2013 Cel Contest: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: 2013 Cel Contest: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by HigurashiArchives »

Frosty wrote:WOWH, I did not think to get so many trophies! :bounce
Thank's to the organizers and thanks to all who voted for my cels, I am glad you liked them :)
I know I am a rare visitor here but I try to be here as often as my time allows, maybe just reading :D
The contest is a good possibility to view many good cels and artwork at one place.
Congrats! I voted for a couple of your cels from what I can see. Loved your entry for "Rage" lol. Nothing says rage like smashing someone with a chair lol. http://youtu.be/Tm_iIzuHkoM?t=17s
Frosty
Anime Geek

Post by Frosty »

HigurashiArchives wrote: Congrats! I voted for a couple of your cels from what I can see. Loved your entry for "Rage" lol. Nothing says rage like smashing someone with a chair lol. http://youtu.be/Tm_iIzuHkoM?t=17s
THANK'S!!! :cheers
It's Better to Burn Out than to Fade Away!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Congrats to all the winners and thank you to everyone who voted for my various cels. :)
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

I love looking at the entries in this contest because it is always so neat to see so many neat cels :)
Thank you very much to the people who voted on my cels, I really appreciate it. ^_^
That was me when I found out --> :bounce
Congrats to everyone who won :D

Thanks to everyone who ran the contest and set this up. It seemed to run as smooth as silk.
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

This was lots of fun, both helping out and participating. And, as a newbie, I'm happy to have won a 2nd place and a couple of 3rds. Thanks to those who voted for my cels!
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Starfighter »

Thank you all for voting for my cels. This was a very well thought of contest. Didn't see any flame wars , which in my option means it was a success. I want to thank everyone who made the anme-beta awards a huge success. Thanks again and looking forward to many more awesome awards in the future

Starfighter
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

Tried to post before but didn't. I was wondering the "male" section does not have a second place winner listed. Any reason?
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

According to Submission Rules #11, when two cels tie for #1, there is no #2 award, but only a #3. Likewise if there is one #1 but two cels tie for #2, there is no #3.

In a special case that we had to adjudicate among the admin. team, one category had one #1 and one #2, but then there were three cels tied for what would have been #3. But if we'd given these awards, there would have been just one cel left over without a trophy. And thus the owner would have known s/he had just received the much-dreaded "Worst in this Category" :tongue :flipa :tongue non-award.

The tradition of the cel awards is that no cel is ever identified as "Worst in Category," so we agreed to award only #1 and #2 this year in that slot.
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

sensei wrote:According to Submission Rules #11, when two cels tie for #1, there is no #2 award, but only a #3. Likewise if there is one #1 but two cels tie for #2, there is no #3.
I see! Makes sense. Thank you!
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Wow, thanks much for those who voted for a couple of my stuff--that was a complete surprise to see some of them win today! :D 嬉しい、本当 :D

This was the first ever contest to both contribute and participate in for me, so although I've been around here for quite some time now, there are still many things in which I can be a complete noob in. heh Thanks for everyone who helped me learn the ropes and again an apology for not being as active in the process as I really wished I could have been. There's always next year, right? :)

Congrats to everyone who posted artwork in this year's contest!! And whether you won or not, there were some really great additions this year! It was awesome to see so many great pieces of art this way! :bounce
Frosty
Anime Geek

Post by Frosty »

sensei wrote: The tradition of the cel awards is that no cel is ever identified as "Worst in Category," so we agreed to award only #1 and #2 this year in that slot.
But maybe the "worst in category cel" in the category "Worst" should get a special price ... :D :wink:
It's Better to Burn Out than to Fade Away!
sensei

Post by sensei »

Frosty wrote:But maybe the "worst in category cel" in the category "Worst" should get a special prize ...
Well, that might require a new category: "Mediocre." Most low-end cels are just ... bleah ... unmemorable. Generic head shots, blinkies, partials, off-center, more plastic than paint. But a few cels are just so immediately, memorably, bizarrely bad. Those are the ones the category was invented to showcase.

I think of the poetry anthology The Stuffed Owl, which is made up of the works composed by great poets on their bad days. (The title poem is a wonderfully crafted sonnet by Wordsworth that makes one stare, giggle in disbelief, then finally ROTFL.) The point made by the anthologist is that mediocre poetry is not difficult to find. But the genuinely horrific poem takes a certain genius to write.

This is why "Earth Girl Arjuna" is not just uninspired anime, but truly, genuinely, unforgettably bad. (And with the Yoko Kanno soundtrack to prove it.)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Many thanks to all those who organized and worked so hard behind the scenes to make this contest happen again this year. I know you all gave up quite a bit of your time to make everything run smoothly. :yourock: And the trophies are adorable! Anime Betty -- I love it! /lv Many thanks, as well, to everyone who entered. As always, that is what makes this contest fun: seeing so many different cels all together like that. It's always a kick taking the time to browse through all the entries in order to really and truly enjoy every piece.

And, finally, a huge, huge THANK YOU (!!) to anyone who voted for one of my entries. I appreciate it. :)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Loved the trophy design this time around. I thought it was really cute.

Thanks again to those that organized the contest and helped out in whatever way. And, of course, a big thanks to those who submitted artwork and those who voted. Thanks to all those that voted for my artwork - I was really surprised to win anything as there was a lot of excellent artwork this time around.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I wasn't expecting the winners to be announced even before scheduled time. Big Thanks to the organizers swift and smooth work for making this event a success! and Thanks to the voters and other participants! its this one(two if theres sketch event) time of the year where collectors actually are able to get together and participate in one fun event makes it so meaningful and enjoyable :)