Industry Art vs. Separate Categories

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.

Two Separate Categories, or just One?

Poll ended at Sat May 22, 2010 10:35 am

Comic/Manga Art & Shikishi/Autograph (separate)
63%
Industry Art (combination)
37%

Total votes: 19

ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Industry Art vs. Separate Categories

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Per the request, here is a poll to determine whether or not Comic/Manga art should have its own category (this would also give Shikishi/Autograph its own, as well)...or should all of these be lumped together as Industry Art?

Comic/Manga Art AND Shikishi/Autograph

---OR---

Industry Art
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Hmmm...the only argument I have against splitting up the two is that, at least during the last contest, there were only a handful of entries in the "Industry Art" category. To split up an already small category into two smaller categories(only to have both either eliminated and/or feature less awards) might not work well.

So, would concept art also go under manga/comic pages or would that be considered as shikishi /hmm
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Well, I voted to keep the categories separate like the last sketch awards.

I think they look as different as settei and storyboards; and are hard (for me anyway) to compare to each other :wow:

I think a lot of the comic/manga people didn't enter because the category was in the cel awards before, and fewer people entered things in the sketch awards...

Shikishi didn't seem to have a shortage of entrants as a stand alone category :)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Well...we're at a tie, right now. I hope a number of other people vote before this poll closes (7 days after it started).
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I voted to keep them separate for the same reason as irmgaard. :)