1976
Hentai 3rd Place: Lady Blue (Inju Gakuen EX), 1994
Yuri-chan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Yuri-chan »

I'd like to echo what everyone else has said, thank you to Sensei and all involved in the Awards this year!

I'm so surprised to have won any awards at all, so thank you to all who voted for my pieces! ^.^

Also, congratulations to all who won an award! There was so many beautiful pieces!

Finally, I'd like to mention how stunningly beautiful the Awards themselves are this year! Thank you Bulleta! ^.^ I also liked how the main theme of the site incorporated in so many different and diverse series, just like the awards do.
Sue
Kamisama - God

Post by Sue »

A big thank all those who worked on this event and or participated in it.
This was my first time entering cels, although I think I voted before, since I always love looking at all the great stuff. : )
Thanks esp. to Zerospace for all your coding work through the years, was very easy to submit and was a nice layout as well.

Was finally able to post my award after I figured out what i was doing wrong on rs. : )

Thanks again,

Kelly/Sue
bulleta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by bulleta »

Yuri-chan wrote: Finally, I'd like to mention how stunningly beautiful the Awards themselves are this year! Thank you Bulleta! ^.^ I also liked how the main theme of the site incorporated in so many different and diverse series, just like the awards do.
Aw, thank you. :) Just for clarity's sake, rosesleep designed the site banner - so kudos for that goes to her. Just in case that wasn't clear. I just made the awards. I don't want to steal anyone's thunder. :wink:

I'm sure all of you Rubbersluggers are aware, but if you're having problems uploading your awards - it's because I believe Rubberslug doesn't allow you to upload gifs (even though I think it says it does - is that right?). But... I made the awards that way anyway in the event that that ever gets fixed... though I'm sort of doubtful of that. :roll: Or so anyone who doesn't use a RS site could have the transparency the gif allows. Like me. :D So you'll just need to re-save them as jpgs to upload. That's what I've seen a few people doing.
LunaArt
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by LunaArt »

I'm a little late to the party (as usual :(), but I also wanted to give everyone involved (organizing, creating graphics, supplying/helping with the code, etc., etc., etc.) with this year's Cel Contest a huge THANK YOU!!! :yourock: for all your hard work. And a big thanks to everyone who voted in this year's contest. I truly appreciate the votes sent my way. :) I hated that I had to miss last year's contest and was glad to be able to participate again this time.

There were many very hard categories to vote in, but I have to say the hardest, imo, was the OP/ED/Eyecatch section. So many gorgeous and detailed cels that I couldn't take my eyes off of - it was so hard to decide which one to vote for. Congrats to all the winners and the participants this year!! I'm just curious, how many Betarians in total voted this year (or was this already posted somewhere)?
~Luna-Art >^.^<

Rubberslug version: http://lunaart.rubberslug.com
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Thanks, LunaArt, and all others who posted kind words about the contest. I was worried when I took it on, but it was indeed a very, very smooth event that really demonstrated the cooperation this bunch can show.

As I read the stats, we had fifty-five voters in the standard categories, and up to fifty in the optional ones as well, so it was a pretty good turnout, both in entries and in votes.