2011 Anime Beta Sketch Awards Rules & Info

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: 2011 Anime Beta Sketch Awards Rules & Info

Post by zerospace »

You can't see the trophies on the site other than via the download page because there's no generic trophy image for the site to display on the winners pages. It is up to the organizers if they want to create generic 1st, 2nd, and 3rd images to be displayed next to the winners thumbnails on the winners page(s). Only the download page actually displays the individual trophies, because that, too, is optional on the site (the organizers can simply choose to use generic images rather than personalized ones -- though most use personalized).

Just FYI ;).

Thanks for getting the trophies done and posted to the site. :D

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. Bulleta and I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to figure out why Photoshop refuses to open these files. Internet Explorer for me also doesn't seem to like them, either. First, we noticed that if you download the individual trophies (not via ZIP), Firefox will attempt to save them as Yourname_1st_Category.gif.jpg. First problem. We found that Photoshop produces errors opening them if you just try to open them with GIF extensions, so we tried Illustrator -- it works. Paint works, too. But, if you just save the file as a jpg when you download them from the site, everything seems OK. (Or, do what we did, just open the image in your browser by clicking the "download this trophy" link and then drag it to your desktop, it will save as a JPG and Photoshop will open the file).

So, long story short -- there is something weird with these graphics files, folks ;). YMMV, but my thumbnail generator on my gallery site spews errors like crazy when trying to make thumbnails out of them.

Iceman -- got any thoughts on this?
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Files generated with Photoshop CS5 using standard JPEG level 8 compression, can't be more compatible than that... no idea about the software you do use, works fine here even with Microsoft picture viewer.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

So they're JPGs, then. Got it. ;) It appears that they were uploaded to the site with GIF extensions, which seems to be the issue. JPG extensions should work fine on the downloads page (I just looked at the original site code to see if I actually made a mistake in the code, but the downloads page does not look at file extension at all), its just the winners pages that absolutely require GIFs as of now -- but those pages aren't the issue here.

Anyhoo.. in case anyone else runs into this, just don't use the ZIP file download, as it will save the files as GIFs and will confuse the heck out of Photoshop. Save the trophies individually as JPG files and all will be fine :).
Gabe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Gabe »

About the extensions it should be fixed now.
Feel free to re-download your trophy.