Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Winners ANNOUNCED!!!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Voting Begins, 1/22 12

Post by nowherekid85 »

Just voted now too. A lot of great entries!
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Voted for almost every category but animated. For some reason, the 3rd image(CCS) looks like just a still image(I reloaded the page a few times too). Also, shocked entry 8(unknown) is from e’s otherwise(just in case the person wins it and wants to know where it's from :D ).
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

My votes are in! A very worthy slate of contestants, making many of the categories a tough choice. My thanks to JD for making the contest a popular event and to all participants for making it a real battle royale.

majinuub, you can also view the animated entries on the Rubberslug gallery site. You will need to click on the thumbnails or page through the gallery using "next" and "previous," but I just checked, and all the entries load and run in animated form there.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I am shocked at the speed votes are coming in, the cel contest didn't get such and immediate response! 20 Beta-ers have voted so far! Only 37 voted in the Cel contest! Let's see if we can double this sucker! The quality in entries is VERY high it is going to be a tough race and already is in the Shocked category!

I will try and reload the CCS Animated piece on Saturday I am not going to be near my home computer until tomorrow, I have a charity event tonight!

In the meantime if you want to vote in the category, go see the RS site! Sensei uploaded all the animated pieces there, however, you have to open the thumbnail to see the animations.

If anyone has an issue I only have access to AB and Survey Monkey today!

Thanks,
Jadeduo
:cheers
sensei

Post by sensei »

I will be attending to some academic work today, but as I take breaks :sleep3 :coffee: :pimp I will check my mail, and if there are any issues dealing with the RS site, I'll handle them as promptly as I can.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks Sensei, for watching RS be careful with the :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: it causes incidents of no sleep...

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

In the meantime I am still answering PMs and E-mails till at least 5PM, then will be incommunicado till tomorrow!

JD
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Thanks Sensei. I checked it out on the RS site. It's strange though, as it worked for me the 1st time I clicked the category.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi Guys,

I fixed the Animated, it should work now. If not let me know!

24 Individual votes to date, however there are some entrants that missed some of the regular categories I will be e-mailing everyone individually as we get closer. In case entrants were voting in spurts. Voting ends, Saturday January 31st at Midnight!

Thanks,
JD
:coffee:
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Sketch Contest! - Voting Ends 1/31 11:59PM EST

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

I figured I would poke everyone, only had one more person cast their votes since posting yesterday! Guys let's keep this voting thing going! The first day voting opened like 15 people all voted at once! So let's get this rocking!

I will be sending out emails tonight to entrants that have missed voting in categories, it happens, you forget where you left off, got distracted by shiny objects, passed out in your coffee etc. :coffee:

If you are not an entrant you won't be getting an e-mail but if you would like me to check my spreadsheet to see if you missed any categories, feel free to PM me. I can't check it till I get home around 6:30 but I should get an answer to you in a reasonable time.

Thanks,
JD
:multi
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015-Voting Ends 1/31 11:59PM

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi All!

We've had 30 People vote so far, still 7 behind what the cel contest attracted! Let's bring in some newer, and older peeps to vote on some of the prettiest sketches in the land!

All e-mails have been sent to entrants who have missed categories so you guys have a few days to get those last votes in.

Keep in mind I do not count votes that do not have the Beta ID attached to the vote! Each Beta member only gets one vote per category, so no double voting! I'm watching! :badass

If you voted and are afraid you skipped categories, PM or e-mail me and let me know I will let you know which categories you did not vote in I keep a spreadsheet!

Thanks,
JD
:jump
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015-Voting Ends 1/31 11:59PM

Post by Jadeduo »

Hey Guys!

I have a VERY busy weekend this weekend, tomorrow is Trench Day at our local brewery... If you guys didn't know I am also a beer nerd/snob so I will be busy most of the day tomorrow from 3-6 EST, after a nap I will be on the forums monitoring this post and the voting, voting will be cut off at 11:59 PM EST tomorrow. Then Sunday me and my Mom are doing a beer pairing dinner for the Superbowl, so again busy in the afternoon till late! It is going to be super fun! However early Sunday morning I will be watching the Australian Open Final, and figuring out tie breaks and such and sending them off the Majinuub to be double checked and then forwarded them out to Milestogo for Awards creation.

From there Milestogo will have two weeks to create the awards and upload them to RS. I want to ask everyone who participated to refrain from visiting the site until we announce that she is finished getting everyone's awards uploaded! It is so much more fun to do a big reveal and everyone can kudos and pat each other on the back together. This has been a very competitive contest and every piece entered is just lovely... Even in Ah My Eyes! Where the roughness actually is more beautiful at times because you can see the motions in the pencil strokes.

I will be monitoring this post basically all day today and the voting. So if anyone needs me for anything post, pm or e-mail!

Thanks,
JD
:cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee: :cheers :coffee:
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 -LAST DAY!! 1/31 11:59PM

Post by kathpatty »

Thanks for all the time and effort you all have put in.....

YOU ARE APPRECIATED !! :bounce :hello
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

You are very welcome Kathpatty! I'm hoping with my efforts on these last two contests we will see more people trickle back in!

I'll be available on and off through the day, if anyone has any questions between 3-6 you might not get a response until 8 or 9 tonight. I will be awake at midnight shutting down the surveys then going to bed. So if you want to make your opinion known now is the time to do it!

Jadeduo
:coffee: :cheers
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

KK! Votes are in I have a bit if a conundrum going on! In two categories....

In Bishonen, there is a three way tie for First!! My instinct is just to award the three golds and be done with it!

In Shocked there is a four way tie for First and a three way tie for second! My instinct here is just to award the four golds and be done with it!

Or we could do a run off election but that will of course delay announcing the results!

Let me know what you think!

Jadeduo
x
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by x »

Hi JD,
I think that sounds reasonable. Even if you did a run off election there is no guarantee that the deadlocks would be broken.
Plus the extra time would delay the results and be more work for you guys.

The ties just shows the high standard of entries.

My 2 cents