Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Winners ANNOUNCED!!!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Conversation Starter!

Post by sensei »

Jadeduo wrote:Also wouldn't that make a great category? Mashups! - Put your partials together to make a beautiful final image!
Or even think even farther out of the box: a mashup deliberately combining characters from two different animes. Shinku and Kagome, Kyo and Holo, etc.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

nowherekid85 Sounds like we all like the idea of Bronze and Silver winners the chance to shoot for gold again! I am totally with that, so let's say winners of Bronze/Silver Medals won prior to the 2011 Awards will have the chance to shoot for gold again. We will keep the clause if ANY past winners have changed gallery curators hands then they will definitely have the chance to enter their newly acquired piece (well since the time the piece was awarded)

As for the list of things you can do to enhance sketches, I am definitely going to have reach out to our more technically sound Betarians as I have NO IDEA what you can do to a sketch, as I use MS Paint how is that for ancient technology? I would personally be fine with adjusting the exposure and some other settings, or playing with the brightness and contrast. Heck I think those are some things you can even do that is covered in the scanning process... So I kick this one out to the ether. Otherwise I am fine with making those adjustments to the sketch contest.

Sensei - LOL! Could be fun, but I was just thinking of all the really great partials out there that don't get enough play because the only time they are ever united is when a PA Collector takes the time to painstakingly piece them together. I have a great example of this from Sailor Moon S, The sketch is on 4 different pieces of paper I spent well over an hour piecing together her hair/skirt/gloves, body, and two pages of flying rocks onto a final image... http://jadeduo.rubberslug.com/gallery/i ... mID=119087 But we could go for Zany, I like Zany ^_^

YAY Some noise let's keep it up my peeps!

JD :bounce
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Ohh mash ups it sounds like fun and I'll definitely enter if it's there :D . It may not be as popular though since it also sounds time consuming.

I'm going to have to go through rules again but what was the policy concerning repro sketches that were included with official art such as rilezu? Not allowed right?
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Good question Majinuub... It does not seem to be laid out in the rules, but I would think since Reproductions are not allowed in the Cel contest... It would make sense not to allow reproduction sketches... However Rilezus are allowed... I would just say since we are laying everything out, should you have a sketch that came with a Rilezu and it is original you can use it if it is a reproduction do not enter it!

HOWEVER, you should definitely enter the Rilezu in the Cel contest because those are definitely allowed ^_^

JD
:vict
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Rules Revisions...

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

Since I will be accepting entries for the sketch contest starting tomorrow through January 16th, I thought I would repost the rules for approval today! If anyone has ANY issues you need to post now or forever hold your peace!
Official Rule Changes -
CATEGORIES:

(S) = sketch
(H) = Hanken
(MS) = Model Sketch
(P) = Painting (must be on paper)
(A) = Autograph
(Ill) = Illustration
(St) = Storyboard
(Sh) = Shikishi
(Hy) = Hybrid

* indicates optional categories
Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. (S)
Action - Scenes of action, movement, motion.(S)
Background - No characters allowed. (S)
Bliss - Dreamy, joyful, heavenly, euphoric. (S)
Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead.(S)
Comic/Manga Art - Original art from comic artists and manga-kas (S, p, Hy, Ill)
Fan Art - Made by you or another artist. (S, P)
Femininity - Delicacy, gentleness, maidenly (S)
Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! (S)
Funny - Laugh out loud moments. (S)
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) (S)
Group - Art of two or more characters. (S)
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. (H)
Heroic - Hero/Heroine saves the day! Heroically! (S)
Hybrid - Artwork that incorporates original artwork with xeroxed work. More than 50% of the drawing must be original art. Hybrid artwork is not allowed in any other category. (Hy)
Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness) (S)
Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. (S)
Mech and Tech - Robots, vehicles, ships, cars, gundams, Oh MY! (S)
Muscles - Beef, brawn flesh, sinew, tendon. (S)
Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. (S)
Outfit - Best dressed, emphasis on clothes and costumes. (S)
Rage - Mad, angry, extreme agitation. (S)
Shikishii/Signatures - Original signatures and/or artwork drawn by industry artists. Only the artist's signature and accompanying sketch are allowed for submission, all other images must be cropped out.
Shocked - Stunned, horrified, utter dismay. (S)
Sorrow - Tear-jerkers, sadness. (S)
Special Effect - Power bursts, transformation effects, etc. (S)
Tranquility - Characters who have found their inner peace. (S)
Villainy - Archenemies, evil scientists, meanies, wicked bad guys. (S)
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These sketches are not allowed in any other category. (S).

OPTIONAL: Animated - Short sequences of animated artwork. (S)
OPTIONAL: Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating! (S, H)
OPTIONAL: Settei - Characters, items or scenery. Settei are not allowed in any other category. (MS)
OPTIONAL: Back to the Start - The initial draft of how the sequence should run. (St)
OPTIONAL: Ah! My Eyes! Mye Eyes! - The ugliest, most poorly drawn sketch you own. No random body-part submissions, please! Seriously hideous artwork only. (S)
OPTIONAL: Eyes on Me - Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. (S)
OPTIONAL: Mash-ups! - Those partial sketches which are nothing without all their parts, or go Zany a creative mash-up of sketches from different animes! (i.e. multiple sketches in one image only exists on the internet)
OPTIONAL: POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because its someones back, this is the category for you!) (S)

ELIGIBILITY RULES

1.) You must be a registered member of Anime-Beta by the start of the submission process.
2.) You must physically own all artwork that you submit. You may not submit artwork which has been sold, or for which a sale is pending. Submitted artwork does not have to be posted in your online gallery.
3.) Submitted artwork may not include watermarks or any other type of 'tag' that could affiliate it with a gallery or owner.
4.) If you submit artwork for consideration in this contest, you must vote for all categories. The only exceptions are the optional categories. These categories are both optional to vote in and optional to submit artwork to. However, you submit artwork to an optional category, you must vote in that category.
5.) Even if you do not submit artwork, you may still vote in any or all of the categories.

SUBMISSION RULES

1.) Participants are eligible to enter the contest in 9 standard categories and 3 optional categories, for a total of 12 pieces of artwork submitted.
2.) While a participant may choose to enter 12 pieces of artwork, you are not required to submit twelve items. You may enter fewer items.
3.) In order to cut down on bandwidth usage, please limit your entries to the following dimensions:

I am VERY reasonable about size requirements, and am not going to be a fiddly crazy person. So just be reasonable and keep in mind that Survey Monkey does limit the size of the upload for each image and sometimes it is resized without my permission. If you have any concerns with how your piece looks in the voting survey, please bring it to my attention I will do everything I can to accommodate you!

Standard: 600 pixels wide, 300kb in size
Horizontal pan: 800 pixels wide, 300kb in size
Vertical pan: 800 pixels high, 300kb in size
Animated: same pixel restrictions as above, size limit is increased to 800k.

4.) Artwork which was previously entered into the Anime-Beta Awards is eligible for re-entry, provided that the winning piece has changed owners. If you choose to submit a previous winning piece, you must e-mail the contest coordinator before submitting it. This way, the organizer knows the piece has changed owners and that it is a qualified entry. If you do not e-mail the coordinator, your entry will be disqualified. Please check previous awards websites carefully.
4a.) New rule all Silver and Bronze winners from 2011 back are allowed to re-enter and try for gold, I will only be checking entries against the gold winners, no winners from the 2013 Sketch contest are allowed to re-enter for 2015. Gold/First Place winners cannot try again unless the piece has changed hands.
5.) Sequence mates of previous winners will be allowed if there is a substantial difference between the two. If a cel has won in previous contests it's matching Douga cannot be entered into the sketch contest. Please inform the contest coordinator which piece you are submitting a sequence mate of. You may not submit a sequence mate if you also own the previous winning piece.
6.) Sequence mates in the same category are not permitted. Whoever submits the artwork first will be given a spot in that category. If you submit a sequence mate to an item that is already in a category, you will have the chance to re-submit another item in lieu of the repeated piece.
7.) If a category has only four entries, only #1 and #2 awards will be given. If a category has only three entries, only a #1 award will be given. Categories with fewer than three entries 24 hours before the beginning of voting will be eliminated. Contestants will have the chance to re-submit artwork to another category.
8.) Modification and/or enhancement of images is not permitted. The only exception is for oversized images requiring multiple scans. You may piece these scans together to make a complete image. Because sketches are generally harder to scan, i.e. pencil does not scan too well at times, basic modifications are allowed, brightness, contrast, and others depending on your image editing software, you may not however mash together any partials to make one image all sketches must be originally on the same piece of paper. This rule, however, DOES NOT apply to the category Mash-ups!. Final decisions are up to the contest runner...
9.) When there are tie votes, awards will be given in the following ways:
two #1, no #2, one #3
one #1, two #2, no #3
one #1, one #2, two #3
two #1, two #3.
one #1, three #2

SCHEDULE:

December 13-31: Preliminary stuff, finalizing of categories/roles, final changes to rules, timeline and list of tasks approved.
January 1-16: Submit Entries
January 17-18: Viewing Period
January 19-31: Voting Period
Winners announced: February 15th

Best in Show Voting: February 15th – 28th
Winner Announced: March 1st

Also finalized roles I still have some openings for staff on the 2014/2015 Sketch Awards!

1. Organizer - In Charge of Survey Monkey Surveys/Monitoring - Jadeduo
2. RS Site Creator to announce/post awards. (Person will also be responsible for creating graphics for the awards site.) Sensei has tentatively volunteered for this please confirm! If Sensei is unable to do this, Milestogo has volunteered as backup!
3. Awards Creator, responsible for creating awards and uploading them to RS - NEED A VOLUNTEER!!!
4. Site Testing/Error Checker for both SurveyMonkey, Rubberslug, and will double check the math on all tie breaks, per the tie break rules set down by Beta. Majinuub has volunteered for 4 or 5, if someone has a preference for one or the other please let me know! Majinuub, if no one volunteers for either of these could you take the Site Tester/Error Checker Role and we can split time monitoring the contest thread?
5. Contest Post Monitor/Institutional Memory Person.

Thanks EVERYONE FOR CHECKING THE POST! Make some noise!

JD
:multi
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Jadeduo wrote:Good question Majinuub... It does not seem to be laid out in the rules, but I would think since Reproductions are not allowed in the Cel contest... It would make sense not to allow reproduction sketches... However Rilezus are allowed... I would just say since we are laying everything out, should you have a sketch that came with a Rilezu and it is original you can use it if it is a reproduction do not enter it!

HOWEVER, you should definitely enter the Rilezu in the Cel contest because those are definitely allowed ^_^

JD
:vict
Actually repros were allowed in cel contest as I recall seeing a few from series, such as Naruto, a few years back. I believe this was to accommodate the collectors of the newer shows. I wasn't planning on entering said sketch into the contest. I was mainly asking for people who may own only these type of sketches and I think those are the only kind of sketches that come with rilezus(someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't mind splitting the work with no. 5 :) .
sensei

Post by sensei »

Perhaps the issue is with the "clean-up sketches" that sometimes come with rilezu? Like the one that came with my Haibane Renmei piece?

Personally, I think we could get very fussy in a counterproductive way about whether clean-up sketches are as "authentic" as production dougas. A purist would say that the douga went under the camera and appears (digitally colorized) on the screen in the actual series, while the clean-up sketch was only used as preparation for tracing/painting the repro cel. But I'd take the more liberal tack and say that both sketches are part of the industry of making and promoting anime. (Hanken also are "inauthentic" as they promote shows but aren't used to make them.) And the less work the organizers do as gatekeepers, accepting and rejecting applications for arcane reasons (in my opinion), the better the contest will run.

Just my 75 yen (the rate is better now, so I'm feeling expansive)

Yes, I'm still willing to create and design the display gallery.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

Let's get this sucker started!

OK the people have spoken sketches that come with Rilezu are allowed, but keep in mind that bars the Rilezu from being entered if the sketch wind for at least couple of years due to the rule change!
Official Rule Changes -
CATEGORIES:

(S) = sketch
(H) = Hanken
(MS) = Model Sketch
(P) = Painting (must be on paper)
(A) = Autograph
(Ill) = Illustration
(St) = Storyboard
(Sh) = Shikishi
(Hy) = Hybrid

Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. (S)
Action - Scenes of action, movement, motion.(S)
Background - No characters allowed. (S)
Bliss - Dreamy, joyful, heavenly, euphoric. (S)
Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead.(S)
Comic/Manga Art - Original art from comic artists and manga-kas (S, p, Hy, Ill)
Fan Art - Made by you or another artist. (S, P)
Femininity - Delicacy, gentleness, maidenly (S)
Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! (S)
Funny - Laugh out loud moments. (S)
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) (S)
Group - Art of two or more characters. (S)
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. (H)
Heroic - Hero/Heroine saves the day! Heroically! (S)
Hybrid - Artwork that incorporates original artwork with xeroxed work. More than 50% of the drawing must be original art. Hybrid artwork is not allowed in any other category. (Hy)
Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness) (S)
Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. (S)
Mech and Tech - Robots, vehicles, ships, cars, gundams, Oh MY! (S)
Muscles - Beef, brawn flesh, sinew, tendon. (S)
Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. (S)
Outfit - Best dressed, emphasis on clothes and costumes. (S)
Rage - Mad, angry, extreme agitation. (S)
Shikishii/Signatures - Original signatures and/or artwork drawn by industry artists. Only the artist's signature and accompanying sketch are allowed for submission, all other images must be cropped out.
Shocked - Stunned, horrified, utter dismay. (S)
Sorrow - Tear-jerkers, sadness. (S)
Special Effect - Power bursts, transformation effects, etc. (S)
Tranquility - Characters who have found their inner peace. (S)
Villainy - Archenemies, evil scientists, meanies, wicked bad guys. (S)
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These sketches are not allowed in any other category. (S).

OPTIONAL: Animated - Short sequences of animated artwork. (S)
OPTIONAL: Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating! (S, H)
OPTIONAL: Settei - Characters, items or scenery. Settei are not allowed in any other category. (MS)
OPTIONAL: Back to the Start - The initial draft of how the sequence should run. (St)
OPTIONAL: Ah! My Eyes! Mye Eyes! - The ugliest, most poorly drawn sketch you own. No random body-part submissions, please! Seriously hideous artwork only. (S)
OPTIONAL: Eyes on Me - Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. (S)
OPTIONAL: Mash-ups! - Those partial sketches which are nothing without all their parts, or go Zany a creative mash-up of sketches from different animes! (i.e. multiple sketches in one image only exists on the internet)
OPTIONAL: POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because its someones back, this is the category for you!) (S)

ELIGIBILITY RULES

1.) You must be a registered member of Anime-Beta by the start of the submission process.
2.) You must physically own all artwork that you submit. You may not submit artwork which has been sold, or for which a sale is pending. Submitted artwork does not have to be posted in your online gallery.
3.) Submitted artwork may not include watermarks or any other type of 'tag' that could affiliate it with a gallery or owner.
4.) If you submit artwork for consideration in this contest, you must vote for all categories. The only exceptions are the optional categories. These categories are both optional to vote in and optional to submit artwork to. However, you submit artwork to an optional category, you must vote in that category.
5.) Even if you do not submit artwork, you may still vote in any or all of the categories.

SUBMISSION RULES

1.) Participants are eligible to enter the contest in 9 standard categories and 3 optional categories, for a total of 12 pieces of artwork submitted.
2.) While a participant may choose to enter 12 pieces of artwork, you are not required to submit twelve items. You may enter fewer items.

3.) In order to cut down on bandwidth usage, please limit your entries to the following dimensions:

I am VERY reasonable about size requirements, and am not going to be a fiddly crazy person. So just be reasonable and keep in mind that Survey Monkey does limit the size of the upload for each image and sometimes it is resized without my permission. If you have any concerns with how your piece looks in the voting survey, please bring it to my attention I will do everything I can to accommodate you!

Standard: 600 pixels wide, 300kb in size
Horizontal pan: 800 pixels wide, 300kb in size
Vertical pan: 800 pixels high, 300kb in size
Animated: same pixel restrictions as above, size limit is increased to 800k.

4.) Artwork which was previously entered into the Anime-Beta Awards is eligible for re-entry, provided that the winning piece has changed owners. If you choose to submit a previous winning piece, you must e-mail the contest coordinator before submitting it. This way, the organizer knows the piece has changed owners and that it is a qualified entry. If you do not e-mail the coordinator, your entry will be disqualified. Please check previous awards websites carefully.
4a.) New rule all Silver and Bronze winners from 2011 back are allowed to re-enter and try for gold, I will only be checking entries against the gold winners, no winners from the 2013 Sketch contest are allowed to re-enter for 2015. Gold/First Place winners cannot try again unless the piece has changed hands.
5.) Sequence mates of previous winners will be allowed if there is a substantial difference between the two. If a cel has won in previous contests it's matching Douga cannot be entered into the sketch contest. Please inform the contest coordinator which piece you are submitting a sequence mate of. You may not submit a sequence mate if you also own the previous winning piece.
6.) Sequence mates in the same category are not permitted. Whoever submits the artwork first will be given a spot in that category. If you submit a sequence mate to an item that is already in a category, you will have the chance to re-submit another item in lieu of the repeated piece.
7.) If a category has only four entries, only #1 and #2 awards will be given. If a category has only three entries, only a #1 award will be given. Categories with fewer than three entries 24 hours before the beginning of voting will be eliminated. Contestants will have the chance to re-submit artwork to another category.
8.) Modification and/or enhancement of images is not permitted. The only exception is for oversized images requiring multiple scans. You may piece these scans together to make a complete image. Because sketches are generally harder to scan, i.e. pencil does not scan too well at times, basic modifications are allowed, brightness, contrast, and others depending on your image editing software, you may not however mash together any partials to make one image all sketches must be originally on the same piece of paper. This rule, however, DOES NOT apply to the category Mash-ups!. Final decisions are up to the contest runner...
9.) When there are tie votes, awards will be given in the following ways:
two #1, no #2, one #3
one #1, two #2, no #3
one #1, one #2, two #3
two #1, two #3.
one #1, three #2

SCHEDULE:

December 13-31: Preliminary stuff, finalizing of categories/roles, final changes to rules, timeline and list of tasks approved.
January 1-18: Submit Entries
January 18-19: Viewing Period
January 19-31: Voting Period
Winners announced: February 15th

Best in Show Voting: February 15th – 28th
Winner Announced: March 1st
Also finalized roles for staff on the 2014/2015 Sketch Awards!

1. Organizer - In Charge of Survey Monkey Surveys/Monitoring - Jadeduo
2. RS Site Creator to announce/post awards. Sensei is good to go! - If you need any assistance feel free to PM Milestogo ^_^ She said she would make herself available!

3. Awards Creator, responsible for creating awards and uploading them to RS - Milestogo
4. Site Testing/Error Checker for both SurveyMonkey, Rubberslug, and will double check the math on all tie breaks, per the tie break rules set down by Beta. - Majinuub
5. Contest Post Monitor/Institutional Memory Person. Jadeduo/Majinuub

Entries are going to run the exact same way I ran the cel contest, send entries to: Jadeduo @ gmail.com - with each entry labeled with:

1. Your Beta User ID
2. What Category you are submitting to.
3. Character Name
4. Anime

Keep in mind the most recent Anime TV Show I have watched is Puella Madoka Magica, so I can basically figure out SM/DBZ and some other old school animes however I am not familiar at all with the newer shows. So make this easy on me please label everything as asked! Everyone that has ever run these things knows they are a time suck so the faster I can get done with admin tasks the smoother this will go, also, because I have been behind I will extend the deadline for submissions for a couple of days but I will have to adjust the schedule a smidge...

Thanks all! And Best of Luck to Everyone!
JD
:jump
Last edited by Jadeduo on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milestogo
Anime Geek

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Now ACCEPTING Entries!

Post by milestogo »

Because Sensei's got the Rubberslug site creation I will volunteer for making the awards I've done some digital art editing so it should be interesting to say the least. Good luck everyone!!
Milestogo
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Phew! That's a load off!! Thanks MTG!

JD ^_^

FYI Got my first set of entries in! I am SUPER Excited!!!

:multi
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Where do we submit the entries?
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LOL it looks like everyone did not read through the whole rules post... I just copy pasted...

Entries are going to run the exact same way I ran the cel contest, send entries to: Jadeduo @ gmail.com - with each entry labeled with:

1. Your Beta User ID
3. Character Name
4. Anime

Keep in mind the most recent Anime TV Show I have watched is Puella Madoka Magica, so I can basically figure out SM/DBZ and some other old school animes however I am not familiar at all with the newer shows. So make this easy on me please label everything as asked! Everyone that has ever run these things knows they are a time suck so the faster I can get done with admin tasks the smoother this will go, also, because I have been behind I will extend the deadline for submissions for a couple of days but I will have to adjust the schedule a smidge...

JD

P.S. I have three entries already! I am super pumped! Keep them coming!
:jump
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

This seemed to work pretty well for the sketch contest! These are the entries so far! I have a few pending pieces because the images were too large to upload I have contacted the entrant already, and they have not yet responded, please respond ASAP!

All the red categories have 0 entries! I will use other colors again as more entries come in! Also I encourage everyone to enter including, Sensei, MTG, Majinuub to participate as well! I will of course try to pad out categories again, although my sketch collection has gotten better recently it is not as widespread as my cel collection and I will not be able to pad out as many categories! I am counting on our sketch collectors to drop out of lurk mode and send me entries!! Please guys and gals!

Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. - 1
Action - Scenes of action, movement, motion. - 1
Background - No characters allowed.
Bliss - Dreamy, joyful, heavenly, euphoric.

Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead. - 1
Comic/Manga Art - Original art from comic artists and manga-kas
Fan Art - Made by you or another artist.

Femininity - Delicacy, gentleness, maidenly 1 Pending
Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! - 1
Funny - Laugh out loud moments.
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) - 2
Group - Art of two or more characters. - 1 Pending
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. - 1
Heroic - Hero/Heroine saves the day! Heroically!
Hybrid - Artwork that incorporates original artwork with xeroxed work. More than 50% of the drawing must be original art. Hybrid artwork is not allowed in any other category.

Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness)
Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. - 2
Mech and Tech - Robots, vehicles, ships, cars, gundams, Oh MY! - 1
Muscles - Beef, brawn flesh, sinew, tendon.
Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. - 1
Outfit - Best dressed, emphasis on clothes and costumes. - 2
Rage - Mad, angry, extreme agitation. - 2
Shocked - Stunned, horrified, utter dismay. - 1
Sorrow - Tear-jerkers, sadness. - 1 Pending
Special Effect - Power bursts, transformation effects, etc.
Tranquility - Characters who have found their inner peace.

Villainy - Archenemies, evil scientists, meanies, wicked bad guys. - 2
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These sketches are not allowed in any other category. - 1

OPTIONAL: Animated - Short sequences of animated artwork.
OPTIONAL: Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating!
OPTIONAL: Settei - Characters, items or scenery. Settei are not allowed in any other category.

OPTIONAL: Back to the Start - The initial draft of how the sequence should run. - 1
OPTIONAL: Ah! My Eyes! Mye Eyes! - The ugliest, most poorly drawn sketch you own. No random body-part submissions, please! Seriously hideous artwork only. - 1
OPTIONAL: Eyes on Me - Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. - 1
OPTIONAL: POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because its someones back, this is the category for you!) - 1

Entries are running the exact same way I ran the cel contest, send entries to: Jadeduo @ gmail.com - with each entry labeled with:

1. Your Beta User ID
3. Character Name
4. Anime

JD
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to edit the 1st post with where to submit entries and the label format as well? I will see if I have anything to submit by this weekend :D .