Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Winners ANNOUNCED!!!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Now ACCEPTING Entries!

Post by Jadeduo »

Poor Sensei!!!! *sends healthy vibes* If you need help let us know MTG had offered assistance if you need it!

JD
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - 7 DAYS left for Entrie

Post by ToriPagac »

i found some more i could enter i just dont wana make you sick of looking at my chobits :D also would a spider-man from a mcdondals ad be considered hanken
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Yes, please send ^_^
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Concerning the copy/original settei issue: if there is division among Betarians and the matter is not clear in the rules, then considering that the contest is now ongoing we probably should take the more inclusive choice. That is, accept copy settei as well as originals for 2015 and agree to run a poll on the issue before the next one to settle the matter for good.

I personally would vote to restrict entries to original art only, but I concede that it would be unfair to disqualify an entry made in good faith by making the rules more restrictive after the contest has started. Especially as other forum members do not share my personal opinion.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I would be good with that and for copies, we can label them copy for now, as MTG suggested... Does anyone have any objections to that?

JD
:multi
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - 3 DAYS left for Entrie

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

This seemed to work pretty well for the cel contest! These are the entries so far! 12 Entrants to date in the 2014/2015 Sketch Contest! I did mine tonight as well, as my sketch pool is limited, (well in my eyes)...

I've implemented the color key again! It looks a bit depressing as there are only 6 categories we can give all three awards in YET! See what entries are popular for the 2014/2015 Sketch Awards, to date! Also I encourage EVERYONE to enter including, Sensei, MTG, Majinuub to participate as well! I will of course try to pad out categories again, although my sketch collection has gotten better recently it is not as widespread as my cel collection and I will not be able to pad out as many categories! I am counting on our sketch collectors to drop out of lurk mode and send me entries!! Please guys and gals!

COLOR KEY:
No Awards can be given, NEED MORE ENTRIES!
1 Award can be given, let's maximize this! NEED MORE ENTRIES!
2 Awards can be given, let's maximize this! NEED MORE ENTRIES!
3 Awards can be given, *breaks out boxing gloves* Let's do this!

Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. - 4
Action - Scenes of action, movement, motion. - 2
Background - No characters allowed. - 2
Bliss - Dreamy, joyful, heavenly, euphoric. - 2
Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead. - 2
Comic/Manga Art - Original art from comic artists and manga-kas - 1
Fan Art - Made by you or another artist. - 0
Femininity - Delicacy, gentleness, maidenly - 2

Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! - 4
Funny - Laugh out loud moments. - 4
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) - 5
Group - Art of two or more characters. - 5
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. - 4
Heroic - Hero/Heroine saves the day! Heroically! - 2
Hybrid - Artwork that incorporates original artwork with xeroxed work. More than 50% of the drawing must be original art. Hybrid artwork is not allowed in any other category. - 1
Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness) - 0

Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. - 4
Mech and Tech - Robots, vehicles, ships, cars, gundams, Oh MY! - 1
Muscles - Beef, brawn flesh, sinew, tendon. - 2

Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. - 6
Outfit - Best dressed, emphasis on clothes and costumes. - 4
Rage - Mad, angry, extreme agitation. - 5
Shikishii/Signatures - Original signatures and/or artwork drawn by industry artists. Only the artist's signature and accompanying sketch are allowed for submission, all other images must be cropped out. - 1
Shocked - Stunned, horrified, utter dismay. - 8
Sorrow - Tear-jerkers, sadness. - 2
Special Effect - Power bursts, transformation effects, etc. - 0

Tranquility - Characters who have found their inner peace. - 4
Villainy - Archenemies, evil scientists, meanies, wicked bad guys. - 7
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These sketches are not allowed in any other category. - 3

OPTIONAL: Animated - Short sequences of animated artwork. - 2
OPTIONAL: Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating! - 1
OPTIONAL: Settei - Characters, items or scenery. Settei are not allowed in any other category. - 1
OPTIONAL: Back to the Start - The initial draft of how the sequence should run. - 2

OPTIONAL: Ah! My Eyes! My Eyes! - The ugliest, most poorly drawn sketch you own. No random body-part submissions, please! Seriously hideous artwork only. - 3
OPTIONAL: Eyes on Me - Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. - 4
OPTIONAL: Mash-ups! - Those partial sketches which are nothing without all their parts, or go Zany a creative mash-up of sketches from different animes! (i.e. multiple sketches in one image only exists on the internet) - 2
OPTIONAL: POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because its someones back, this is the category for you!) - 2

Entries are running the exact same way I ran the cel contest, send entries to: Jadeduo @ gmail.com - with each entry labeled with:

1. Your Beta User ID
2. What Category you are submitting to.
3. Character Name
4. Anime

Keep in mind the most recent Anime TV Show I have watched is Puella Madoka Magica, so I can basically figure out SM/DBZ and some other old school animes however I am not familiar at all with the newer shows. So make this easy on me please label everything as asked! Everyone that has ever run these things knows they are a time suck so the faster I can get done with admin tasks the smoother this will go, also, because I have been behind I will extend the deadline for submissions for a couple of days but I will have to adjust the schedule a smidge...

Thanks all! And Best of Luck to Everyone!
JD
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - 2 DAYS left for Entrie

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

This seemed to work pretty well for the cel contest! These are the entries so far! 14 Entrants to date in the 2014/2015 Sketch Contest! I did mine as well, as my sketch pool is limited, (well in my eyes)...

I've implemented the color key again! It looks a bit depressing as there are only 13 categories we can give all three awards in YET! See what entries are popular for the 2014/2015 Sketch Awards, to date! That is less than half! Also I encourage EVERYONE to enter including, Sensei, MTG, Majinuub to participate as well! I will of course try to pad out categories again, although my sketch collection has gotten better recently it is not as widespread as my cel collection and I will not be able to pad out as many categories! I am counting on our sketch collectors to drop out of lurk mode and send me entries!! Please guys and gals!

COLOR KEY:

Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. - 4
Action - Scenes of action, movement, motion. - 5
Bliss - Dreamy, joyful, heavenly, euphoric. - 4
Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead. - 3

Femininity - Delicacy, gentleness, maidenly - 4
Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! - 5
Funny - Laugh out loud moments. - 5
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) - 5
Group - Art of two or more characters. - 7
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. - 5
Heroic - Hero/Heroine saves the day! Heroically! - 3
Hybrid - Artwork that incorporates original artwork with xeroxed work. More than 50% of the drawing must be original art. Hybrid artwork is not allowed in any other category. - 1
Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness) - 0

Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. - 4
Mech and Tech - Robots, vehicles, ships, cars, gundams, Oh MY! - 4
Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. - 7
Outfit - Best dressed, emphasis on clothes and costumes. - 5
Rage - Mad, angry, extreme agitation. - 6
Shikishii/Signatures - Original signatures and/or artwork drawn by industry artists. Only the artist's signature and accompanying sketch are allowed for submission, all other images must be cropped out. - 2
Shocked - Stunned, horrified, utter dismay. - 8
Sorrow - Tear-jerkers, sadness. - 5
Tranquility - Characters who have found their inner peace. - 6
Villainy - Archenemies, evil scientists, meanies, wicked bad guys. - 9
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These sketches are not allowed in any other category. - 4

OPTIONAL: Animated - Short sequences of animated artwork. - 3
OPTIONAL: Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating! - 1
OPTIONAL: Settei - Characters, items or scenery. Settei are not allowed in any other category. - 3
OPTIONAL: Back to the Start - The initial draft of how the sequence should run. - 2
OPTIONAL: Ah! My Eyes! My Eyes! - The ugliest, most poorly drawn sketch you own. No random body-part submissions, please! Seriously hideous artwork only. - 3
OPTIONAL: Eyes on Me - Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. - 4
OPTIONAL: Mash-ups! - Those partial sketches which are nothing without all their parts, or go Zany a creative mash-up of sketches from different animes! (i.e. multiple sketches in one image only exists on the internet) - 2
OPTIONAL: POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because its someones back, this is the category for you!) - 3

Entries are running the exact same way I ran the cel contest, send entries to: Jadeduo @ gmail.com - with each entry labeled with:

1. Your Beta User ID
3. Character Name
4. Anime

Keep in mind the most recent Anime TV Show I have watched is Puella Madoka Magica, so I can basically figure out SM/DBZ and some other old school animes however I am not familiar at all with the newer shows. So make this easy on me please label everything as asked! Everyone that has ever run these things knows they are a time suck so the faster I can get done with admin tasks the smoother this will go, also, because I have been behind I will extend the deadline for submissions for a couple of days but I will have to adjust the schedule a smidge...

JD
Last edited by Jadeduo on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Categories in Danger of Getting Cut Due to LACK of Entries!

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

I am putting this together separately, the following are the categories that are in danger of getting cut! Please take a look if you have not yet entered this years contest, or if you have any remaining slots left! The more categories we can string at least three entries for will allow us to give more awards! ^_^

JD

Itadakimasu! (Our favorite characters stuffing their faces with deliciousness) - 0 <- This cat was super popular during the Cel contest what happened here??
Shikishii/Signatures - Original signatures and/or artwork drawn by industry artists. Only the artist's signature and accompanying sketch are allowed for submission, all other images must be cropped out. - 2

OPTIONAL CATEGORIES:
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - LAST DAY for Entries!!

Post by Jadeduo »

I have I think two or three new entrants to go through today! Yay! I should have an accurate number of which categories are going to be cut soon I will be contacting individual entrants individually today to give them a chance to send something in a different category!

Also is anyone else having trouble with RS? It's not letting me upload anything this morning!

Fortunately Survey Monkey is fine!

JD
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

sorry to go off topic but your correct JD rubberslug isn't letting
updates work, just processing0%0%0%0%
Yay for your sketch contest, looking forward to viewing all the lovelies!
Jadeduo wrote: Also is anyone else having trouble with RS? It's not letting me upload anything this morning!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

teggacat wrote:sorry to go off topic but your correct JD rubberslug isn't letting
updates work, just processing0%0%0%0%
Yay for your sketch contest, looking forward to viewing all the lovelies!
Jadeduo wrote: Also is anyone else having trouble with RS? It's not letting me upload anything this morning!

Gawd thanks Teggacat! I thought I was going crazy!! $%(%^&(%^)(^&$)&(@#(&$ I love and hate RS at the same time it's like trying to herd cats sometimes! Although last week Survey Monkey was down for over an hour forcing me to stop uploading entries for time but it was only an hour RS seems to be down a little longer at times.

JD
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

This seemed to work pretty well for the cel contest! These are the entries so far! 17 Entrants to date in the 2014/2015 Sketch Contest! I did mine as well, as my sketch pool is limited, (well in my eyes)...

I've implemented the color key again! It looks a lot better now with 22 categories we can give all three awards in! See what entries are popular for the 2014/2015 Sketch Awards, to date! That is less than half! Also I encourage EVERYONE to enter!!! Especially newbies! I will of course try to pad out categories again, although my sketch collection has gotten better recently it is not as widespread as my cel collection and I will not be able to pad out as many categories! I am counting on our sketch collectors to drop out of lurk mode and send me entries!! Please guys and gals!

There are still 10 Categories in danger of being cut! Please look at all the categories in the dark maroon color, if you have submitted to that category and the numbers stay like this I would have a substitute in your back pocket just in case! If you still have slots left and can help me out in any of these categories, please let me know!

COLOR KEY:

Accessory - Emphasis on what the character is holding, using, swinging, playing, aiming. - 7
Action - Scenes of action, movement, motion. - 6
Bliss - Dreamy, joyful, heavenly, euphoric. - 5
Blood on the Ground - Characters on the verge of death, or those that really are gravely injured, dying, or dead. - 4

Femininity - Delicacy, gentleness, maidenly - 6
Tomboys - For all those lovely ladies that are redefining what it means to be a woman! - 5
Funny - Laugh out loud moments. - 6
FURRIES (have a cel of a furry friend? A dog, a cat, a cabbit, a catgirl/boy? a Kero..... you know ANYTHING with fur) - 6
Group - Art of two or more characters. - 8
Hanken - Art used for merchandise or other non-production special circumstances. Hankens are not allowed in any other category except hentai. - 5
Heroic - Hero/Heroine saves the day! Heroically! - 5

Love - Kissing, hugging, cuddling, any displays of affection, innocent or physical – just not explicit. - 6
Mech and Tech - Robots, vehicles, ships, cars, gundams, Oh MY! - 5
Bishonen - Young men whose beauty (and sex appeal) transcends the boundary of gender. - 7
Outfit - Best dressed, emphasis on clothes and costumes. - 5
Rage - Mad, angry, extreme agitation. - 7
Shocked - Stunned, horrified, utter dismay. - 10
Sorrow - Tear-jerkers, sadness. - 6
Tranquility - Characters who have found their inner peace. - 7
Villainy - Archenemies, evil scientists, meanies, wicked bad guys. - 9
OP/ED/Eyecatch – Cels used only in these special animated sequences. These sketches are not allowed in any other category. - 5

OPTIONAL: Animated - Short sequences of animated artwork. - 3
OPTIONAL: Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri - The risque genres, nudity not a requirement however it must be from a Hentai, Yaoi, or Yuri anime with a higher maturity rating! - 2
OPTIONAL: Settei - Characters, items or scenery. Settei are not allowed in any other category. - 3
OPTIONAL: Back to the Start - The initial draft of how the sequence should run. - 3
OPTIONAL: Eyes on Me - Anime Eyes, love them hate them, they must be the focus of the cel. - 6
OPTIONAL: POSTERIORS - the Backs of anime in a non sexual way. (do you have a cel of someone's butt?, the back of their head? the back of their knees? do you feel it is not appreciated because its someones back, this is the category for you!) - 5

1. Your Beta User ID
3. Character Name
4. Anime

JD
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Okay guys this the last push all entries must be in tonight!

I will be at a friends house for the football game! Checking email during commercials, if you have any questions for me I will be pretty easy to reach!

All entries sent to me are ready to go on Survey Monkey, they would be ready to go on RS too except it has been down basically all day so there goes my brilliant plan to launch viewing tomorrow morning! Grr! Viewing might not start till late tomorrow 7-730 EST depending on RS... *grumbles* although I will post the Survey Monkey Links...

JD
:multi
sensei

Post by sensei »

Jadeduo wrote:they would be ready to go on RS too except it has been down basically all day so there goes my brilliant plan to launch viewing tomorrow morning! Grr!
Pokes Image Jason.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Jason reports:

fixed! sorry