Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Winners ANNOUNCED!!!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Winners ANNOUNCED!!!

Post by majinuub »

First off, I want to apologize if I caused some kind of ripple effect in the water(on the plus side I bought out a lurker :P ).

I always thought the reason BL/GL related art was placed with the hentai section is due to people being sensitive over them, like hentai. My suggestion was simply add to the future rules that non-explicit art from said category can be entered into other categories if the person feels that it has a chance in other categories.

@AO: I have thought of this as well which is why I was hesitant to make a post about it. The amount of (active) hentai collectors here have declined over the years and this category will definitely take a hit if what I suggested happens.

@JD: I will echo everyone's sentiments and say thank you for deciding to run the awards this year and I hope that my posts didn't deter you from any possibilities of running it again.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks @JWR, in complete agreement ^_^

@cutiebunny - GAHH! That sounds like a crazy nightmare! I can't even imagine ^_^ Smut LOL I like it! ^_^

@Majinuub - Thanks again and no worries, after murdering myself with back to back contests... I don't think I am up to doing the sketch contest again in 2016, I am definitely game to run the cel contest for 2015 again at the end of the year, but I cannot do both contests. Someone else will have to take the reigns for the sketch contest. I don't mind maybe volunteering to be cheerleader,and be available to anyone who chooses to take it up but there is no way I am going to be able to spearhead both. Part of the problem is the timing I am insanely busy in the first quarter of the year, and the 2nd and 3rd quarter aren't much better. Also the 2nd and 3rd Quarter are the start of con season and I am planning on doing more cons this year so I am not able to mark out time to do both.

Each contest needs at least a month or two of your free time and sacrifices need to be made that I just can't give. I also have a huge stack of art that needs to be put in my RS and my gallery has definitely been neglected these last few months. I know everyone is thinking didn't she just put up a butload of CCS art... Well take that number and like triple it that is how much that still needs to be scanned, documented and put away. I come home from work everyday take a look at it and go... nah I'd rather snuggle my puppy instead. I don't know if it's because the contests are such a time suck so I am celed out but I do know I need the next few months to recharge a bit get the gallery back under control. (There was a point last year when I had EVERYTHING up, it was amazing!) ^_^

So in the meantime Best of Show Voting is still running till the end of the month I only have 12 Votes so far, and I know there were more entrants than that, go out and vote peoples!

JD
:multi :coffee:
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Is the voting period for best in show closed :) ?
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

No, the survey site is still live here:

VOTE FOR BEST IN SHOW!

Because you reminded me that I hadn't, so I ran over to vote. You might want to go in through the link at the RS Sketch Contest Gallery, right-clicking and choosing "Open in New Window" so you can see the voting slots and the thumbnails for the entries at the same time (and revisit full images if necessary).
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

You guys have till the end of the month Saturday! Voting has been light so fellow Beta-ers get out there and make your voice heard! ^_^

Jadeduo
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Come on betarians get to voting :ewhip: .
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Any results for the final trophy?
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Best in Show Results Page!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-8TLLYFLD

The winner is!

With 3 votes:

Apple Seed OVA - Deunan and Briareos (Buliarous) - GuyvarIII

:vict

And the runners up with 2 votes a piece are:

A Tree of Palme - Palme - Sensei

Rahxephon - Quon Kisonargi - Quacker

Tenjou Tenge - Maya - theultimatebrucelee

Weiss Kreuz - Aya - Star-Phoenix

:vict

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!!!

LOL now I've got to find the login to the RS page and get that set up, but I figured I would post here first since everyone has been so patient!

Jadeduo!
:jump