Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest 2016!!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest 2016!!!

Post by nowherekid85 »

xan wrote: Just to metro con back in 2014 I think. I don't do well in crowds on my own lol...
You may have seen me there then!! :D I love Metrocon! If you need a con buddy just let me know! I go there with a bunch of people.
xan

Re: Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest 2016!!!

Post by xan »

nowherekid85 wrote:
xan wrote: Just to metro con back in 2014 I think. I don't do well in crowds on my own lol...
You may have seen me there then!! :D I love Metrocon! If you need a con buddy just let me know! I go there with a bunch of people.
Actually that could be helpful to fight my anxiety ^^"
In Search Of Seichi

An anime cel gallery
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest 2016!!! ACCEPTING ENTRIES!!!

Post by nowherekid85 »

Ok I'll let you know when I go to one!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Three entrants so far (including myself), yay! The earlier you submit, the better, so it's less of a rush at the very end!
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I just submitted mine! It was very hard to pick for the categories this year since i have not purchased anything new for about 9 months now. We will be moving back to California next year. So, no plans for new art until we get there! :D
Trudy
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Trudy »

I'll definitely be entering, no worries! I'm just trying to get together some last-minute re-scans of pieces I have up in my gallery. I'm also waiting to see if some of the cels I just purchased are going to be in in time for entry.

Query: should I upload the images as attachments to the e-mail, or is it okay to include the link in Rubberslug of the piece in question? If the former, I'm assuming it'd be helpful to have the filename be the name of the category in question?

Thanks!
Actively Collecting:
Escaflowne, Gokinjo Monogatari, Infinite Ryvius, Record of Lodoss War, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Looking for select cels from:
CardCaptor Sakura, Daria, Fushigi Yuugi, Gall Force, Gokinjo Monogatari, Gunsmith Cats, Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl, Kaito St. Tail, Magic Knight Rayearth, Oniisama E, Please Save My Earth, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Looking for production artwork from:
Ashita no Nadja, Full Metal Panic!, Juuni Kokki, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, NANA, Princess Tutu
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Trudy wrote:I'll definitely be entering, no worries! I'm just trying to get together some last-minute re-scans of pieces I have up in my gallery. I'm also waiting to see if some of the cels I just purchased are going to be in in time for entry.

Query: should I upload the images as attachments to the e-mail, or is it okay to include the link in Rubberslug of the piece in question? If the former, I'm assuming it'd be helpful to have the filename be the name of the category in question?

Thanks!
Yes please just add them as attachments. I put a post earlier about how most people submit their entries, which seems to be the easiest way. Sometimes long file names give me trouble when I try to upload to RS, so the shorter the better (as in one word), otherwise I might have to go and rename them all.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Good, I still have time. I'll be sure to submit some things soon :D .
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LOL 20 days and counting of course we prefer entries get in early so that we have time to get them in and are not doing crunchtime at the end!

Thanks,
Tara
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I've uploaded everything to the RS gallery. Here's what we have for each category to kind of give you an idea.
Three or more entries-At least one award can be given and the category is safe from being cut!
Only one or two entries-No award can be given, and the category is in danger of being cut.
Zero entries-No award can be given and the category will be cut if it stays at zero at the end.

Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. (C, R, SH)
Action - Scenes of action, movement, motion. (C, R, SH)
Background - No characters allowed. (C, P, R, SH)
Bliss - Dreamy, joyful, heavenly, euphoric. (C, R, SH)
Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead. (C, R, SH)
Chibi/Superdeformed - Characters drawn in a semi-deformed, comical style (C, R, SH)
Femininity - Delicacy, gentleness, maidenly (C, R, SH)
Fight - The grudge matches that we all know and love! (C, R, SH)
Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! (C, R, SH)
Funny - Laugh out loud moments. (C, R, SH)
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) (C, R, SH)
Group - Art of two or more characters. (C, R, SH)
Grumpy - The Grouches aka Resting Bitch Face... (C, R, SH)
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. (C, H, P, O)
Heroic - White knight saves the day. (C, R, SH)
Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness) (C, R, SH)
Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. (C, R, SH)
Muscles - Beef, brawn flesh, sinew, tendon. (C, R, SH)
Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. (C, R, SH)
Mech and Tech - Robots, vehicles, ships, cars, gundams, Oh MY! (C, R, SH)
Monochrome/Weird Coloring - Those scenes that require you to see the world through a different lense... Must be oddly colored, black and white, or shades of all the same color. (C, R, SH)
Outfit - Best dressed, emphasis on clothes and costumes. (C, R, SH)
Rage - Mad, angry, extreme agitation. (C, R, SH)
Shocked - Stunned, horrified, utter dismay. (C, R, SH)
Sorrow - Tear-jerkers, sadness. (C, R, SH)
Tranquility - Characters who have found inner peace or a welcome opportunity to unwind. (C, R, SH)
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These cels are not allowed in any other category. (C, R)
Villainy! - Love evil things? Show off your Villainesses and Villains, only requirement is they must be irredeemably evil! (C, R, SH)

OPTIONAL - Eyes on Me, Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Novel Set-Up - Cel or cels with an UNMATCHING background that creates an original image. The background must be an original production item (not photocopied or Photoshopped). (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating! (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because it's someones back, this is the category for you!) (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Fan Cel - Back by popular demand! A cel produced by someone not in the industry, must be fan made could be done by yourself or any fan artist! (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Model Cel - Requested Test category... The cels used to model your favorite characters for the Cel Painters! (MC)
OPTIONAL - Sexy - Male, Female... Whatever! Whatever gets your motors revving! This I know is a highly subjective category we shall test it out and see how it goes! (C, R, SH)
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ginta »

Aren't these definitions of bliss and tranquility the same thing? I can't tell them apart.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Ginta wrote:Aren't these definitions of bliss and tranquility the same thing? I can't tell them apart.
Yeah they're pretty close. Although tranquility is more calm and bliss is a more excited kind of happy.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Three more categories have been marked safe!

I've uploaded everything to the RS gallery. Here's what we have for each category to kind of give you an idea.
Three or more entries-At least one award can be given and the category is safe from being cut!
Only one or two entries-No award can be given, and the category is in danger of being cut.
Zero entries-No award can be given and the category will be cut if it stays at zero at the end.

Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. (C, R, SH)
Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead. (C, R, SH)
Chibi/Superdeformed - Characters drawn in a semi-deformed, comical style (C, R, SH)
Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! (C, R, SH)
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) (C, R, SH)
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. (C, H, P, O)
Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness) (C, R, SH)
Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. (C, R, SH)
Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. (C, R, SH)
Monochrome/Weird Coloring - Those scenes that require you to see the world through a different lense... Must be oddly colored, black and white, or shades of all the same color. (C, R, SH)
Tranquility - Characters who have found inner peace or a welcome opportunity to unwind. (C, R, SH)
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These cels are not allowed in any other category. (C, R)
Villainy! - Love evil things? Show off your Villainesses and Villains, only requirement is they must be irredeemably evil! (C, R, SH)

OPTIONAL - Eyes on Me, Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Novel Set-Up - Cel or cels with an UNMATCHING background that creates an original image. The background must be an original production item (not photocopied or Photoshopped). (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating! (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because it's someones back, this is the category for you!) (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Fan Cel - Back by popular demand! A cel produced by someone not in the industry, must be fan made could be done by yourself or any fan artist! (C, R, SH)
OPTIONAL - Model Cel - Requested Test category... The cels used to model your favorite characters for the Cel Painters! (MC)
OPTIONAL - Sexy - Male, Female... Whatever! Whatever gets your motors revving! This I know is a highly subjective category we shall test it out and see how it goes! (C, R, SH)
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

13 days left to submit.

Zero entries-No award can be given and the category will be cut.

Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

With the numbers - 12 DAYS LEFT!!!

Two entries just one AWAY! -No award can be given, and the category is in danger of being cut.
On to Zero entries-No award can be given and the category will be cut.

Accessory - 4 Entries
Action - 4 Entries

Background - 2 Entries
Bliss - 1 Entry
Blood on the Ground - 2 Entries
Chibi/Superdeformed - 0 Entries
Femininity - 3 Entries
Fight - 2 Entries
Tomboys - 2 Entries

Funny - 3 Entries
FURRIES - 3 Entries
Group - 5 Entries